Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Liberation

Sequel to If I Had A Delerium. A mysterious new foe appears with one task, to kill all of Emplate's servents. Now Generation X must try to save one of their own before this foe succeeds.

Chapter 3 - Liberation

Chapter 3 - Liberation
Attention:  Generation X and their villains, as wellas any other mutant mentioned in this story, is property of Marvel Comics. The character Richard Cale is named after family relations.  Any otherreference to anything copyrighted is a chance happening.
====================================================
Hunted
Liberation
***************************************************
               Yvette sat in the room that was in the inner parts of the underground centerof the school.  She had many thoughts running through her mind aboutwhat was about to happen.  She wondered how her friends would be ableto stop Hunter.  They did not know about his determination. They didn’t know what lengths that he would go to to do what he had todo.  She wondered how he would treat her adopted father.  Shedidn’t want to think of what horrible things he would do.  She thenthought of the one she loved, her boyfriend, Richard Cale.  She knewso much about him, yet she knew that he didn’t know that much about himself. She worried about what Hunter would do to him.  Her mind was lingeringon this though when she heard in her mind, {Yvette, you know that I putyour safety above my own.  I will not let that maniac hurt you, letalone kill you.}
              This filled her with some comfort, but she still felt scared.  {Rich,I worry about you alot.  You know that I care for you, and I don’twant to see you hurt.}  She saw him look in her eyes and she saw itright there.  How deep his love was for her.  She smiled andsaid, {I know. You mean the same to me.}
              He nodded and said, {Together.}  He had extended his hand to her.
              She nodded and responded, {Together, forever and always.}  It broughther great comfort to know that Rich would protect her.  She had neverthought that they would have to face such a menace.
              She then heard her father say, “Listen you, two.  Right now I’d ratherhere that you two are talking aloud instead of the mental talk that yeare both using.”
              She nodded and said, “Alright, father.”
              She watched as Rich nodded as well and said, “Yes sir, Banshee.” She knew that Rich took this very serious now.  He was using codenames. She knew that when Rich took something very serious like this, he wouldstart using codenames.  She just sat and watched as he walked overto talk to her adopted father.

              Sean watched as Rich stepped away from Yvette for a moment.  He couldtell that Rich was worried about something.  When the boy was closeenough, he said softly, “What’s wrong, lad?”
              He noticed that Rich’s demenior was different.  He realized it whenhe use his codename.  He listened as Rich quietly said, “I have anuneasy feeling about today.”
              Sean didn’t like the sound of that.  It was bad enough having Yvettescared, but if she knew this, it would send her into a state similar tobefore Rich arrived at the school.  Time and time again, Sean hadthanked the heavens that Rich was sent to the school.  He softly saidto his student, “What is it, lad?”
              He listened as Rich said, “I think something is not right with M. She been acting odd for most of the day, since the message was droppedoff.  I mean, her actions and behavior is not typical for her.”
              Sean noticed the worry in the lad’s eyes.  He cautiously said, “Areyou sure about that, lad?  I don’t want any snap judgements beingmade.”
              The lad shook his head but said, “Not totally, but just look at her actionstoday.  She really hasn’t been acting the same since the message.”
              Sean eyed him suspiciously and said, “Rich, ye know that Monet holds thatbody with her sister, and she said her sister decided to plan her wardrobe. Do ye think that we are dealing with Claudette?”  Sean watched asRich nodded his head.  Sean knew he had to comfort the lad, becauseif this got out of hand now, it might just make things go wrong. “Rich, ye can’t jump to the wrong conclusions.  Right now, we justhave to hope that Monet is in control, and if not, that Claudette is onour side.  I honestly think that neither Monet, or Claudette, wouldbe helping Emplate.”
              Sean could see the worry on the lad’s face as he said, “I hope not, sir. I really hope not.”  This was an obvious concern for Rich.  Seanknew the lad cared more for Yvette than he cared about his own life.
              Sean wanted to walk over and talk to his adopted daughter, but the alarmswent off. He noticed Yvette tensed up at the sound, as well as Rich. He turned to see that the perimeter had been breached.  Hunter washere.  He hit the communicator and said, “Emma, are ye ready?”
              There was a crackle over the communicator as she said, “Darrett, Mondoand I are just finishing up.  Tell the other kids to get to theirstations.  I can only pull this once.”
              He broadcasted over all the communicators the message.  “Alright kids,we got little time to take care of our visitor, so be on the ready. Emma will let us all know about his ability. Just be careful, and I’m makingthis double for you, Synch.”  He turned off the communicator, andturned to see Richard facing the door, claws at the ready.  Sean thensaid, “That goes quadruple for you, Skitz.  Remember, ye could alsobe on this hunter’s list, especially if he doesn’t understand your power.” The boy silently nodded, but Sean figured that right then, Rich was assuringYvette that he would keep her safe, no matter what.

              Emma ran into the confines of a dark room after Darrett and Mondo left. What they had pieced together was almost human looking.  She waitedfor Hunter to arrive.  She hoped that it would be easy to mask theimage of Penance onto the object constructed.  She also hoped thatHunter would not enter through the room she was hiding in.  She wastaking the biggest risk right now, and she only got one shot to get itright.  As she waited, she hoped that she could hear him move beforeshe saw him move.  Soon enough, there was a sound, and she sent theimage out. Soon enough, she heard a male voice say, “It has been a longtime, Yvette Gyorgi, and we are face to face again.  I hope you havesome fitting last words.”  She glanced in the room to see the manjust facing the dummy.  He hadn’t realized it yet.  Soon enough,she saw his powers go into full force, as restraints similar to what Penancehad warn shot out all over, and converged on the dummy.  He couldcreate restraints, but more happened.  They seemed to be positioningthe dummy, and then it happen.  One knocked the head off, and theillusion was blown.  The mutant yelled in outrage and looked in hergeneral direction.  She reacted in fear and moved toward the secretpanel in the room.  Then she had known she was spotted as she heardhim yell, “YOU.”
              As she approached the panel she started to say psyonicly to everyone, [Becareful, he can create restraints or traps of somekind.  He’s also....] She felt a searing pain in her mind as she collapsed to the floor, facefirst.  Soon she felt what seemed to be restraints start to entangleher, the only thing was, she couldn’t see them.
              She went to struggle for freedom when she heard Hunter say, “You aren’ther, but you’re fortunate.  You don’t reek with the curse.  Iwouldn’t try to struggle.  As you can guess, my abilities are to restrainand subdue my advisaries.  If you were one like me, I’d kill you inan instant, but I warn you not to move, or even use your psychic abilities. You are restrained in psionic bonds, which dampen your abilities, and alsobind you in such a way that every move you make tightens them and crushesyou.  You see, the less you do, the longer you live.  You’llbe free if one of two things occur.  By the way, you can speak, justdon’t yell.”  She noticed a smile on his face.
              Emma was scared.  She didn’t like the idea of being powerless, butthe odds were in his favor, for now.  She asked him the question hewas waiting for.  “What two things are those that can occur?”
              He looked at her and smiled.  “Either I kill Yvette, or I get killedor knocked unconscious.  I think you better hope I kill her quickly.” He started to leave the room.  She watched as he turned to look ather.  He then said, “You have been lucky, not to have been cursed. She could have easily cursed you.  I just hope that this Cale personis as fortunate as you.”
              As he left, she mumbled under her breath, “With your attitude, I’d betyou are likely to fail.”  She sighed and started wondering how shecould get out of this mess without getting killed in the process.

              Rich heard Emma get cut off in his mind.  The lessons both he andYvette were getting in using their psychic link was helpful, but now hewished he didn’t have that ability.  He took a glance at his love,and saw her shaking in fear.  He then turned to Sean and said, “Ididn’t like the sound of that.”
              He watched as his teacher looked at him and said, “Let me check and seeif I can find her or the blighter.”  Rich watched the screen cometo life as images from all over the school ground danced over it. Soon, Sean stopped it on one image and Rich saw why.  “Look’s likeour visitor is making his way to one of the entrances to where we are at. I hope the others stop him.”
              Rich looked over at Yvette.  She had tensed up a bit, and was curledin a ball.  She was petrified.  He walked over to her side andtensed up.  It was almost the safest way to hold her. He put an armaround her and said, {It will be alright.  We’ll stop him.}
              She looked at him and said, {Are you sure?  He’s already caught Emma. She might be dead.}
              He didn’t want to say that she was right, but Sean calmed her fears downabit when he said, “I just found Emma.  She doesn’t appear to be ableto move.  It’s almost like she’s been restrained.”
              Rich looked over at Sean and said, “I-i-is t-t-that t-t-the c-c-case?” He was surprise at how his words came out.  He was scared as well,and he noticed how tense he had become to comfort Yvette.  He didn’tuntense once as he said his next statement with difficulty.  “I-i-isi-i-it p-p-possible t-t-that H-h-hunter’s a-a-abilities ar-r-re t-t-tore-e-estrain m-m-mutants, B-B-Banshee?”
              He saw the concern on Sean’s face as he turned and said into the com unit,“Listen up everyone, we have an idea on what Hunter does.  He seemsto have the ability to disarm and capture a person.  He can generaterestraints to do this, so be careful.”  He watched as Sean came overto them and said, “Do ye think the both of ye will be alright?  Ithink the others are going to need my help out there.”
              He was about to say yes when Yvette held him tighter and said {Don’t lethim leave. I’m scared.}  He had never seen nor heard Yvette so scared. He held her in response and tried to sooth her nerves.
              Eventually, he said to her.  {He might do more good out there thanin here.  Besides, I will not let any harm come to you.}  Henoticed that she looked him right in the eyes.  He watched as a smilecrossed her face.  He took that as a sign that she agreed, albeita bit reluctantly.  He turned to Sean and said, “I think that wouldbe a good idea.  I can protect her.” He also noticed that her faithin him helped to calm him down.
              He watched as Sean headed for the door and then turned.  “I’ll sendM down to help. Last thing I want to happen is to find both you and Penancedead.  You understand me on that, Skitz.”  He nodded, and histeacher left the room.
              As Sean left, he felt Yvette put her arms around him.  {I hope everythinggoes alright. I’m terribly frightened.}  Her turned and held her. He understood her fears.  Now he was going to have to find a way tohelp her.  He understood the perdicament, being that he was in thesame one month earlier.
              As he held her, he said, “I’m going to protect you, my love. No matterwhat.”  He had to do the hardest thing at this point, for him to do. He had thought this through as he made his choice.  In the time sheneeded him there the most, he had to prepare for the attack the best waypossible.

              Everett stayed close to Jubilee as they headed down the corridor. Knowing what they knew now, he knew that they had to be extra cautious. He knew that Paige and Jono were with them.  Sean had suggest thateveryone work in groups.  As they continued down the corridor, heheard Jubilee say, “I don’t know if this is the worse we have faced yet.”
              He heard Paige say, “Ah hear you on that.  We have faced threats likeEmplate, Omega Red, and some of the enimies Rich has made.”
              He then heard Jono say, "Like Soundwave and Aura.  Those two hadto be the worse."
              He couldn’t help but to interject as he said, “What about Juggernaut? You don’t think he’s the thoughest, Chamber?”
              He noticed his friend think about it for a moment and say, "Maybe, butconsidering what Soundwave did to some of us, we haven’t dealt with anythingthat powerful."
              Everett then heard Jubilee say, “Speak for yourself.”  Everett lookedat her and realized what she meant.  She had fought many battles withthe X-Men, and with Wolverine.  He knew what she had dealt with, andsaw the fear as she thought of all those enemies who came to take vengenceon her.
              He was lost on that thought when Paige said, “I think I heard somethingin here.”  He watched as Paige entered the room.  They slowlymoved and searched the room, not knowing where Hunter was.  As theyworked their way around, Everett kept his aura out to find Hunter, buthe couldn’t.  He then had a very grim thought.  What if thiswas a trap to catch all of them, to get them out of the way of his maingoal.  He was about to say that they should get out when Paige yelled,“Oh my God, My hand’s are stuck.”
              He saw Jubilee run over to her and then said to him, “She’s right, Synch. Husk’s hands are stuck right on the desk.  We’re in a trap.” He watched as looked and yelled, “Synch, the door.”
              Everett turned just in time to see the door close.  He caught theglimpse of a figure there.  It had to be Hunter.  He shouted,“Chamber, can you blast the door?”  He turned to see Jono kneelingon the floor, weakened.  Another part of the trap.  Everett triedto get in synch with Jono, but he couldn’t.  He couldn’t synch upwith any of them.
              He watched as Jubilee jumped over the desk and shouted, “I’ll get the dooropen.” Everett realized what she was going to try.  Then realizedwhat might happen as he grabbed her hands.  “Ev, what are you doing?”
              He just looked at her and said, “What do you think will happen?  Wegot suckered into this trap.  Look at Jono and Paige.  I can’tuse my ability.  What do you think will happen when you go to useyours.”
              Soon a voice seemed to be resounding in the room.  “Miss Lee, if youwent to blast that door, you’d boil yourself alive.”  He saw the startledlook on her face as she went pale in fright. The voice continued, “AndMr. Starsmore is in no threat, as long as he doesn’t try to speak or anythingelse.  Also, I wouldn’t want you to try and free Miss Guthrie. You try and husk her free, you will only end up severing her arms. Plus, I negated your abilities, Mr. Thomas, so that you could not detectthat this was a trap until it was too late.  Now just stay quiet. You’ll be free when I have done my task.”
              Everett held Jubilee and said, “I hope he doesn’t succeed.”  Jubileelooked at him, with a little defeat in her eyes.  He knew how shewas feeling, totally helpless.  They had to hope that someone wouldhelp them, and soon.

              Angelo watched the hall warrily.  It was like he was back in the hood,knowing that around the corner could be someone from the rival gang. With him were Daria, Mondo, and Darrett.  They were all concernedabout the same thing, where Hunter was.  As they continued down thehall, he heard Darrett say, “I wonder if Hunter was wiped out before thewars started.”
              Angelo turned to face the boy from the future.  It was known thatDarrett lived in an era that was plaqued by a war between Emplate’s, andin that future, Skitz and Penance were the worse.  He calmly said,“What makes you say that?”
              Darrett just looked at him and said, “This is the first I’ve heard of him. Maybe he was wiped out by some of the Emplate’s that, well, you know.” Angelo knew that the kid was starting to get uneasy about talking abouthis timeline.  Angelo knew why he didn’t want to mention anythingabout.
              Angelo just said, “I understand.  I don’t like talking about my pasteither.  But I think I can understand your fear abit.  I sawSkitz lose his temper once.  It wasn’t pretty.”
              Darrett looked at him and just said, “What happened?”  The boy wasintregued.
              Angelo really didn’t want to tell Darrett what happened, but he did bringthe topic up. He just said, “Banshee’s evil cousin had shown up. Mondo, Chamber, Skitz, Penance and I as well as Banshee, were the onlyone’s on campus.  Skitz had come across Banshee’s cousin by chance,and found a fake Mondo had taken the place of the real one.”  He heardDaria gasp.  She hadn’t heard the story.  Angelo then said, “Whenwe all faced off against Black Tom, he struck Penance, and Skitz went ballistic. He was afraid that Black Tom had seriously injured her.”
              He heard Darrett make a disapproving sound as he said, “I knew that hehad a vile streak in him.”
              Angelo then said to the boy, “You know those walks he takes everyday.” When the boy nodded, Angelo said, “He’s walking to the site.  He putpart of Tom’s face there, sort of a final resting place.  He keepsdoing it, hoping it will ease the guilt he feels.  It wasn’t likehe could send someone back to stop him from doing the killing.”
              He noticed as Darrett just looked off into the distance.  “That’swhy I was sent back.  In my time, I was cornered by Skitz and Penance,but they sent me back in time, to stop the horror.”
              Angelo looked at Darrett and said, “Sounds like something Rich would do.”
              He was about to say another word when he heard a scream behind him. He spun to see Daria stuck to the ceiling.  As he looked up, she justshouted, “Someone, get me down.  This is just like when Soundwaveattacked.”  Angelo had an idea what was happening.  It must beone of Hunter’s traps.
              He watched as Mondo started to reach up to grab for Daria.  “It willbe alright.  I’ll get you down.”  He noticed that Mondo startedto get a very perplexed look on his face, and Angelo had a grim feelingon what was happening.  He watched as Mondo tried to move, only tosee his gentle friend’s feet were stuck fast to the floor.
              Angelo realized that they were going to be made immoble.  He wasn’tabout to let that happen to him, and his friends.  Then he wonderedhow he was suppose to help.  He stood there helpless to decide. He didn’t know what action was anticipated.  He finally decided. He looked at Darrett and said, “Darrett, try and get Banshee here, quick. I’m goning to try and stop this Hunter guy.”
              As he went to leave, he heard Darrett say, “Skin, you don’t have far togo.”  He looked striaght ahead as the figure just stood at the endof the hall.  He had a bad feeling in his gut about this, and juststarted to move when he felt it.  He looked to his hands only to seethem entirely stretching.  He was literally tieing himself up.
              He started to shout, “Darrett...” and then he saw it.  Darrett hadalready conjured someone up, who looked like Henry Stauf from the 7th guest,except that Henry had an uncontrolled look on his face, almost as if hedidn’t want to do what he was doing, which was pummeling Darrett. Soon the boy fell into unconsciousness as the figure disappeared. He looked back at Hunter and noticed the blank look on his face. Angelo just looked at him and said, “Why are you doing this?”
              The figure just plainly said, “To save you all.  Yvette is a menace,a curse, and you don’t even know it.  I just hope I’m not too lateto save this Richard Cale fellow.”  Angelo then heard the loud sound,which meant Banshee was coming, but what would this Hunter fellow do toSean.

              He turned and listened.  He heard the howling sound as it approached. It had to be another of the misguided people here who though Yvette wasn’ta danger.  He must have been coming from the direction that Yvettewas in.  As he listened, he learned that this mutant relied on sound. He also knew that sound could not travel with no air.  He looked andsaw the hall that the mutant was coming from.  He focused on it, andsoon he felt the woosh of air vacating the hall. He watched as the figurecame flying into that part of the hall, and fell, gasping for air. He just proceded down the hall, past the fallen figure.  As he passedhe just said, “I figure she must be hiding down here.  The lack ofair is only temporary, but it won’t kill you.”
              As he continued down the hall, he heard the figure say, with great effort,“Ye won’t get away with this.”
              He mearly continued and said, “I’m only trying to save all your souls. There is no cure for this curse, except death.”  He walked down thehall, noticing how the walls seemed to change a bit.  This schoolmust have added on to so the mutants had someplace to train.  Hadhis life taken a different course, he would have enjoied it here, but now,he had a task to do.  He slowly walked past each door, pausing tolisten.  All he needed was to hear one sound, and he knew it was her. Everyone was out of the way, however, he did not see the one called RichardCale.  Had the boy been unlucky enough to be enthralled.  Hedidn’t want to think that.  He only intended to end one life. He finally heard a sound behind one of the doors.  It had to be Yvette. He pushed the door open slowly, figuring she might attack.  He noticedhowever that her back was to the door.  Was she that confident thathe would be stopped.  He noticed that the room had to be some sortof war room.  He figured he might use that to his advantage. He focused on her and soon, restraints shot from the table and pulled hertoward the table.
              He watched as she struggled, and then looked at him.  He almost revelledin the fact that his next most dangerous foe was about to be liberated. She looked at him in horror and just said, “Please, don’t kill me. I’m not one of them anymore.”
              He slowly moved forward as he said, “That’s a lie, Yvette.  I knowthere is no escape from his bonds.  If it were possible, I would havedone it by now.  Hopefully, I’ll have you gone before you seduce thatboy, Richard Cale.”
              He was startled when he heard a voice behind him.  “You mistake seductionfor true love.  You probably don’t even know love.”  He turnedto face the same boy, and then he saw the hands.  Just as he saw thehands, the boy said, “Just in case you’re wondering, you gave me these.”
              Hunter was dumbfounded, and then said, “You lie.  She’s cursed you. I will stop you then kill the both of you.”  He started to focus onthe boy.  He had to trap the boy, but the more he focused, the morefrustrated he got.  He couldn’t create a trap.  He then heardan odd sound for the moment.  He glanced and noticed Yvette was giggling. He looked at the boy almost terrified.
              He saw Richard Cale smile as he said, “You see, Hunter, I am a full fledgedmimic. When you approached that door, I had your abilites from the start. You’ve trapped almost everyone, and stepped right into a trap yourself.”
              He tried to comprehend the situation.  This couldn’t be happening. “But I captured her. She’s helpless.”  He watched as the boy justtapped his head.  The trap wasn’t his, but Richard Cale’s illusionto make it look like he trapped Yvette.  He realized that he was beingduped. Now, he was mad.  Hunter looked at Richard Cale and said, “Iwill not be stopped.”  He pulled a knife out and lunged at Richard,but the boy sidesteped quick.  Now it was a battle so he could endthis.  “I’ll end this, even if I have to kill you.”  He tookanother dive at Richard, and luck had sided with him as the boy backpedalledand tripped.  He smiled as he was about to drive the knife home, andsuddenly he was airborn.  He looked up to see an African girl flyinghim out through the roof.

              Monet watched as only an observer.  Her sister still had control overtheir joint body as she carried Hunter out through the room.  Shelistened as he said, “If I would have know, I would have put you out ofcommission, too.”
              She heard her sister exclaim, “Yeah, Right.  My brother has failedto capture them, I doubt that you could kill them.  Now once yourback in his flock, maybe he can capture them.” She saw the look of angercross his face.
              He shouted at her, “You’re helping that monster.  I should just killyou.”  She watched as the knife struck at her, but broke in two.
              She watched as her sister stopped in mid air.  She felt the grin crossher face as Claudette said, “Just for that, you’re being delivered AirMail.”  She felt them pull back and throw Hunter straight in the directionof the lighthouse.  As he flew out of sight, she heard her sistersay, “Now for the other two to be delivered.”
              Monet realized what was going to happen.  Claudette was going to handdeliver Rich and Yvette to Emplate.  She had to stop her.  Shegathered up all her mental strength and started to take control of themind. 
              As she seized control, her sister yelled, “Are you nuts, we might get killedin the fall.” Soon she felt the joint body plummet to the school. She hoped someone would catch them.

              When Rich saw M fly Hunter through the roof, he had a feeling it was over. He got up and ran over to Yvette, making the bonds holding her disappear. He picked her up off the table and said, “Are you alright?”
              She hugged him tight and said, “Fine now.  I’m glad your plan worked.”
              He held her and said, “Almost didn’t.  You shouldn’t of been giggling.” He flet her tighten her grip and kiss him.
              As she stopped the kiss, she smiled her sly smile and said, “Well, I knewI was going to get let go, or else I wouldn’t have been giggling.”
              Soon Rich heard some of the others come in, all panic.  He saw reliefin their eyes when they saw Yvette alive.  Sean was the first to speak. “Thank God.  We all thought the worse. How did ye stop him?”
              Rich smiled and said, “Trapped him using his abilities, but Monet savedus both. Thanks for sending her in, Sean.”
              Rich saw a puzzled look on Sean’s face as he said, “Lad, I didnae see Monetbefore I got to the others.  She must have been waiting here.” Rich was concerned now.  It didn’t make sense.  He was aboutto ask how she might have know, when Monet came crashing through the room,in a Autistic state.  Sean quickly said, “Everyone, help me get Monetto the med center.”
              As they all started to carry Monet to the med center, Rich heard Yvettesay, “Thank you, again.”  She leaned over and whispered into his ear,“We should watch a movie tonight. Forget about what happened today.” He liked the idea of that.  It might even help him understand howMonet knew to be in the right place at exactly the right time.
***************************************************

              When Hunter came to, he noticed he was floating about the ground, as ifsuspended. Emplate’s sister still had him.  He was about to strikewhen he heard a horribly familiar voice say, “Hello Hunter, have you finallyreturned to us?”
              He looked up and straight at Emplate.  He was now a prisoner again,but he would not let Emplate control him again.  He spat at Emplate,and said, “I’ll never serve you, even if I had too.”  He had to getEmplate’s sister to let him go.
              Soon he heard a different voice.  This one was female as she said,“Very unwise.  I don’t think my lover liked that answer.”  Soon,he felt as if his body was being crushed.  He would not give in toEmplate, not again.
              As his body was being crushed, he heard Emplate say, “Hunter, I must admitthat it was bold of you to try and kill Yvette, but she has become morestrong willed since Richard Cale entered her life.  If it weren’tfor him, she still would be linked to me.”
              Hunter then realized it.  She was free.  It was obtainable. He felt light headed.  He was going to die.  He couldn’t die,not now.  He was still cursed.  Then he realized something. He managed to run his fingers along his palms.  They were gone. He was free of the curse.  As he drew his last breath, he just said,“I’m finally free.”  Soon, his sight failed, followed by his hearing.He knew he was floating, but slowly that feeling of being held passed. His mind then showed him that tunnel he heard about.  He knew whatit was, even before he started towards it.
***************************************************

              Rich stood by as he was near Monet’s bed.  At the edge of the bedwas Yvette.  She knew he was wondering how Monet knew to be thereat the time she was.  As he stood there, he heard Yvette say, “Doyou think something might be wrong?”
              He didn’t look at her, but he said, “I don’t know.  She wasn’t toldto protect us, yet she was waiting.  I wonder if it was Monet whosaved us, but Claudette.”
              She looked at him concerned.  “You mean to say you don’t think that’sa good thing.” She knew him too well.  She knew exactly what he waswondering and thinking about.
              He just looked at her and said, “I’m not sure.  It appeared that Monetwent into one of her spells, but what happened to Hunter.  He disappeared. Where did he go?”  Soon, however, his mind was distracted.  Hehad locked onto a memory.  Even though Monet was in this state, heoccasionally got a lock.  It didn’t last long, but he got an ideawho was in charge of the two twins. Right now, he couldn’t tell if it wasMonet or Claudette.  He did slowly see an image, in the subconscious. When he saw it, he staggered back, losing the link.
              He felt Yvette by his side, as she said, “What happened?”
              He fought to get the words together.  “I just saw Monet’s memories. I can’t believe it.” He start to walk out.  He felt Yvette take hisarm, and he could tell she was worried.  He just said in the mentallink that had just formed, {I’ll stop by later, and we can watch a film. Right now, I need some time to think.}  He knew she understood asshe let go.  He slowly walked out of the room.  This thoughtfloored him, and brought back some sort of dread to him, although he couldn’tremember why.  Maybe shock had caused him to forget it, or he forcedhimself to repress it, but he couldn’t fathom it.  He just saw himselfholding Monet, when she was just a baby.  He walked back to his room,wondering what it meant, and deeper still, wondering what it meant abouthow much he truely knew about all of the St. Croix’s, including the onebeing he learned to fear most, Marius St. Croix, a.k.a. Emplate.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment