Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - Visions of the Past, Tales of the Future III

Sequel to Catch A Sound Wave. After the events of Soundwave's attack, one of the student gets a chance to win big, however something happens to lure a visit from an unstoppable foe.

Chapter 4 - Visions of the Past, Tales of the Future III

Chapter 4 - Visions of the Past, Tales of the Future III
Attention:  Generation X and their villains,as well as any other mutant mentioned in this story, is property of MarvelComics.  The character Richard Cale is named after family relations. Any other reference to anything copyrighted is a chance happening.
====================================================
If I Had a...Delirium
Visions of the Past, Tales of the Future...part III
               Darrett just sat in his room.  He knew he would probably stay behindto fight, not do the recon.  He looked over the catalog he had made. Most of his time that he was alone, he spent writing down names of villiansin literature.  He had found many name, hoping he could control allof them.  Now he was faced with a problem.  This Juggernaut wasmean and powerful, which meant he might need power to help the team. However, the only things he could bring forth that could seriously detainthis foe was way out of his control.  He looked to the pages containgrunt like creatures, henchmen with little intelegence.  He frownat what he saw.  The only one that he felt would handle the job, mightturn on him.  After that man he summoned once, Emma forbid him tosummon something he couldn’t control.  His thoughts were interuptedwhen he heard someone knock on his door.  He closed his book and said,“Come in.”  He looked up to see Sean and Angelo enter the room. He looked at Sean and said, “I take it you want me to help fight.”
              He watched as Sean nodded and said, “Aye.  But can ye congure somethingthat we know will help?”  It was the same question he was pondering.
              He then heard Angelo add, “Nothing from Quake.”  It sounded odd, butthen he thought of the pages he was looking at.  It fit together forsome reason.
              Darrett stood up and said, “I think I might be able to do something, butit might not help much.  I could summon a few minor grunt like characters. Hopefully, they can keep this Juggernaut character detained.”  Hehad a few in mind.
              Sean looked at him and said, “Anything that can keep him detained for abit. We want to minimize the risk to Rich by possible moving him beforeJuggernaut gets in the door.”
              Darrett shruged.  “Not unless you want it attacking us.  I wishI could give you more.”
              Sean looked at him and said, “That’s alright.  I want ye to get tothe grotto and train abit.  This is one of the toughest advisariesthat Gen X has ever gone up against, so I want ye prepared.  The restart going to do recon.”  He nodded, and understood his role. He leftwith Sean and Angelo.  He was still perplexed by the comment Angelomade, but that would have to wait.

              Emma sat in the chair opposite Yvette.  They had been waiting fora while for the next memory in Rich’s mind.  She still held the cardsthat she had confiscated from Angelo.  She eyed them with what shecould only call an unnerving wonder.  Did such beings exist, or werethey the creation of an author who was called the master of horror by StephenKing.  What worried her more was that that almost all the storieshe wrote were about the are of New England, near where the school was. She was thankful when Yvette finally said, “Emma, I’m scared.  Juggernaut,and now all this.  I wish I could understand it all.”
              Emma looked at Yvette and said, “I wish I could say I could, but I fearthe only one who can is shutting it all out because he doesn’t want toaccept it.  It’s very scary to think that this is the truth.”
              Yvette gave her a questionable look as she said, “What do you mean?”
              Emma sighed and said, “In my younger day, I read a few books.  Oneof them was writen by this man.”  She handed Yvette one of the cards. “He wrote very gripping and terrifing novels of horror.  His workhas spawned many things, however I fear that he wasn’t writing fiction. I fear he was........”  She never got to finish the sentence. The devices went off again.  She looked at Yvette and said, “Get ready.”
              Yvette just nodded and soon they were in Rich’s mind.  She lookedaround the room and noticed something she was hoping that only they mightglimpse.  It was the room of two twin girls, both infants.  Shefaced the door and saw Rich being pushed into the room by a woman of Africandecent.  Almost instantly, she knew what she was going to experience. She just watched as the woman said, “Richard, what ever you do, do notopen the door for anyone except me or my husband.  Do you understand?” She watched as he nodded.  He was a bit shook up.
              Yvette just stared in disbelief as she went, “Oh no.  What’s happening?” They both watched as Rich listen through an almost closed door.  Shethen heard the screams of anguish.  It was a death wail.  Shenoticed the fear in Rich’s movements as he slammed the door.
              Emma held Yvette and said, “This is what happened to Monet’s mother. Rich was the only witness to it.  He just never knew it.”  Theywatched as Rich barricaded the door with a dresser.  He was movingwith the energy of a scared man.  They watched as he ran with bothgirls in his arms.
              As they followed him into a closet, Emma heard Rich say, “Don’t worry,little ones.  I’ll keep both of you safe.”  She heard the onebaby start to cry.  She saw Rich hold the baby and coo into it’s ear. “Hush little Monet.  You’ll be ok.  It will all be ok. I’ll keep you and Claudette safe until someone saves us.”
              As the scene continued to play, she heard a man shouting.  Emma recognizedthe voice.  It was Cartier St. Croix, and he was yelling at someone. “Cartier arrived almost last minute.  He was too late to save hiswife.”
              Yvette looked at her and said, “But he saved Rich.  I wish I knowhow the two families knew.”  She still watched as Rich held the twotwins in his arms.
              Emma was about to give the only answer she had when a third voice justsaid, “Well, if you wanted to know that, why didn’t you ask earlier.” They both turned to look at a ghostly figure looking at the two of them.
              Yvette didn’t recognize the figure, but Emma did.  She had seen thefigure before, in the first memory she saw in Rich’s mind.  She lookedat the figure and said, “You’re Rich’s grandfather, at least his spirit.”
              Yvette looked at Emma and said, “Is he a ghost?”
              The man just laughed and said, “In a way, child.  I would like tothank you both for helping my grandson.  He’s on the road to recovery. Now, you wanted to know about how the two families knew each other?”
              Emma just looked at the figure and said, “You mean you aren’t part of Rich’smind.”
              “Nope, I’m the real deal.  Now do you want to know some answers. It might help you understand everything better.  It will take Richa few hours to recover.  The poor boy’s been really running the gauntlethere.”  She looked at Yvette who was utterly facinated by the gentleman. The man looked at her and smiled.  Emma didn’t know what to think,until the man said, “Well, I don’t believe it.  I remember you.”
              That was it.  Emma just said, “Alright.  You have got our attentionnow.  Care to fill us in.”  The figure just smiled, and onceagain, they were on the astral plane, but sitting at a table.
*************************************************

              Paige stood with Jono on the one side of the street.  She was scaredand nervous.  Emplate would be one thing, but this was someone theyhad no idea of what could happen.  She then heard Jono say, "Ithink this is going to be a rough problem."
              Paige looked at him with concern in her eyes.  “How bad of a problem?”
              She watched as Jono looked around and said, "We can’t detain him intown, not if he’s coming through.  I just hope we can detain him abit at the target area."
              Paige knew what he meant.  Before they came out here, Sean and Angelohad deviced a cunning plan.  They would be the look outs, while Dariaand Mondo set up the first section of detaining Juggernaut.  Thenit would be Jubilee’s teams turn.  “Think this will work?  Ahmean with what we are up against.”
              She felt Jono put his arms around her as he look into her eyes and said,"Ihope it does, cause when we left, both Yvette and Emma were out of it,and apparently are still out of it."
              She thought back to that, but was distracted when she heard the shouting. She knew what it meant.  She turned in the direction to see a largeform heading straight toward them.  She and Jono just looked at eachother, and ran in the direction of the target area.  It was a stretchof road leading to the school.  As they ran, Paige hit her communicatorand said, “Banshee.  He’s on his way.  He’s heading for the firstdefense.”
              Over the same com line, she head Banshee reply.  “Alright Husk. Skin will get ye and Chamber out of the way.  Ye all know what todo incase he tries to change course once he’s in the trap.”  She lookedat Jono and he nodded.
              She reported over the com unit, “Chamber’s ready.”  At that point,they passed under a tree and she felt Skin grab hold of her and Chamber. As he lifted the two up, she saw Juggernaut striding down the road.
              As Chamber prepared, she watched as Juggernaut continued past them. She had finally seen this advisary for the first time.  Just by hissize, she figured that her husking ability would be of little help. She watched as he continued straight down the road, toward the school. Soon, the air was shattered by a sonic scream.  She watched as Juggernautjust looked up and laughed.  “You think that puny sound is gonna stopme.”
              She watched as Banshee just hovered there and said, “Ye ain’t gonna hurtthe lad, Cain.  We won’t let ye.”
              “I don’t plan on hurting him.  I plan on killing him.  Besides,who’s we.  You and Xavier’s puny X-Men.”  She noticed that Juggernautwas starting to reach for a tree. She realized that he was going to useit as a bat.
              Almost on cue, Chamber let out a blast of energy.  She saw Juggernautlook in their direction.  She look him square in the eye an said,“We’re Generation X.”  As Juggernaut looked at them, she saw Dariacome up behind him, with sledge hammers for hands.
              As the scene continued, Paige watched as Daria hit him with both hammers.Juggernaut just looked at her and said, “That tickled.  Let me showyou how to hit someone.”  He punched her so hard that she went flying. As Juggernaut laughed, she watched the ground shake.  Soon, Mondosurged up from the ground, sending Juggernaut falling down.  She watchedas he caught Daria.
              Paige realized what was happen when Juggernaut fell.  He had grabbeda hold of a tree and spun around, hitting Banshee, Daria and Mondo, andfinally connecting with the tree that she, Chamber and Skin were in. She lost her balance and almost fell out, were Skin was holding onto boththe tree and Chamber.  As they clung there, she watched as Juggernautcontinued to the school.  While she could still reach, she hit hercom badge and said, “Jubilee.  He’s heading your way.  I hopeyou have a plan.”

              After Jubilee heard that Juggernaut was coming, she quickly thought itout.  She had sent Monet to the Med-Lab, as the last line of defense. She had led both Synch and Darrett to the main room.  She and Synchhad taken spots on the upper level looking down at the door, while Darrettwas standing on the lower level.  Hiding in the shadows was the surprisethey all had prepared for Juggernaut.  She looked across the roomand said, “Ready Synch.”  He looked at her and nodded.  She thenlooked down at Darrett and said, “Think they can handle this.”
              The boy looked at her and said, “I hope so.  They’re mindless drones. They won’t rebel.”  That helped her confidence.  She was nervoushow well that part of the plan would work.
              She found out how soon she would find out as the door came crashing down,and the huge meanace just said, “Knock knock.  I’m here.”
              She and Synch were almost letting lose paffing him.  She just yelled,“You’re not going any farther, Juggie.”
              She watched as he went to shield his eyes and shouted, “You again. Is Logan here protecting you again, or did you leave that loser.” She felt her fury building, but she held it in check.  If she losther temper, she’d be of no use.
              She then saw the shadows move, and the huge armored creature started towardsJuggernaut.  She then heard Darrett shout, “This is the end of yourmad quest, Juggernaut.”
              Jubilee was startled when as one of the creature that had gotten closeto Juggernaut was pummeled into pieces with one punch.  He just yelled,“I don’t need my eyes to take these out.”  She watched as he grabbeda claw from one of them and threw it at Darrett.  It openned up andpinned him to a wall.  She saw the disbelief on his face.
              She quickly yelled to Synch, “Fall back,” but it was too late as Juggernautpounded the other two creatures and threw the claws in the same way. Soon, they were all pinned to the walls.
              As she struggle to move her arms, Juggernaut just continue on, saying,“Was fun playing with you all, but I have a score to settle”  He startedlaughing and continued on.
              She then remembered that Darrett had summoned the creatures.  “Darrett,why don’t you unsummon theses things, so we can stop him.”
              She was distressed to hear him say.  “I’ve been trying.  It’sas if once they are no more, they can’t be unsummoned.  Would makesense then.”  She realized what that meant.  They had to waituntil someone got them down.  That also meant that all that stoodbetween Juggernaut and Skitz was M.
*************************************************

              Yvette sat at the table as the image of Rich’s grandfather said, “So youwant to know about the families.  I’ll tell you a little bit.”  She was overwelmed by some of it, but she felt she needed to know.
              Emma then said, “Yes, how did both the Cale’s and the St. Croix’s knoweach other?”  This was one of the key questions in her mind as well. She wondered how Rich’s parents and Monet’s parents knew each other.
              The figure just said, “Well, it goes back a long way.  You see, theCale’s and the St. Croix’s are part of a few families that try and preservethe good of the world.  Out of all the families, there are three familieswhich are considered the high figures.  The Cale’s and the St. Croix’sare two of them.  For the past centuries, the families have been tryingto protect the world from those who would destroy it, be they natural orsupernatural, human or mutant, terrestial or extraterrestrial.  Ourfamily has been knights of honor, Paladins.”
              Yvette look at him and said, “You mean that Rich will be this Paladin thing.”This somewhat blew her away.
              The figure nodded and then said, “Someday, but I hope not before the timearrives.  You see, the patriarch of the Cale’s, or the Paladin, atthe end of one hundred years, had to always fight a figure know as Apocalypse. Apocalypse always left weakened, where the Paladin always died soon afterward. I fear if Rich went into the battle, he would not be able to survive, andthe family line would cease to be.”
              Yvette was petrified when she heard that.  She then asked a questionthat was on both her’s and Emma’s mind.  “How did you know about Emplate?” The figure looked at her and she then said, “Monet St. Croix’s brother.”
              The figure then frowned and said, “I always feared that the two would findout about each other.  I don’t think they have yet.  You see,when Rich was just a baby, we visited the St. Croix’s.  We all didnot know how Marius would turn out.  It wasn’t until Grimore reactedthat we knew that the child was evil.”
              Emma then said, “So, that’s why the two were kept apart, to keep Rich safe.”Yvette now understood alot about what had happened.  The cat was special.
              She then remembered what he said before they were at the table.  Itpuzzled her and she needed to know.  “Sir, you said that you rememberedme.  How?”
              The ghostly figure looked at her and said, “When you were very young, maybe2, I was in Yugoslavia with my family on business.  Rich and you bothmet there.  I also never saw Grimore so content.  I kept in touchwith your family, until the day I died.  I was upset when they joineda few years afterword.  They said that their daughter was taken bya monster.”
              She heard Emma say, “The same monster that took her, is the same one youtried to protect Rich from.”
              Yvette watched as the figure was saddened by this.  “This is truelyupsetting. How could all we tried to keep the children seperate manageto pull then back together.”
              Yvette just said, “Because it happened that way.  If it wasn’t forRich, I would still be afraid, still have no control over my ability. Without Rich, I would not feel safe. I’d be alone.”
              The figure looked at her in almost surprise.  He just said, “That’swhy Grimore was so content around you.  He....”  The figure stoppedand then said, “You must go. Rich is in trouble, and you need to stop who’sattacking.”
              Emma looked at her, and she knew what she was going to say.  “He’shere.” Almost instantaniously, they were back in the Med-Lab.  Yvettelooked out the window in horror as she saw Monet fighting the massive manin armor.  She was scared.  She then heard Emma say, “Penance. Skitz’s vitals are stablizing.  If we hold Juggernaut back long enough,Skitz will be able to fight.”  She tensed up to be ready, and at thatmoment, M came crashing through the window.

              Cain Marko had finally reached his goal.  This Generation X groupwas more pitiful that Xavier’s X-Men, but he had to settle the score. He had just sent the African girl into the med lab and then entered wherehe saw his quarry laying on a bed.  Then he was Emma Frost, with oneother girl, who obviously was primed to fight.  “Is this another patheticattempt to stop me?  You should know by now you can’t stop me.” The African girl came back at him with another punch, right at his helmet. He now understood why they were focusing on his helmet.  “I ain’tletting you pull any of your mind tricks on me.” He grabbed the girl andthrew her right at Emma Frost.  He then saw the other girl come chargeat him, with a sharp claw.  He was startled when it glowed. He wasn’t expecting that to happen.  He was still confident that theclaw wouldn’t do anything.  Then he felt it. He looked at he sideof his arm and saw the cuts.  The armor was sliced clean through.“You dog.  I get you for cutting my arm.”
              She turned to face him and said, “That ain’t all that’s cut.”  Hethen felt then. His helmet felt lighter.  He then heard a clang asit hit the floor.  He was furious.  He glanced quick at Emmaand the other girl.  Both were out.  He then heard a voice shout.  He looked at the girl.  She wastrying to stop him.
              He looked at her and said, “You may have the power to cut the armor, butyou can’t stop me, not even with mind tricks.”  He smiled when a crestfallen look crossed her face.  She backed up near the bed.  Hestarted to approach.  “First, I squash him for Black Tom, then I’llbreak you.”
              He then saw something that startled him more than the glowing claw. He saw the boy’s eyes open up, and glowing.  He couldn’t move. He glanced at Emma and the other girl.  Still both out, which meantthat the boy was doing it.  He then heard the boy say
              Then Cain Marko felt a sharp stabbing pain rip through his mind. When it passed, he couldn’t remember where he was.  He looked aroundthe room, stunned.  All he could say was, “Where am I?”

              Richard Cale laid on the bed in the Med-Lab.  All he remembered wasfalling ill on Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?  Now he had mentallystopped a madman in armor. He had no idea why that guy was there, but theperson was threatenining his love.  He felt Yvette hug him. He looked to face her and said, “Hello love.  What happened whileI was ill?”
              She didn’t get to answer him, when he heard Emma say, “Rich, you’re awake,but where’s Juggernaut.”  He was confused by this statement.
              He then heard Yvette say.  “Rich stopped him.  He came throughjust at the nick of time.”
              Now he was totally confused.  “Can someone please tell me what happened?”
              Yvette took his hand and gave it a slight squeeze.  “You fell illwith the Cale Delerium, and mention about Black Tom.  Juggernaut,who you took care of, came for revenge.”  Rich felt himself go pale.
              He then realized what that meant.  “What about the others? Are theyok?”
              Emma just looked at all who was in the room, and said, “We better checkon them.”
              Yvette just looked at them and said, “I’ll stay here.  I want to talkto Rich for a bit.”  He watched as Emma nodded and left the room withMonet.  When the two were gone, he heard Yvette say {I had to tellEmma and Sean about your journal.}
              He looked at her, a little bit scared.  That journal was a listingof eerie truths, at least he believed they were truths.  {What didthey say about it?}
              She frown and said, {A bit discomforting, since some of the towns you mentionedaren’t far from here.}  He sighed.  He hoped that the journalwould never be seen.  He didn’t mind Yvette seeing it, but knowingSean and Emma knew about it was discomforting.  Yvette then said tohim {My love, Emma and Sean swore not to tell anyone.  Hopefully youfind all to be false.}
              He looked at her and held her close.  He just said, {Hopefully, thatwill be true. I’m scared if the diary proves to be true.  I have writenmany things in that diary, and I always convinced myself that they wereall my overactive imagination.  I pray that it is.}
 

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment