Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - The New Chaos

New chaos approches, Endless night will fall,
Sonic will be no more...
This is the story of Dark Sonic.

Chapter 1 - The New Chaos

Chapter 1 - The New Chaos
The sun was bright and sunny today over the fabulous and beautiful city of Emerald City on the amazing Emerald Island. The sun was reflecting off the ocean waves to make it look like it was glittering and sparkling like a starry night. The sky was clear of any clouds and the weather was just at the right temperature and condition. This kind of weather actually only happens in Emerald City once every year during every summer for 45 to 50 years. Nobody really knows when that day would come in the summer because it just comes at a random time during that season; it could come at the beginning of the summer, middle, or even at the end of the summer. Some people believe that it’s just a coincidence and that it’s just regular old summer days. But most people, mainly the citizens of Emerald City, believe that it’s some kind of mythical sun god that comes every summer and gives the citizens of Emerald City this perfect weather to enjoy their summer at least once every year. No one really knows for sure but that’s what they believe and it’s the only information that they have for explanation.
45 years before, when Emerald City was first built, the mayor of Emerald City declared that every time that Emerald Island receives the perfect weather every summer each year, the whole city would be invited to a big celebration carnival/party down by the beach for the whole day to enjoy the annual weather. Well, today is that day but, no one knows what’s going to happen after today because after today, everything will change, everyone will change. Beware…
The sun was high and no clouds were in sight. Today, we catch Sonic and friends down at the beach trying to enjoy their first time celebrating this “Perfect Weather Day”, which everyone called, here in Emerald City. But yet, Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Cream, and Cheese were all walking together up and down the beach looking for a spot big enough for all six of them. After a long search, they all found a spot just as soon as they all saw a family pack up and leave their spot. It seemed like that family left their spot because they all got sunburn. As soon as the family had left their spot, Sonic and everyone else quickly got over to the empty spot before anyone else could get there. They dropped all their belongings right on the ground on which they stood on and took a quick breather. As soon as they got their quick rest over and done with, everyone begun to unpack everything that they all had.
Knuckles got up to stretch. He looked over to the family as they were running up to their vehicle, chuckles a bit, and said, “Ha, it sucks for them.” Amy looked up at the family as well as they left and said, “Yeah, they really should’ve brought some sun-lotion or something.”, and she continued to unpack her things out of her bag. Tails pulled out their own towels and sun-lotion and said, “Well, at least we have a spot now, because if that family didn’t leave because of their sunburn, then we would still be looking for a spot and then we would be the ones to get sunburn too.” Amy looked over at Tails and said, “Well…” she thought for a moment, “… I guess you’re right.” Amy looked back down at her stuff and continued to go through her bag for the beach blankets. But then, she noticed that Sonic was starting to go off down the beach. She called out to him, “Sonic, wait!” just before he actually took off. Sonic stopped in his tracks and turned around towards Amy. He replied to Amy, “Yeah?” Amy got up and ran up to Sonic. As soon as she caught up to him, she asked, “Hey, Sonic. Where are you going? Aren’t you going to at least stay a bit longer without running off again?” Sonic just smiled at her and replied, “I’m just going for a quick run down the beach, that’s all.” Amy groaned and said, “Again? Aw, fine.” Sonic turned back around and dashed down the long shore until he was out-of-sight.
Amy walked back over to their spot and continued her search for the beach blankets. After a few minutes of unpacking and everything set on their spot, Knuckles got up and stretched and went through his bag for his Shovel Claws. “Alright then,” he begun, “, now that I’m all done unpacking my crap, I’m going to go digging.” Knuckles put his claws on and started to dig small ditches up and around the beach. Cream and Cheese turned back around after watching Knuckles take off digging. Cream asked, “Where do you think Knuckles is looking for Cheese?” Cheese just responded with a, “Chao Chao?” Tails turned around for Knuckles digging around the beach. He answered Creams’ question, “Beats me. I don’t think that Knuckles is actually looking for anything at all. I think that he’s just doing it because it’s in his nature.” Tails shrugged after he finished. Amy looked up at the three of them and said to them, “Or maybe it’s just an excuse to get away from here.” Tails looked over at Amy and chuckled, “He he, yeah, probably.” He thought for a moment. Then he looked up at the girls and said, “Hey! Since we’re all done unpacking, let’s build a sandcastle or something. That sounds like something that we can do. It’ll past the time, you know?” Cream and Cheese cheered as Amy said, “Alright, but we’re going to need to get a lot of sand if we want it to be big and sturdy.” Cream and Cheese went through the bags for the shovels and pans. Tails found a moderate-sized bucket and flew back and forth from the shore, getting the wet sand for the castle.
Meanwhile, up further from the gang, were Shadow and Rogue sitting under a palm tree in the shade. Rouge was lying on her stomach on a towel with her head rested on her crossed arms, apparently trying to get a tan. Shadow was just sitting up against the tree that they were both under, looking around the beach with a distorted, kind of angry look on his face; just his usual looking face practically. He looked down at Rouge and asked, “Rouge? Why are we here at the beach?” Rouge kept her head on her arms and replied, “We’re here because I said so.” Shadow was getting irritated now. He continued, “But Rouge, our mission is to locate Dr. Eggman, not to try and get a tan in the shade!” Rouge lifted her head up and said, “Quit your whining hotshot. We’re also here because it’s the annual ‘Perfect Weather Day’ and over half the cities citizens are here at the beach.” Shadow still glared at Rouge and said, “That still doesn’t explain why we’re here.” Rouge sighed and continued, “You and I and everyone else here knows that egg head will try anything to ruin this day.” Shadow rolled his eyes and looked back out at the beach and shore. Rouge obtruded, “Oh, and by the way Shadow. I’m taking a tan in the shade because I hate the sun. I’m a bat, remember?” Shadow just looked back at Rouge for a quick second and just said, “Whatever…” He got up and started to walk down the beach. Rouge noticed him get up. She asked him, “Hey, Shadow. Where are you headed?” Shadow didn’t turn around but he did say to her, “I’m going after Sonic the Hedgehog. I just saw him not too long ago.” He paused, took out his Chaos Emerald, and called out, “Chaos Control!” In a quick flash, he was gone. Rouge just stared at the spot that Shadow had just stood from. She just decided to just lay her head back down on her arms and continue to get her tan, in the shade. Rouge said to herself, “Boy, that hedgehog there has got some serious issues lately. Thankfully I’m not him… but, I do hope that he doesn’t do anything too rash again or else he’s going to be in so much crap that I’m going have to get him out of again.” Rouge went to rest as she lay there in the shade, listening to the ocean waves crashing and the people nearby having a good time.

*Yesterday, back on Sonics’ world…

There were lights flashing and wires sparking all over the place, and small patches of smoke and ashes on the floor. In a small laboratory by the Southern Shore of a small, unknown island on Sonics’ world, lay a young female fox with two tails, collapsed on the floor. She was wearing a lab coat with dirt and soot on it. She went by the name of Tanya Prower, by the looks of her name-tag. Tanya seemed to be the around the same age as Sonic the Hedgehog. By the looks of her lab coat, and the partially destroyed laboratory, must have meant that she was obviously a scientist of some sort that was working on some type of experiment. On one side of the lab were a bunch of computer monitors on top of a few desks with paperwork all over the floors and such. But on the other side of the lab stood a large mechanical arch. The whole machinery of the arch was over-heating. Tanya got up from off the floor covered with a few bruises on her body caused by a small explosion from her experiment. Out of her frustration, she screamed at the top of her lungs and yelled out, “Why!?! Why didn’t it work? I checked over everything specifically like, three times! God!” She forcefully turned herself around and stormed away to one of the desks. As soon as she got up to the desk, she slammed both her hands on the desk. Tanya stood at the desk with her hands still firmly on it and her head hanging down towards the floor. She suddenly spoke but in a gloomy voice, “Maybe, maybe they are right. Maybe I’m not as good as him. God I suck!”
Tanya looked down at the floor and pouted. Tanya turned back around and leaned back on the desk. She looked up at the machine from across the room. She then noticed a water bottle on the floor down close to her feet. Tanya went over and picked up the bottle and saw that it had a little puddle of water left at the bottom of the container with its cap partially still on. Returning her rage again, she took the bottle and chucked it across the room. The bottle flew through the air and landed behind the arch computers. The bottle got trapped within the wires, cords, and plugs. The bottle got its cap popped off and the water that was at the bottom now came splashing out of the spout and got all over the sparking wiring. Suddenly, all the computers, monitors, and even the lights came back on. Tanya realized what had just happened and broke down in joy. She smiled and said to herself, “I-I did it… I did it… I can’t believe it works! Ha! Yes! Now I’m the one that’s right and they’re the ones that are wrong.” She hopped up and down in her enjoyment. But then she asked herself, “Oh, wait a minute,” she remembered, “Does it still work though?” Tanya ran over to the computer next to the arch as fast as she could and quickly went typing something on the screen. She was pacing herself but Tanya finally finished checking something on her computer. She went over to a switch on the side of the arch and pulled it down to turn it on. The space within the archway suddenly started to light up and grew into a portal.
Tanya ran back and stood in front of the luminous arch in amazement and it lit up the room and her smile. But all of a sudden, the luminous portal grew dimmer and dimmer and the arch was shutting down. Tanya’s smile was no longer lit up and was actually no longer on her face. In a hurry, Tanya ran back over to the computer and tried to find out what went wrong. She kept wondering if her machine had already started to malfunction after all her time and hard work. She repeatedly said to herself, “Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god!” she took deep breaths, “OK… ok… whew, alright. God, please still be working.” She opened up the statistics menu from her files on her computer. Tanya got the files opened and instruction herself, “OK, files opened, clickity click on experiment version 2.5. Alright, status check…” Tanya, with her eyes practically glued onto the computer screen, waited patiently for the results to popped up. As soon as the results came up, she immediately read what was on the screen. Tanya read out-loud, “OK, let’s see. Power: Good, Connections: Good, yeah yeah… all things checked out well, wait, what’s this?” she stopped and checked what she had just spotted. Tanya continued, “Energy: Low!? Aw, dang it!” Tanya slammed her fist onto the side of the machinery with more anger. Apparently, Tanya has lots of anger management to deal with. She finally calmed down and said, “Alright, let’s see how ‘low’ it is. Energy level is…: 2 %? Aw, come on! I just filled the tank yesterday! I… wait a minute,” Tanya stepped away from the computer screen and walked over towards the door of the lab. She went up to an intercom and pressed and held a button and said, “Rob!” She waited for a moment and then a voice finally came on the intercom, “Yes Miss Tanya?” Rob was one of Tanya’s ‘Helper Robots’. Tanya asked, “Hey, Rob. Uh, did you happen to take some of the energy out of my machinery down here?” Rob replied rather quickly and said, “Negative. Rob was never down in the laboratory for the past 48 hours. Why? Did something go wrong?” Tanya pulled back her hair with her hand and sighed. She paused for a moment, realizing that it was just that she used up all her energy, and then she just told Rob, “No, nothing happened, Rob. I just, got to do something. OK?” Rob replied, “Affirmative. Rob out.”
Tanya turned off the intercom and put her head against the wall. She spoke out, “Oh great. Now where in the world am I going to get enough energy to recharge this hunk of junk? ‘Because I’ve already used up all my energy capsules and I can’t use the Chaos Emeralds because they’re all gone to the parallel world, even the Master Emerald is gone too.” Tanya took a long pace, but finally got it, maybe. She went over to her computer again and decided to look through her files for some kind of answer. She first took a white cloth and wiped off the dirt and soot off the computer screen. Tanya then clicked on the files and kind of scanned through the file names and sort. She said, “Alright, let’s see what we got here. Hmm… nothing too important, but also nothing I really need… wait,” she paused as she saw a file that she may have needed. Tanya continued, “What’s this file? It just says ‘Secret File’. That’s weird. Let’s see what it has inside.” She clicked on the hidden file with curiosity running through her head. Once the file had opened up, Tanya studied the file carefully with her eyes again glued to the screen.
It seemed that the file carried a diagram of the construction of how to build something. Tanya looked at the title name, it said, “How to create a Fake Chaos Emerald” Discovering this file was probably the best thing that she has done today. In her amazement, she stuttered out, “Th-that, that’s what I need. That is it! I can use this to recharge my machine! Now I can finally finish this experiment and get out of here! Yes!” Tanya quickly and eagerly printed the document and immediately got to work on the emerald.
Within an hour or so, she finally completed her Chaos Emerald with all the dimensions and anglings on the fake gem. The only thing that Tanya had to do was to add a natural energy source into the emerald so she could power-up her machine. Tanya looked around the room for something that she could use for the emerald but all she really could find was an odd looking black thing sitting on top of one of her desks. It seemed to be something from an old experiment. She looked at it strangely but recognized it within a quick second. She said, “Hey. This is that, thing, I found by the Master Emeralds resting place. Maybe I can use this to power up the emerald and the machine. Just hope it’s strong enough to power both up enough.”Tanya took the black thing that she had and put it right next to the emerald that she put on a nearby desk. As soon as she got them both close enough, they fused together in a flash. The emerald immediately turned into a dark purplish color with a black, sort of dark flame in the center of the emerald. Tanya, the anger issued female fox that hasn’t done anything wrong yet, has just unknowingly created the end of the future. The dark chaos has begun, the Dark Emerald has been born.



~ End of Chapter 1 ~

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment