Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 6 - Jubilee's Story

Sequel to Changes. A month has passed since changes, and the newest student has had a mental breakdown. Now the X-Men stop in to help the student recover.

Chapter 6 - Jubilee's Story

Chapter 6 - Jubilee's Story
Attention:  Generation X and their villians,as well as any other mutant mentioned in this story, is property of MarvelComics.  The character Richard Cale is named after family relations. Any other reference to anything copywrighted is a chance happening.
====================================================
Truth Be Told
Jubilee's Story
            Jubileewalked with Rich and Penny as they headed to the place where the confrontationwith Black Tom happened just a couple of days earlier.  She, as wellas Paige and Emma, had gone with Monet to her family's house for Christmas. It was during that time that Black Tom was discovered at the school. It was that time that Rich killed Black Tom.  With what Black Tomhad become, it was probably for the best, but Rich was still getting overit.  It wasn't until Rich came to a stop that she said, "Is this whereit happened?"
            Richremoved his glasses and wiped some tears from his eyes.  She alreadyknew the answer, but he answered "Yes."  He placed a flower on theground and stayed there, kneeling.
            Penny,or as almost everyone called her 'Yvette', walked over and said, "He hasdone this everyday since the attack.  I think he is recovering fromthe attack.  I don't understand why he does this ritual."
            "Maybehe's just trying to ease his conscience.  I think I know how somethinglike that could feel."  The truth was she didn't.  She had beenfaced with the choice to kill someone before, but she didn't because shedidn't want to be haunted by the ghosts.  She noticed that Rich finallystood up.
            Pennylooked at him and said, "Do you need some time alone?"  Jubilee couldtell that Penny really cared for Rich.  She worried for days aboutRich as he slowly became more stable.  Penny was the first one totell her what had happened.  Jubilee was glad that she had not witnessedit.
            "No,Yvette, I don't need anytime alone.  I think I need to find a wayto relax.  Care to go for a walk with me?"  Jubilee could tellthat Rich was hoping for the answer to be yes.
            Pennylooked into his eyes and said, "I'd love to."  Both smiled as Jubileewatch them walk off.  Jubilee was not going to intrude on those two. Actually, nobody ever seemed to worry about them, mainly because Rich wasa gentleman.
            Jubileestarted looking at the site.  It was eerie to think that Black TomCassidy had managed to replace Mondo, and even planned on taking controlof the school.  Jubilee then saw what was left of Black Tom's face. She could have sworn that it was still alive, just waiting for her to gettoo close, and then she would be a prisoner.  She wondered why Richkept that at the site.  She said to herself, aloud, "Maybe it's thereas a reminder.  That's it, a reminder."
            Sheheard movement in the forest.  It could have been Rich and Penny comingback from their walk.  She then noticed the sound came from the oppositedirection that they had gone in.  She decided to investigate it. Sean had always told them to contact him if something strange was happening,but when did she ever follow the rules.  She walked over to the areashe heard the sound in and looked around.  Nothing.  She startedto think that she was spooked by the site when someone grabbed her frombehind.  "Strange.  I did my best to hide, and still you foundme, Ms. Lee," said a strange voice.
            Shescreamed in reaction.  She didn't have a chance to fire her sparksat her attacker, due to how quickly he caught her.  She was turnedto face the man.  He had short white hair and his eyes appeared tohave a glow in them.  How did this man know her name, but she decidedto voice the more important question.  "Who are you?"
            Theman looked at her with his cold eyes and held her with a superhuman grip. He said, "You may call me.."
            "Bastion." She was taken back by what was just said, as was the man, for the one whosaid the name was Rich.  He appeared to have tears in his eyes, asif he was seeing a ghost.  It was just then everyone else had arrived.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

            "Bastion,head of Zero Tolerance, had attacked the school," Scott shouted. Emma understood his reaction.  Two of the X-Men had manage to infiltrateBastion's Organization.  She only found out recently how dangerousthis group was.
            Jeanthen said, "Scott, I don't know, but I think that events here lead to thestop of Zero Tolerance."  This was news to Emma, to hear that thegroup had been stopped.  She knew that Bastion was no longer a problem,but that Zero Tolerance was gone.  Jean then said, "But, how did Richknow who Bastion was?"
            Seanthen said, "Remember how I had said that Rich believed he lost a memberof his family."  It was then Emma realized and understood everythingthat Rich had said at that confrontation.  She had figured out thebiggest secret in Rich's family, and finally saw how much protection thatRich's family tried to give him from the truth.
            "Youmean to say that Rich is related to Bastion.  That's impossible. Zero Tolerance was shown to be an advanced form of Sentinels."  Scottsaid.
            Emmafinally said, "With human minds.  Apparently Bastion joined the projectand became what he was."
            Jeanlooked at her and in a questioning tone, said, "Was?"
            "Bastion,previously before joining Zero Tolerance, was named Bastion Cale. This was Rich's uncle.  Since Rich's ability manifested, Rich wastold his uncle committed suicide.  Until that day that Bastion attacked,Rich believed it."  She then told them what had happened that day.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment