Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Tragedy

Sequel to Changes. A month has passed since changes, and the newest student has had a mental breakdown. Now the X-Men stop in to help the student recover.

Chapter 1 - Tragedy

Chapter 1 - Tragedy
Attention:  Generation X and their villians,as well as any other mutant mentioned in this story, is property of MarvelComics.  The character Richard Cale is named after family relations. Any other reference to anything copywrighted is a chance happening.
====================================================
Truth Be Told
Tragedy
            Yvettestood at the door to Rich's dorm room.  She could hardly believe thathe had grown so cold in such short a time.  He was depressed, andthe events that lead to them were extremely traumatic.  They knewthat Rich was having problems when she and Monet followed him the one day. Emma Frost, the headmistress of Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters,asked them to watch him.  As they quietly followed that day a weekago, she had realized what he going to do.  She saw the lighthousein the distance, the place where Emplate lived.  When she explainedthe situation to Monet, Monet grabbed her, then Rich, and flew them backto the school.
            Yvettecontinued to watch Rich, as he sat on his bed, holding a picture she hadseen many times before.  Every once in a while, he broke into tears. When she tried to approach him, he gave her a glance that told her notto even come close to him.  It was odd, because she and him had beeninseparable after his recovery from Emplate's attack on the school. She was so deep in worry for Rich when she heard a voice behind her softlysay, "Has there been any change, Yvette?"  She turned to see EmmaFrost standing behind her and watching Rich.
            "No,Emma.  I can't even begin to approach him.  I've never seen himlike this before."
            "Noneof us has, Yvette."  Emma Frost had started calling her by her firstname since Rich recovered.  "You must remember what Rich has beenthrough.  Part of him still feels remorse for the events.  Hefeels responsible for the deaths that happened here."
            Yvetteunderstood that much.  She still couldn't understand why Rich wouldwant to turn himself over to Emplate.  "That doesn't give him theexcuse to turn himself over to Emplate.  He knows how much I carefor him.  He knows I would not let him do that."
            Acalm voice startled both her and Emma.  "That was why he tried tosneak away, Penny."  It was Monet.  Monet still called her Penny,a nickname that was given to her by her friend and "sister", Jubilee. Monet continued, "He didn't know we were following him, but with how hismind works, I think he was hoping we would.  I think that somethinghe said came up and hit him in the face."
            Yvetteheard both herself and Emma ask in unison,  "What?"
            "Thetruth can surface in ugly ways.  What caused this was the ugliesttruth in the Cale family."
            Emmainterjected, "That and he feels guilty over the death of Sean's cousin." Yvette remembered that.  She still remembered what had happened. Yvette had remembered that, but she didn't know much about Sean's cousin.
            "Emma,what happened between Sean and his cousin?"  Yvette didn't truly understandit all, but she wanted to find out.
            "Thereis a fierce hatred between Sean and his cousin, Tom.  It is the samethat is between Monet and Emplate."  Yvette shuddered to think thatsomeone else could be as evil as Emplate.  She still had nightmaresabout her imprisonment.  "Tom is the black sheep of the Cassidy Clan,but Tom became an international terrorist.  From what Sean told uswhen we returned from Monet's place, Tom had done some experiments andlearned to control plants.  His next step was to probably captureall of you using the fake Mondo he created."
            Yvettewas just about to ask more when Jubilee ran over, "Emma, Jean and Scottare here."  Emma and Sean decided to see if they could get Rich totalk about what had happened.   The two together figured thatmaybe Jean Summers could get Rich to talk about what had happened.
            Yvette'smore important concern was about Rich.  She knew that Rich knew thatshe was there.  She was afraid that he would try something rash ifnobody was watching.  "Should I keep an eye on Rich, Emma?"
            EverettThomas came walking over.  He then said, "I'll keep an eye on Richfor a while.  Besides, if he sneaks out, I can track him."  Shefelt a little relieved when she heard that.  After Everett took thepost of watching Rich, Jubilee led them over to the main building to meetwith Scott and Jean Summers.

            Seanfelt a bit of relief when Scott and Jean arrived.  He hoped that theycould help Rich break the emotional wall that forced everyone to avoidhim, including Yvette.  No matter what happened until that day overa week ago, Yvette was always welcome, mainly because the two were in love. Sean could swear that he was seeing another Scott and Jean in Rich andYvette.
            Jeanfinally spoke up, "What seems to be the problem?"  Jean, who Xavierhad taught before his rage turned him into Onslaught, never used her powersof telepathy unless as a last-resort.  Emma could take a lesson fromthat.
            Seanwaited until everyone, except for Everett and Rich entered the room. He had sent Everett to keep an eye on Rich so that Yvette could be here. He motioned for everyone to sit down and finally said, "Tis about the newstudent."
            Scottimmediately said, "Was that the one you contacted us about a month ago,to find out in he had contacted us."
            "Aye. As of recently, he has closed himself off from everyone, even Yvette." A slight look of confusion crossed their faces and Sean motioned Yvetteto stand.  As she stood, Sean noticed that she was wearing the samedress that she wore when Rich had recovered after the attack by Emplate. Recently, she started putting her hair in a ponytail.  He then saidto Scott and Jean, "You might remember her being called Penance."
            Jeanlooked a bit surprised.  "What happened to cause this change?"
            "Rich,the new student.  His mutant ability allowed him to communicate withher.  Over the past month, she has learned to control her ability,as well as speak with everyone.  The two had been virtually inseparable,until recently."
            "Whathappened?"  Scott asked.
            "Well,during Christmas, we found we had some unexpected company.  BlackTom was on the school grounds.  The only students on campus at thetime were Yvette, Jono, Angelo, Mondo, and Rich.  It was Rich whodiscovered Tom's presence."
            Scott,looking a bit confused, asked, "How did he manage that?"
            "Rich'smutant ability is to basically change into the mutant he is closest to. Some aspects of his ability allow the lad to use those abilities againstthat mutant."
            Jubileespoke up and said, "I can testify to that."  Sean remembered whatJubilee had gone through the day Emplate had attacked.  Rich, fora brief time, had been controlled by Emplate, and during that time, Emplatehad somehow made Rich attack her.
            Seancontinued, "There are some benefits to his ability.  The communicationwith Penance, the lad can detect Emplate.  Of course, with his ability,we run the risk of him becoming a second Emplate."
            Jeanappeared to come to the conclusion that was what happened.  "I takeit that Rich stumble onto Tom's presence."
            "Thathe did, and that was around when everything went crazy.  I think thatit might be best if we all told you what happened."  Sean began bytell them about how the events began.
 

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment