Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 7 - Emma's Story

Sequel to Changes. A month has passed since changes, and the newest student has had a mental breakdown. Now the X-Men stop in to help the student recover.

Chapter 7 - Emma's Story

Chapter 7 - Emma's Story
Attention:  Generation X and their villians,as well as any other mutant mentioned in this story, is property of MarvelComics.  The character Richard Cale is named after family relations. Any other reference to anything copywrighted is a chance happening.
====================================================
Truth Be Told
Emma's Story
            Emmaand the others arrived on the scene to see that the man holding Jubileeand Rich were motionless, as if the two had been frozen in time. Emma said to Sean, "What is happening?"
            Seanwas watching and said, "I dinnae.  Rich said he heard Jubilee scream,and he and Yvette were going to check it out.  He called us to headout and when we all get here, Rich and that man seem to appear as if theyare frozen in time."
            Finallythe man spoke, "Richard, what are you doing here?  Did these mutantskidnap you?"  The man must have know Rich, but how did he know Rich. Emma tried to telepathically tell him to release Jubilee only to see abigger problem.
            Sheturned to Sean and said, "He's a Sentinel.  He must be a new formof Sentinel.  But I don't know how he knows Rich."  She saw alook in Sean's eyes as if he knew the answer.
            Justas Sean was about to say something, Rich finally spoke to man, "How canyou say that.  You always told me all people were created equal andshould be treated that way.  I came here by choice, but why are youhere?  I thought you were dead."
            "Mutantsare not people, Richard, they are freaks of nature that should be eliminated." Emma saw Jubilee tremble in fear.  Rich still had his calm demeanoron, although it was becoming evident that he was struggling.  Theman continued, "Apparently your parents were trying to protect you fromthe harsh truth of the world with lies.  The world needs to be cleansedof mutants.  Now you can't be here by choice, Richard, because youare not a mutant."
            Emmacould tell Rich was almost upset at this.  Rich approached the manand said, "I am a mutant, Bastion.  It was a few days after my abilityappeared that I was told you killed yourself, and now I find that was Ilie to protect me from the worse thing of all.  You always told meto treat people as equals, regardless of what they were.  Now I findout that you are the biggest hypocrite in the world.  I now wish youwere dead.  The man I saw as a second father, would rather see medead.  If you are going to do anything to them, you will have to killme first."  With that, Rich closed his eyes and stood at attention.
            Nobodymoved, in fear that one wrong move would cost Rich's, or Jubilee's life. Emma was frightened, because Rich appeared to know Bastion on a first namebasis, and Sean knew the connection.  Emma tried again to scan Bastion'smind.  This time, she saw what appeared to be a conflict.  Shefinally detected a human part to Bastion.  The human half seemed tobe fighting against the Sentinel part.  Eventually, the human partof Bastion said to her mind, as if it knew she was there, [Ms. Frost, Idon't want to kill my nephew.  I never knew he was a mutant. I always told him to treat people with kindness.  I always told himto strive for a better world, and now, the computerized part of me saysI must kill him, for he is a plague to mankind.]
            Shementally spoke back to Bastion.  [He came here to do just that. All of these children came to do exactly that.  To learn to use theirabilities to help humanity.]  She had hoped that those words mightprevent a catastrophe.
            Mentallyagain, the human Bastion said, [I'm sorry, for what I have done. Please make my apologies to my nephew, I just hope he will listen. Tell Ms. Lee to move away.]  Emma was confused by the nephew statement,but she didn't have time to think about it.  Upon hearing that, sheopened her eyes and saw Bastion release Jubilee.  He made a coupleof motions, pressing what appeared to be buttons.  Emma realized whatBastion was doing.  The Sentinel, formerly a human being, was goingto take his own life.
            "Jubilee,get away fast.  Nobody move."  She yelled to everyone, just asMonet started to fly towards Rich.  Emma quickly went into Monet'smind and said, [Child, get back or else you will get injured.]
            Monetanswered back in an upset psionic tone, [But, Rich..]
            [Richwill be fine.  He will not get injured.]  Just then, an explosionhappened right where Bastion was standing.  There was a red spraythat lashed out everywhere, and the metal that was in him had atomized. Emma noticed that Rich had finally moved.  She watched as Rich openedhis eyes and looked around.  He saw the blood and noticed that Bastionhad died.  Instead of getting upset, Rich's face became stone cold. He appeared as if nothing in the world would phase him.  It was thenEmma realized how bad he had been affected by Bastion's death.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

            Monetwatched as Jean Summers gasped and said, "That must have been terriblefor him, to watch a family member kill themselves."
            Emmasaid, "That was what lead to the breakdown, but we didn't know how severit was until recently.  We figured that we needed to keep an eye onRich.  He was upset, but he didn't want to show it, mainly becauseof what he had found out that day."
            "Iunderstand, but how serious had it become?"
            Monetanswered Jean's question, for she felt she had to tell all this. "Rich tried to take his own life."
            ScottSummers asked the question, "How did he try and do this?"
            "Idon't think he truly wanted to go through with taking his life.  Hesaid that drugs would kill him, due to the medication he takes, but ifhe wanted to face death, he wanted it to be on his terms."  She thentold them of that terrible day that Rich tried to take his life.
 

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment