Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Jono's Story

Sequel to Changes. A month has passed since changes, and the newest student has had a mental breakdown. Now the X-Men stop in to help the student recover.

Chapter 3 - Jono's Story

Chapter 3 - Jono's Story
Attention:  Generation X and their villians,as well as any other mutant mentioned in this story, is property of MarvelComics.  The character Richard Cale is named after family relations. Any other reference to anything copywrighted is a chance happening.
====================================================
Truth Be Told
Jono's Story
            Whenhe walked into the room, Jono saw Mondo sitting in a chair.  He noticedthat Sean had re-entered the room and said, "Jono, I have a message forye."  Sean walked over to him and said softly, "Jono, Rich has informedme of a problem.  The Mondo over there is a fake."
            Jonorealized that with the tone that Sean was serious.  "How did Richknow?"
            "Richhad the good or bad luck to discover my cousin is here.  He replacedMondo with a plantlike copy."
            Jonorealized what was being said.  "I take it that I have the abilityto remove the phony?"
            "That'sthe way Rich figured it."  Jono nodded and looked at the fake Mondo. It was hard to believe that it was a fake.  Then how long was thisfake around.  Inside, Jono didn't want to hurt his friend, but thiswasn't his friend.  He stilled blamed himself for what happened toGayle, how he cost her the use of her legs, and the hatred in her thatmade her join Emplate.  He vowed not to let his ability hurt anyonewho was a friend.  Now he was asked to use his ability in that way.
            Jono,still having second doubts about what he must do, was startled by whatstarted to happen.  Rich, Yvette and Angelo were walking into theroom, Rich with his back to the door.  Rich had obviously thoughtthe deed was done for he said, "And the Mondo that I found was the realone."
            Yvettehad looked at Rich and said, "And that's fake."  Rich spun quicklyand ducked the fist that came at him.  A second later, Mondo handformed into tendrils and quickly ensnared Rich.  Jono knew now thatthis was a fake and let lose with a blast of energy.  Almost instantly,Yvette cut Rich free and pulled him to safety as the fake Mondo went upin flames.
            Asthe fake disappeared in a puff of ash, Jono turned to Rich and said, "I'msorry about that.  I still had doubts of my own."  Rich hadsome insight into what happened to Gayle, but he hoped that Rich understoodwhy he had waited to be sure.
            Rich,still struggling for his breath, said, "I understand.  I just hopenot to get another near death encounter like that again.  That makesthree."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

            Yvettelistened as Jean spoke again to stop what Jono was saying.  "Do youbelieve that might have been part of his breakdown?"  Yvette staredat both Jono and the red haired woman.  This woman had been broughthere to help find out why Rich had retreated into isolation.  Thiswoman, as Ms. Frost had said, was a telepath.  Yvette knew that thiswoman had better training in her power that Ms. Frost had.
            Justas soon as Jono was about say something, Sean said, "That had been thefirst time that any of us knew about that, and those of us who weren'there at the school at the time just learned about it now."  Yvettenoticed the look of shock on Emma's face.
            Yvettehad to speak up, because she knew something they didn't.  "That isnot true.  Rich told me before any of this had happened about whathad happened."  She noticed the look of shock on Sean's face.
            "Yvette,lass, ye mean to tell me that ye knew about that?"
            "Richtold me many things about his life.  The facing death deal he learnedto deal with, even though it was at different times in his life." She hoped that would help clear things up.
            Scott,the man who wore the red sunglasses asked, "Then could you help us clearthis up?"  He seemed very adamant about finding the answer.
            "Ithink that part of it has to deal with facing death, but not in the senseyou mean."  With that, she continued the recount of the events thathad passed.
 

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment