Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - Rhapsody's Finale

Sequel to Reflections Of The Emplate War. As things return to normal for Generation X, a new foe surfaces. Now Generation X prepares for an attack, and also learns more about their newest teammate

Chapter 4 - Rhapsody's Finale

Chapter 4 - Rhapsody's Finale
Attention:  Generation X and their villains,as well as any other mutant mentioned in this story, is property of MarvelComics.  The character Richard Cale is named after family relations. Any other reference to anything copyrighted is a chance happening.
====================================================
Catch A Sound Wave
Rhapsody's Finale
               Jubilee walked though the girls dorm.  She didn’t understand why everyonesplit up.  Each of them had taken a part of each of the buildings. As she walked through the dorm, she had her fingers in a gun formation. She wanted to be ready to paf this Soundwave character before he triedanything.  She listened intently.  She heard music, the worsemusic of all, NKOTB.  She shuddered as she moved quietly through thedorm. Eventually, she heard movement.  She moved slowly in the directionof the movement. She saw that Penny’s door was open.  She slowly movedalong the wall.  When she near the door, she took a deep breath. She quickly spun and started firing sparks into the room.  “Gotcha. You ain’t getting your target today.”  She didn’t see who was in theroom, but she was sure of who it was.  As the sparks cleared, hereyes went wide as the figure looked at her and smiled.  “OH....”
              The figure slammed her into the wall.  She was scared.  It wasn’tSoundwave. It was Sabertooth.  She was shaking in fear.  Thefigure just said, “Surprised.  Prepare for a better surprise.” She hadn’t notice but the music had still been going all through the attack.
              She watched as the face of her attacker shift.  Soon she realizedwhat had happened.  She gasped as the figure was that of Soundwave. He just said, “Obviously, you’re not Yvette, so I shall ask this once,where is Rich and Yvette?  I was hoping to use her to get him.”
              Jubilee worked all her bravido together and spit in his face.  “Iain’t telling you. You try and hurt him, you have to go up against GenerationX.”  She went to kick him so he drop her.
              As she went to kick him, she felt one hand grip her throat, as the otherslapped her.  He just said, “Ever have a nightmare come true, dog.” He threw her to the floor. She slid along the hall.  “Because youare about to.”
              She noticed that he turned around.  She saw the device on his back. It had to be the source of the music.  “Sounds off, creep.” She went to fire her fireworks, but they wouldn’t fire.  She triedagain, and again.  She heard him laugh.  She stood up to tacklehim and then saw it.  All the foes she had faced in her life, andthey were headed after her. She turned and saw that she was in a dead end. The laughter got louder.  This was Soundwave’s work.  It hadto be an illusion.  Then she felt one of them punch her.  Wasit an illusion?  She screemed in agony as the others started to punchher.

              Everett had saw the figure leave the girls dorm.  It had to be Soundwave. He had left the door open.  Everett went to confront the menace whenhe heard the screems. It sounded like Jubilee and she was getting hurtbad.  Did he see Soundwave leave?  If not, he had to get in thereand save Jubilee, and if he did, was it a trick.  He couldn’t takethe risk of not checking.  He loved Jubilee too much.  He raninto the dorm and headed for the screaming.  When he rounded the corner,he saw Jubilee all alone.  She was against a wall, but she acted likeshe was being punched in the gut, and all over.  Everett didn’t understandwhat was happening.  He also noticed that she was acting like shecouldn’t move.  He saw no attackers.  He wondered if Davis wasin here waiting.  He moved forward and said, “Jubilee, what’s wrong?”
              He noticed that she kept facing forward, “Synch, run.  There’s toomany. Ahhhh.”  He noticed she flinched.  She must have gottenhit by something.  He moved in front of her.  Everett couldn’tfigure out what was happening to her.  She then said, “Not again. Stay away Sabertooth.  NOOOOOOOOO.”
              He looked around puzzled, and then wondered.  He went up to Jubileeand said, “Where is Soundwave, did you see him?”  He had a feelingwhat was happening.
              There was a look of fear across her face.  “Yes, but run.  No. Anything but that.”  What ever Soundwave did to her, she was experencingevery fear she had, but worse.   She was going to have physicalrepercussions.  He noticed that she managed to turn her head a little,as if she was trying not to see what was happening.  He then noticedwhat looked like a hearing aid in her ear.  He synched with Jubesability and pulled it out, destroying it with a little firework. He noticed that Jubilee started to collapse.  He quickly grabbed heras she let out a moan of pain.
              He was worried.  He got her in a carry and said, “Hold on, I’ll getyou to the med center.”  He made a quick run for the door.  Therewas no telling what horrors had happen to her, but it was obvious thatSoundwave induced them.  As he ran out of the girls dorm, he ran intoSean and Emma.

              Emma Frost was startled by the sight she saw, as was Sean.  She ranup to Everett and said, “Synch, what happen?”  She could see the worryin his eyes.  Ever since Rich had arrived, Everett and Jubilee hadbecome abit closer.
              He looked at them and said, “Soundwave did something to Jubilee. Hypnotized her in someway.  She was in pain, and something about Sabertooth. I don’t know what he forced her to experience.”
              Emma decided to do a quick mind probe of Jubilee.  She saw the imagesof the scenes Jubilee saw.  Scores of the X-men’s enemies attackingher.  FOH members literally beating her up.  And Sabertooth,the one mutant Jubilee feared most.  She noticed how Sabertooth hadheld back in the scenes.  Then she saw the scene that was startingbefore the whole image ended.  She stopped the probe there. She just said, “Synch, you stopped it just in time.  She was aboutto have her worse fear come true.  How did he keep the hypnosis upwithout being present.”
              Everett looked at her with deep concern.  She knew what he wantedto ask, but kept him from asking it.  He then said, “He put like ahearing aid in her ear.  It was playing music.”
              She head Sean go, “Sounds like his style.”  She gave him a stern glare. Sean looked at her and said, “What did I say?”
              Everett looked at him and said, “That’s very bad, sir.”
              Emma just said, “Banshee, if you meant that as a joke, don’t say it again.” She noticed that he rolled his eyes.  He realized what he said. She then said “We have to check with the others.  Soundwave mightbe trying to stop us before we stop him.”
              Sean reached for his communicator and said, “Everyone, call in, and tellme the situation.”  She noticed that he set it so all could respond.
              The first voice to answer was Mondo’s.  “Banshee.  I think wehave a big problem.  I’m stuck.”
              Emma worried as she said, “Explain that one Mondo.  How are you stuck?”
              The boy answered with a heavy sigh.  “I saw Soundwave attacking Daria. I tried to sneak up on him, via the walls, but as I came out to attackhim, he slapped my head and ran.”
              Sean said, “Can you reach your ear?  He put a sound device in there.”
              She head Mondo go “No.  I’d ask Daria to help, but she can’t move.”
              There was another voice that said, “I’m stuck to the ceiling, with thismusic playing in my ear.  The creep said he had a magnet in the ceiling.” It was Daria.  Emma could guess what was happening.
              Emma then said, “Anyone else that can take care of that?  Skin? Husk?  M? Chamber?”
              The voice of Angelo came on the line.  “He caught me to, senorita. Right now, I’m waiting for a fly, and my fingers are faraway from my ear.”
              Sean said, “Where are you, Skin?”  She was wondering that too.
              “All tied up all over the entry hall, and it’s not to pleasent just hanginghere.”
              Emma just said, “We’ll be there.”  She faced Sean and said, “We aregoing to have to help them.  Soundwave is mad, but there is a definatemethod to it.”
              Just then, a voice spoke on the comm unit.  "Banshee, White Queen,it’s Chamber.  I just got to Husk.  How do I stop this?"
              Emma turned and said, “What’s wrong?”
             "Heard Husk screem in shock.  She went to husk into something,but he made her husk to look like Barbie, or one of those dolls. She can’t move, or talk.  He heard me coming and tried to stop me,but ran then."  Sean looked at her, and she shrugged.  Shedidn’t know why Soundwave would run.  "Had my walkman on, playingone of those Heavy Metal bands."
              Emma smiled and said, “Very clever Jono.  Now reach into Paige’s earand get the hearing aid like thing.  Destroy it and she’ll be fine.”
              She heard a small blast and soon Paige said, “What happened?  NowI remember, that...”
              Emma heard Sean go, “Easy Husk, right now, you and Chamber go find Mondoand Daria and help them out.  I’ll get Skin.”
              Emma was about to say what she and Everett would do when it hit her. “We haven’t heard from M.”  She saw an upset look cross both Everettand Sean’s faces.

              Soundwave had ran from the mutant with only half a face.   Damnfreak had Heavy Metal on.  Since running into the the girl at theone building, he managed to incapasitate all the others.  All exceptthe two he wanted.  Then he ran into this girl.  He had grabbedher from behind and held her firm in his grip.  The music increasedhis strength, but the girl was strong cause she still struggled. He just said, “Ok, babe.  It’s simple.  Tell me where Richardand his girl are, and I let you go.  Don’t tell me, you pay.”
              The girl had a french accent, which he liked, along with her figure. “No way.  I won’t betray my friends.”
              He allowed her to see his face as he said the next words.  “I washoping to hear that.”  He let a smile cross his lips.  He watchedas the fear crossed her face.  He then noticed that her eyes quicklyglazed over.
              He noticed when her eyes returned to normal, she yelled, “No.  I’lltell you where they are.  They’re in the war room, but my brotherhas claim on them.”  He thought back to the files and the name hesaw.
              “So you are Emplate’s sister.”  He smiled.  Maybe he should teamup with him to kill the two.
              “Sisters, you idiot.  My sister hates him.  I’d rather see himget those two than you.  He wants them alive.”  Now he was confused,but that didn’t matter.  He knew where his prey was.
              He smiled at the girl, or girls, or whatever he should call them and said,“Thank you.  Your brother can have two corpses when I have done BigBlue’s work.  I’ll just leave you with this, have fun.”  He putthe sound device in her ear.  He watched as she started struggling,and soon she stayed still.
              As he walked away, he heard her say to herself.  “Look what you havedone to us now, Claudette.”  Maybe he could blackmail the girl later,but that would have to wait. He had to make his way to the war room. He ran out the door.

              Darrett watched intensely.  He then saw the unmistakeable figure ofSoundwave.  He summoned Henry up to help him with Soundwave. He watched the figure approach.  He motioned Henry out of the shadows,and Soundwave said, “A student and a teacher.  Does this mean a fewadded seconds until humiliation.”
              Darrett just said, “No Soundwave.  I’m taking you down.  I knowyour tricks.” He put on a pair of sunglasses.”  He smiled in prideas a frown crossed the face of Soundwave.  Darrett knew that the sonichypnotism needed eye contact to be activated, and as long as he was awareof his actions, he control who he summoned.
              He watched as Soundwave just stopped and said, “Smart, but stupid. I have other methods, you know.”  Darrett felt the ground under himshake.  He remembered that Soundwave didn’t need to hypnotize a victim. He lost his train of thought and Henry disappeared.  As he recoveredfrom the shaking, he noticed that Soundwave was on him. It was too lateto take any type of fighting stance, and Soundwave knocked him off hisfeet.
              He slowly got up.  “There is no way I’m going to let you kill thosetwo.”  That was true.  While he had mixed feelings about everythingin this world, this was one thing that wasn’t going to confuse him. Soundwave and him were on opposite sides of the line.
              Soundwave looked at him and said, “You ain’t going to have much choicein the matter.”  Darrett braced as Soundwave back handed him. He went flying into the wall. He staggered up and punched Soundwave inthe jaw.  He staggered back in pain. Soundwave was on him and he waspicked up and thrown into a tree.  Ever so slowly, things startedto black out.

              Rich listened to the door as the comotion on the other side ended. He didn’t like the sound of it.  He was terrified.  He had turnedon the camera’s all over the campus, and saw what Davis did to the others. It sent chills through his spine.  He heard Yvette come up behindhim and say, {Do you think he got past Darrett?}
              He heard the door start to open and he pulled her to the locker room whereall their uniforms were.  {Yes.  He’s in.}  He couldn’tput it any other way.  He could see the fear in her eyes.  Shehad less to fear than he did.  He was the one that sent Davis to jail.He was the one who help apprehend Davis.
              In the previous room, Rich heard Davis yell, “Come out, Rich, I want totalk to you.”  Rich knew better than that.  Davis wanted to killhim, and God knows what to Yvette.  He took Yvette’s hand and pulledher throught the locker room.  He was looking for a good spot to hide. The room had been divided into seperate sections, so both the gents andthe ladies could prep, and there was a shower room for them to clean up.However, it was set up so each got privacy.  Each stall had curtainsaround it.
              As they ran through to the opposite door, the door that led to the pool,Rich heard one of the curtains rip.  He didn’t know which one, buthe said to his love, {Look out.}  She looked and it happened at once. All the curtains came down.  The first one tripped them up, and theyfell onto a waiting curtain.
              Yvette was almost frantic, and he could tell.  She started to getup, but the curtains were mummifing them.  {Oh no, not the restraintsagain.}  He could see that she started to tense up and that she wastrying to cut her way through, but it was no use.  It was happeningto him too, but he tried to wiggle out of them.
              At one point he couldn’t move and he said, {Hon, we are in deep trouble.} He noticed that she had stopped moving too, but during their struggles,they ended up facing each other.  More of Davis’ sick humor. He want them facing each other when they died.
              He then heard that voice he didn’t want to hear.  “Well, well, I seeyou got nice and cozy for me.”  Rich looked at Davis.  The maniacsmiled at him.
              Rich just said, “You are sick.  I saw what you did to my friends. They won’t let you do this.  They’ll get here and stop you.” At least that was what he hoped.  He looked over at Yvette and shewas terrified.
              Davis leaned over the two and said, “I bet this is Miss Cassidy. I don’t know what you did, but I’m surprised you found such a lovely lady.” Rich’s blood boiled as Davis put a hand on her.
              Rich heard Yvette’s reaction to the touch, as she said in fear, {He’s touchingme.  Don’t let him...you know}  He knew what she meant. He was afraid Davis would try that.
              Davis then put something in their ears as he said, “Now I bring you themusic.  I thought you two could do with a special song of passing,since that little cocoon you two are in will be crushing you to death bythe time the song is over.”
              Rich head the music start.  It was “Candle In The Wind”.  As the song was playing, he felt the prison he was in getting smaller. Eventually, both he and Yvette were touching, but it would have been differentif they weren’t getting crushed to death.  He heard Yvette say, {Inever thought it would end like this.  I mean, I thought we’d be marriedbefore we died.}
              The bonds had gotten tighter as he said, {I would have thought that wewould have children before we died.}  He gasped, struggling for hisbreath.  He heard Davis laughing in delight.  He looked Yvettein the eyes and said, {One last kiss.}
              {One last kiss.}  She gasped for breath and then they started to kiss. He waited to hear a cracking noise.  It would have been their bones. He heard a click and saw a light.  It was Davis with a camera.
              He heard Davis go, “Now this is priceless, two lovers getting squashedto death.”  Rich noticed that Davis was holding the photo, and ithappen.  A blast incinerated the photo.  He saw Davis spin aroundonly to go flying over them and through the door with a firey blast. He felt someone reach at his ear, and he could move and breathe again.
              He stopped kissing Yvette and looked up.  It was Sean.  “WellSkitz, that was close for ye and Penance, wasn’t it?”
              “Thought we wouldn’t live through it, Banshee.  Now let’s take outthe trash.” He tensed up for battle.  They ran into the pool roomand saw that Chamber and Soundwave were basically fighting it out. Rich knew that Chamber needed help.
              He turned to Yvette and said, {Penance, love, go wide right.  I’llgo wide left. We follow the shadows and strike from behind.}
              He watched as she held up a claw and said, {Gladly.  I didn’t likethe constriction trick he did.}  With that the two headed out. He just hoped Banshee would do his thing at the right time.

              Jonothan Starsmore was angry.  He didn’t like what Soundwave did toPaige, and he didn’t want to know what the blighter was going to do toher.  He took another blast and Soundwave and said, "I’m goingto make you pay for what you did to Husk."
              Soundwave just smiled and said, “You liked her better that way.  Ithought you would.”  He went to blast the blighter again and Soundwavepunched him down.  As he started to stand, he noticed two shadowsmoving behind Soundwave.  That distaction allowed for Soundwave tokick him again, knock the walkman off of him, and the headset off his head. Davis looked at him and said, “Now, to incapacitate you, and your teacher.”
              Jono looked back and yelled "BANSHEE, NOW!".  He wasn’t goingto be manipulated by this prat.
              Soundwave looked up in shock and said, “No.  It can’t be.  Banshee’sare female.”  Sean started yelling at that point.  The sonicscream was not pleasent, but to Soundwave it was devistating.  Jonowatched as the boy screamed in agony.  “Stop it, stop the noise.” Jono watched as the two shadow’s lunged at the device on Soundwave’s back. “No, my sound machine.”
              Jono just yelled, "Good work, Skitz and Penance."  The twocircled around and started to slowly advance.  Jono faced the fugitiveand said, "It ends here."
              Jono was shocked when Soundwave did a foot sweep.  The boy knockedhim over in a way that sent the walkman over to his feet.  “Not bya long shot.”  The boy tossed the ruined machine at Rich.  Jonoturned to see Rich fly into the pool.  Sean stopped his scream andran to dive in.  It was all Soundwave needed and Jono realized it.Yvette had run to the pool to, but the boy said, “I’ll be back.  Ialways Hang Tough.”  The boy had a tape on him, and put it in thewalkman.  In an instant, the boy disappeared.
              Jono turned to face Sean and Yvette as they pulled Rich out of the pool."Sorry,he got away."
              Rich was gasping as he said, “It’s ok.  He has to rethink everything. He’s determined, but right now, he need to rebuild.  That unit wasone of a kind.”  Jono helped get Rich out of the building.
              Sean then said, “Right now, we have a couple of students that need to recoverfrom this ordeal.  If Soundwave makes another appearance here, weneed to be ready. Jono, get Darrett and get him to the infirmery.
             "Agreed.  I hope Daria and Mondo mangage to get Monet free."
              He noticed the look of worry on Yvette’s eyes as she said, “What happened?”
             "Soundwave had her thinking she was restrained like you, except nonmobile." He saw Yvette chuckle.  He wondered if she found it funnythat that happened to Monet. He didn’t dwell on it.  They had survived,and there was fear from everyone that they wouldn’t.
*************************************************

              He watched the scene from his lair.  Davis had failed him again, butthe boy would keep trying.  When he had first learned of Richard CaleJr., he wanted the boy dead then.  The boy was too dangerous to him. The time was nearing.  He knew a confrontation would lead to the boytaking the charge of the family title, and then he thought about it. He smiled wickedly at the thought.  “Ozymantius, come here.”
              He watched as the stone covered man entered the room.  “You summonedme, sire.”
              He looked down at his first minion.  “Contact the Orphan Maker, Iwant him to make an orphan out of Richard Cale Jr.”
              The minion looked at him puzzled, “Don’t you want him dead, sire.”
              “With his family’s title and the time approaching, he is dead, and I’msure his love will be put to a good home with Emplate.”  He watchedas the man left the room.  He turned back to the screen and said,“Enjoy what’s left of your life, young one, for En Sabah Nur will end itfor you soon.”
 

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment