Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Music I like

Now all of you can see what I listen to.

Chapter 1 - Music I like

Chapter 1 - Music I like
My Rhapsody Playlist: (You can probably see my tastes vary widely, so there may be something for you here. Disclaimer: If you are considering getting Rhapsody, it will not work on ipods, just a warning. Works with most MP3 Players, computers, and Tivo. I also heavily discourage illegal MP3 downloading and listening to it on YouTube if you can get it elsewhere, please buy your music or pay for a music subscription.)
Rockin' The Suburbs (Over The Hedge Version)
Blue (from the Fruit of the Loom website)
Creeping in my soul (was on the Lego website, but the evil Lego folks got rid of it)
Gravity Hurts (another Lego song, quite good and still available, you get them under the Bionicle Downloads)
Face Me (Lego song, still available)
A Man for All Seasons (Johnny English version, I also recommend that movie by the way)
Paint it, Black (Rolling Stones)
I Don't Want to Wait (Paula Cole, I discovered it on a hilarious YouTube video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDVEEET67Ug)
Unwritten (Natasha Bedingfield, although most of you will probably have heard it somewhere if not have it)
Family Of Me (Over the Hedge)
Heist (Over the Hedge, more interesting than it sounds, seriously)
Walking on Sunshine (Katrina and the Waves, again, most of you will have at least heard this)
Intuition (Jewel, discovered this puppy and the one above on a dance mat of mine)
Boogie Wonderland (Happy Feet, Gloria's song)
I Love to Move It (Madagascar, may be "like" instead of "love" but I'm not sure)
Into the West (Lord of the Rings 3, sung by Annie Lennox)
Holding Out for A Hero (Bonnie Tyler, do me a favor and listen to it, it is the original)
Duel of the Fates (Star Wars 1, played during the Darth Maul fight scene)
I Bet You They Won't Play This Song on the Radio (Monty Python, doesn't even count as a song really, also, it contains swear words hilariously blocked out by funny noises, just warnin ya)
Beer, Beer, Beer (It's a classic drinking song, but I like the version by The Clancy Brothers and The Dubliners)
Gollum's Song (Lord of the Rings 2, sadly they didn't have the version sung by Emilia Torrini on Rhapsody, so I got it off Dad's CD, as I feel it is the best one)
Mr. Blue Sky (Electric Light Orchestra, was in an episode of Doctor Who)
All Over the World (Electric Light Orchestra again)
Accidentally In Love (Shrek 2, and it is a very nice song)
Livin' La Vida Loca (Ricky Martin, again, originals are better. This was in Shrek 2 (same for Holding Out for a Hero, except very "watered down"), you may have also heard it elsewhere.)
Heaven Knows (The Corrs, a mixture of Celtic and modern, quite interesting)
McCloud's Reel/Whup Jamboree (Gaelic Storm, very folky)
It's the End of the World as We Know It (and I feel fine) (R.E.M., you may have heard it elsewhere too, I know I have, though I can't figure where.)
Voodoo Child (Rogue Traders, great to dance to, was featured in Doctor Who when The Master activated the cannibalized Tardis)
Astro Caravan (Monique Danielle, my parents went to a jazz concert and brought back the pamphlet for me to check out the artists, I decided I liked this one)
U Want Me 2 (Sarah Mclachlan, she sang "Dear God" from the House soundtrack, and I decided I like her music so there may be more of this in the future)
Bad Jokes (The Prairie Home Companion movie, it does contain rude humor and some mild swearing, but it's very funny (or I thought so anyway))
The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything (From said Veggie Tales movie, I heard it on a YouTube Brickfilm and thought it was weird and funny)
Monk Main Theme (The old intro song for the TV show Monk, I got it off the official website)
Time Machine (The Click Five, I discovered it on the Orlando Disneyland advert where the mom turns into a kid again and Googled to find out what song it actually was)
Boogie Wonderland (The original, by Earth, Wind & Fire, I like both of the ones on my list)
You Might Die Trying (Dave Matthews Band, was featured in a recent episode of House, and I liked it at first sound)
The Hampster Dance Song (This particular version is by The Hit Crew, who could resist this crazy song?)
Crash Into Me (Dave Matthews Band, I rather like their style)
Dreamgirl (Another Dave Matthews Band one)
Axel F (Also known as Crazy Frog, this one is without the frog voice, and is the original, by Harold Faltermeyer)
Sunshine On My Shoulders (John Denver, I discovered it on a certain Raisin Bran Crunch advert)
Take Me Home, Country Roads (John Denver, I saw it while looking for the song above and remembered I love it)
Leaving On A Jet Plane (John Denver, same story as above)
Ladies And Gentlemen (Saliva, weird name, crazy heavy metal music, I've heard it on a Playstation advert and the intro to the TV show Last One Standing)
The Wild Rover (A classic song, but my favorite version just happens to be by The High Kings, sung live)
Rocky Mountain High (John Denver, it reminds me of See The World from the House soundtrack)
New Soul (Yael Naim, this song was featured in an Apple laptop ad, the one with the really skinny computer somebody pulls out of a brown envelope)
Heartland (Celtic Thunder, heard it at the hedgehog gathering and liked it)
Godzilla vs. Mothra - Mothra's Song (The Best of Godzilla, kinda stumbled upon it, bit repetitive but oh well)
Frolic (From the TV series, Curb Your Enthusiasm, apparently it's similar to the A.G. Edwards advert song, but I'm not certain)
Closer To The Truth (The new LEGO song! It's pretty good too, although Creeping In My Soul is still my favorite of theirs.)
Eye Of The Tiger (Survivor, it was in the movie Rocky, and isn't half bad)
I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles) (The Proclaimers, this one is a favorite of mine. They're another band Mom likes, I'm finding recently that I love all these songs I'd heard before by her.)
Get The Party Started (Pink, I've liked this song for awhile now, but only remembered recently.)

Hard to find songs: (But just as good or better)
I Want to Wake Up (Melissa Etheridge, was in An Inconvenient Truth, a pretty good movie about global warming. Only found on her greatest hits CD "The Road Less Traveled" on the Enhanced Version. Thankfully, the CD is available on Amazon)
The A La Menthe (from Ocean's Twelve, when The Night Fox dodges the lasers, and is not sold anywhere. I make an exception here for YouTube music watching.)

Full CDs I like:
After the Rain (Michael Jones, a very relaxing peaceful CD)
Crimson Tide (From said movie (which is a good movie), although I like anything by Hans Zimmer)
House (The TV Show, believe it or not, he has a soundtrack, and it's quite good)
Lord of the Rings 2 (Said movie, I'm a fan of the Rohan and Elven music)
Phantom of the Opera (said movie, which is also very good, if very long)
Pirates of the Caribbean 1, 2, and especially 3 (said movies, 1 is not on Rhapsody)
Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron (good movie too)
The Sound of Music (such a classic movie)
The Tragic Treasury (by the Gothic Archies, it's the songs from the tapes of the Series of Unfortunate Events.)
Kim Wilde (various songs of hers, I'm rather annoyed they don't have some of my favorites (I have a tape of hers that I love)).
Wizard of Oz (The music from said movie, ya just gotta love it.)
Mamma Mia (The ABBA Musical CD, I love most any ABBA, I have this actual CD)
ABBA (Various songs, I've loved ABBA since I got my hands on Dad's old tapes, which don't work very well now)
Bente's Gammaldansorkester (That's the band, no way I'm spelling out the name of the album)
Capercaille: Secret People (Another celticy type one)
Mary Poppins (The music from the movie. Who couldn't love it? Although for some annoying and strange reason, Rhapsody doesn't have A Spoonful Of Sugar)
The Godfather (From the movie. Great movie, comparable music.)
Batman Begins (From said movie. The music is pretty good, and so is the movie, even though I normally dislike super hero movies.)
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (From the movie, music is decent, same can be said for the movie.)
Dralion (Cirque Du Soleil, their music AND their performances are AMAZING.)
The Prarie Rose Wranglers (Said band, we saw them at a chuck wagon supper. Their music is great, and so is their humor, although sadly the latter can't be found on their CDs.)
The Proclaimers (LOVE their stuff! Scottish accents rock.)

More to come later!

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment