Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Jailbreak

Sequel to Reflections Of The Emplate War. As things return to normal for Generation X, a new foe surfaces. Now Generation X prepares for an attack, and also learns more about their newest teammate

Chapter 1 - Jailbreak

Chapter 1 - Jailbreak
Attention:  Generation X and their villains,as well as any other mutant mentioned in this story, is property of MarvelComics.  The character Richard Cale is named after family relations. Any other reference to anything copyrighted is a chance happening.
====================================================
Catch A Sound Wave
Jailbreak
               The janitor did his rounds with no cares.  He knew that this prisonfor mutants had the best security.  It was designed by a mutant. He hadn’t lived long in the city of Easton, but he had been there longenough to learn about some of the rules.  He didn’t much care. He had a good job, a nice life.  They paid him well to clean the halls,but then, it was a high risk area.  Many times, he had mopped thisfloor.  Today, however, was different.  He snuck his walkmaninto work.  They forbid stuff like that, but it was well hidden. Hidden under his shirt, the wire was well hidden.  The volume wasvery low.  He approached the one section of the prison.  He noticeda few times that there were signs that read, “No humming, no singing, nomusic of anykind, except hard rock.”  That was odd that they wouldallow that noise, but not the good stuff, like Billy Joel, who he was listeningto right now.
              As he passed by the guard in the area, he started sweeping by the cells. As he got to the farthest cell, he heard a voice say, “Hey, watcha listeningto?”  He stopped dead in his tracks.  He turned back to lookat the guard.  The guard wasn’t moving.  The voice then said,“Not back there, in here.”  He quickly turned to face a guy, around21-22 years in age, in the cell.  The man was just lying on the cotas he said, “What are you listening to?”
              He froze and slowly said “Nothing.”  He noticed that the prisonereyed him with what might be called a predator’s eye.  This felon nevertook notice of him before.  Why now?
              The felon just looked at him and said, “Listen, I hear the beat. What did you do, smuggle a tape player in here?”  The guy just reachedthrought the bars.  He tried to back away, but the arm kept reaching. When it finally grabbed him, he was pulled to the bars so fast he hit themhard.  He quickly saw the felon holding his walkman, and the guardwas having a panic attack.  He then blacked out from the pain.

              Davis Skinur put the walkman on.  He heard the sound of sweet music. Five years in this cell, and he had never heard a song, until the idiotjanitor brought in the music.  He noticed that the guard was now ina panic.  Of course he knew why.  Soundwave was about to breakout. Almost instantaniously, the bars disappeared.  It was his doingas he watched the janitor fall to the floor.  He turned and watchedthe guard fumble for his gun.  He shifted the music in the walkmanand he heard a new song.  He smiled and said to the guard, “HelloIrving.”  As the guard pulled his gun out, the gun turned and shothim three times.  Davis smiled.  “The Ballad of Irving” was funny,especially when a cop got gunned down.  He then brought the bars back,killing the janitor. No big loss.  The janitor had no mind. He heard the sirens start.  He hated noise.  He quickly pumpedup the music and phased out of the prison.  When he finally got awayfrom the prison, he turned and faced the city and said, “Look out, Rich. It’s payback time.”
*************************************************
 

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment