Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - Yvette's Story

Sequel to Changes. A month has passed since changes, and the newest student has had a mental breakdown. Now the X-Men stop in to help the student recover.

Chapter 4 - Yvette's Story

Chapter 4 - Yvette's Story
Attention:  Generation X and their villians,as well as any other mutant mentioned in this story, is property of MarvelComics.  The character Richard Cale is named after family relations. Any other reference to anything copywrighted is a chance happening.
====================================================
Truth Be Told
Yvette's Story
            Yvettehelped Rich off the floor.  She was a little upset with Jono for notdoing what he had been told earlier.  She still had some of her survivalinstincts in her about a threat.  Act first.  Question Later. She was about to say something to Jono when Rich said psionically {Nowlove, you must remember that he injured someone, and he didn't want tohurt another friend.}
            Yvetteremembered that Rich had used his mutant ability to mimic her.  {Buthe let the fake Mondo almost kill you.  I don't see how you can easilyforgive that.}
            {Simple. I had my own doubts as well.  I started thinking, what if the oneI told Sean about, was the real one?  At least when that Mondo attackedme, I knew it was fake.  There were no doubts.}  He said allthat in a calm voice that he used most of the time.  She had neverseen Rich upset, and Rich had told her that he had a nasty temper.
            Sean,followed by Angelo and Jono, walked over and asked, "Rich, lad, are yealright?" as he extended a hand to help Rich up.  Over the time shehad been at the school, Yvette had learned to trust Sean Cassidy enoughto know that he cared for everyone.  Regardless of her first day atthe school, she realized that this man meant her no harm.
            Richtook Sean's extended hand and she and Sean help Rich to his feet. "As best as can be expected from an experience similar to getting a hugfrom a boa?"  Yvette wondered what Rich had meant by that statement. She went to ask him as he said, "It is a snake known for crushing its victims,Yvette."  She understood what he meant then.
            Shethen heard Angelo say, "So, we have an unconscious Mondo in the med unit,and a madman on the grounds?"  She wondered what Angelo had meantby that.  This was the first she had heard about this relative ofSean's.
            Seansaid to Angelo, "That is a nice way of terming it."  He then motionedeveryone to gather around and said, "We have a major problem, and we gotto stop it before everyone returns.  Skitz, do ye remember when youhad spotted me cousin?"  Rich nodded and Sean continued, "Good, Chamber,I want you to start charging up for another blast.  Skin, be readyto pull any of us out of harms way.  Skitz, I hope you have mimickedPenance, because you might be the only weapons we have until Chamber isready."  This was big trouble, since Sean only used codenames whenthere was trouble.
            Richhad tense to a point that he could still speak.  "I'm ready, Banshee." Rich then turned to face her and said, "Are you ready, Penny?"
            Shedid the same and said, "Let's save our school."  She felt better aboutwhat they were getting into when Rich smiled.  They all headed outof the building they were in, as Rich lead them to a small wooded areaa short ways from the school.  They had obviously passed the rangeof the alarms, because the alarms had never detected Sean's cousin.
            WhenRich stopped, she watched and listened as Sean yelled, "All right Tom,We know ye are here, so ye might as well show yurself."  She watchedand was ready to strike at anything.  She noticed that Rich had movedover to her side.  Angelo and Jono had stayed back just as Sean hadinstructed.
            Shethen heard Rich speak to her, {I hope it doesn't come down to fighting.} She saw the worry in his eyes.  Something was truly worrying him,something that he couldn't hide.
            {What'swrong?}
            {Rememberwhat I said about my temper?}
            Aterrible realization hit her mind.  {Don't lose control of your tempernow?  I don't know the extreme of my ability.  I'd hate to findabout it if you did something rash.}
            Richslowly said, trying to keep the calmness in his voice, {I'll try. For your sake, Yvette, I'll try.}
            Thetwo of them jumped to face movement Yvette seen appear in front of Sean. Then, an eerie voice said, "Well now cousin, I was hoping to meet later. How did ye discover I was here.  Did my fake Mondo do something unexpected?" A chill ran up her spine.  The man had looked partially like a plant.
            Seanfaced his cousin and said, "Why are ye here?  What are ye planningto do here, Tom?"  There was a look of anger on Sean's face.
            Theman that was Sean's cousin, Tom, said in a calm voice, "Ye are being replacedas teacher of this school.  I'm taking over as of right now. Sooner that I had planned, but I can adapt."  Yvette then notice twolarge tree roots come out of the ground.  One wrapped itself aroundSean and flung him to the ground near Jono and Angelo.  The othercame to hit her and Rich.  As she jumped to the left, and Rich jumpedright, the man said, "This is one ability you aren't immune to.  Iambushed Mondo easily enough.  I think that one of these two mutantsalerted ye to my presence, cousin.  I shall rectify that problem."
            Theone root came down at Rich, but he jumped out of the way again. Yvetterealized she should have watched for her safety as the other root camestraight at her and sent her flying.  She saw that she was going tocollide with a tree and she didn't have anyway to stop it.  She thensaw one of Angelo's fingers appear.  He was going to pull her outof the way.  She softened her body and allowed him to pull her awayfrom a painful collision.  The hit from the root was painful enough. As she was pulled from safety, she heard, in her mind, a scream of rage. She realized what it was, but before she could say anything, it was toolate to stop it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

            Angelo,who was no stranger to painful memories, noticed that Yvette was havingtrouble continuing the account of what happened.  In fact, he figuredit would happen.  He said, "Do you want me to continue for you?" He probably could tell this part better, after seeing something similarto it in the hood.
            Shelooked at him and said, "Please."  She walked over to a corner andhad almost started to cry.  He could only imagine the fear she felt. He watched as Jubilee went over to comfort her.  Jubilee always comfortedYvette during those times Rich wasn't around, and even after his uniqueattempt to take his life.
            Jeanlooked at him and said, "So what happened?"  Angelo decided to tellthem exactly what he saw.
            "Well,I can put it this way.  You don't have to worry about Black Tom Cassidyanymore, chica."
            Alook of shock passed both Jean's and Scott's faces.  Scott managedto say, "You mean he...?"  Angelo decided then was the time to tellthem what had happened after he caught Yvette.
 

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment