Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Reunion

New chaos approches, Endless night will fall,
Sonic will be no more...
This is the story of Dark Sonic.

Chapter 2 - Reunion

Chapter 2 - Reunion
Tanya had woken up from her 11 hour slumber the next day. She lay in her bed snuggled up in her blankets and sheets. The sun was shining through her windows and lit up the room with a beautiful glow. Tanya got up from under the blankets stretched in the morning sun-shine. “Ah,” she spoke, “Finally! Today is the day!” But suddenly, the sun was no longer shining through the windows, everything went dark. The floors in front of her bed grew into red burning flames. Then a brighter object lifted into the air. It was Tanya’s emerald and it was on fire. Tanya then started to hear a deep, deathly voice coming from the gem. It was saying to her, “You… you, are now my servant!” In terror, Tanya was backed up against the wall behind her. She had tears of fear in her eyes and she was shaking her head back and forth saying, “No. P-Please stop! Don’t... What do you want?” The evil, deathly voice called out to her again, “You... will be the cause. You will be the blame. Once you have brought me to him, the future will end!” Tanya’s voice shook as she asked the voice, “Wh-what do you mean? And who is this guy that you’re talking about?” The voice replied, “Thanks to you creating the Dark Chaos, the future will end... And he will spread the destruction. He is Sonic the Hedgehog.” Tanya sat in the bed, still in fear and still watching the fiery emerald hovering in the air. She said to it, “Y-You know, I’ll just tell him and his friends about you and they’ll stop you, whatever you are.” Suddenly, the voice went maniacal and said, “Ah ha ha ha! Do you really think that you’re going to actually remember? This never happened...” The emerald then started to spin and shot a fiery blaze at Tanya and hit her head. She screamed in pain and held onto her head. Tanya opened her eyes and shot up from the bed. The blazing inferno was gone but the emerald was still in the room and it was lying on top of Tanya’s lap. She held her head again and said, “Ow... what? What happened? And how did my emerald get here?” She picked up the emerald and examined it. Tanya continued, “Weird. I thought I had left it down in the lab. Hmm... Oh well. I might as well get ready now. Today is the big day!” She jumped off the bed and ran out the room with her pajama’s still on. The room was still quiet. Tanya got the door back open and came into the room slowly and quietly. She said, “I need to change... can’t believe I forgot to do that.” About 5 minutes later, Tanya came out of the room with an amazing outfit on. She had on a small top on and a small pair of *skorts on. (*Skorts- mixture of a skirt and shorts) She also a small handbag with the emerald in it at her side. Down the stairs Tanya went through her house and she came to the basement door, a.k.a., the lab. She typed in the pass code on the keyboard next to the door and walked inside. The door closed and the lights turned on. The lab was cleaned and restored back to normal after yesterday’s incident. Tanya came into the room and took out the emerald from her handbag and walked up the arch. She said, “Alright then, let’s charge this baby up!” Tanya opened up a small hatch from the arch and put the emerald in. She continued, “OK, it should take a few minutes to...” but then, there was a beep coming from the computer next to the arch. Tanya went over to it and looked to see what it was. A small window popped up on the screen and it showed the stats of the machine. It said, with Tanya reading it out loud, “’Charging Statistics: 100% charged. Please deposit energy source.’ Hmm... That’s weird. I just put it in like 5 seconds ago. Oh well,” she shrugged, “At least it’s done.” Tanya went back over to the hatch, pulled out the emerald, and put it back into her handbag. She grabbed a power switch next to the arch and pulled it down to turn it on. Tanya jumped back so that she was standing in front of the arch. A luminescent portal grew in the gap of the arch and lit up the room even more. In awe, her jaw dropped and said, “Wow! This is cool. OK, I should get a running start then.” Tanya ran to the other side of the room and got to a running position and faced the arch in a straight path. She took a moment, and then she charged for the portal. But just as she was only a few feet away from her spot, a voice called to her from the lab door, “Miss Tanya?” Tanya yelled out with a, “Whoa!” and slipped and trampled over her feet and fell face flat on the floor. She got up in a heartbeat and forcefully shouted out, “What!?” with an angry look on her face. It was Rob standing in the doorway. Tanya’s angry look went away immediately once she saw it was him. She said, “Oh, oh. S-sorry Rob, I was just... uh, what do you want Rob?” Rob asked, “Miss Tanya, are you heading out on your departure already?” Tanya said to him, “Uh, yeah! What did you think I was doing?” Rob asked her, “Miss? Is Rob in charge while you’re absent?” Tanya waved her hand and said, “Yeah, yeah Rob. You’re in charge. Just make sure that this place is in tip top shape while I’m out. Got it?” Rob said, “Roger.” And walked out of the lab. Tanya just decided to walk through the portal instead. She walked through the luminescent portal and she was gone.

Back on earth, somewhere in Emerald City...


Somewhere in a small alleyway in Emerald City, Tanya’s portal appeared in the center of the outdoor hall and Tanya came jumping out of it. She stood up from off the ground and the portal faded away. Her first look at the environment around her, and she gave a dirty look and said, “Ugh! What a dump! What kind of portal brings me to a place like this instead of a beautiful beach or something? Jeez.” Tanya walked down the alley and reached the sidewalk. She peeked around the corner of the building and saw that the street was practically deserted. Few cars and people went by but that was really it. “Humph.” Tanya pouted as she looked up and down the street, “I’d figure that there would be more people here. Oh well, I might as well go down to the beach and see if he is there.” She came out from the corner of the buildings and started walking down the sidewalk. One women and her daughter were walking by and said to Tanya, “Hello” and the kid said, ”Hi miss foxy lady!” She smiled and said, “Hi.” back to the little kid. Tanya looked over her shoulder as the girl and the mother kept on walking. “Wow.” She said to herself, “I didn’t realize that the people here were so nice.” But then, Tanya noticed a bunch of fliers on the wall of the building. She looked up at one of them and it said:
“Perfect Weather Day! Come and celebrate Emerald City’s 45th Annual Perfect Weather Day! We’ll have Barbeques, Surfing, and much more! Come down to Emerald Beach now and have some fun! Today only!”
Tanya thought, “Huh. That’s kind stupid to have a celebration over a summer day.” and she shook her head, “Weird...” Tanya then headed down the road to get to the beach.

Back at the beach with Sonic and Shadow...


Sonic was walking down the shore, enjoying of the beautiful view of the ocean glistening in his eyes. Sonic stopped and turned towards the ocean view and said, “Wow. No wonder they call it ‘Perfect Weather’. This is amazing! And I used to hate the ocean.” All of a sudden, Shadow flashed from his Chaos Control and appeared further behind from where Sonic stood. He called out to him, “Sonic!” Sonic turned around and said, “Huh? Oh, hey Shadow! Long time no see!” Shadow glared at him sternly and said, “You know what I want, Sonic the Hedgehog.” Sonic sighed, put his hand on his side and said, “Ugh, Shadow. You are never getting my Emerald. OK? Every time that you tried getting it before, you got your butt kicked and ran off. So, don’t get your hopes up of succeeding this time.” Shadow growled in his throat and said, “Give me your Chaos Emerald or else I’ll have to take it by force!” Sonic replied, “Pfft! Go ahead. Hit me with your best shot Shadow!” Shadow grinned and said under his breath, “With pleasure... Chaos Spear!” He then shot a wave of golden, chaotic spears at Sonic. Sonic jumped high in the air to dodge Shadow’s attack. He dropped back down to the ground and stood straight back up again. He said, “Ha! Is that all you got, Shadow? Shadow?” Shadow wasn’t moving; he just stood there further away from Sonic, facing the street. It seemed like he was concentrating on something really urgent on his mind. Sonic curiously looked at him and said, “OK, what gives Shadow? First you attack me for my Emerald, and then you stop attacking and walk away? This isn’t the usual you.” Shadow finally spoke, “There’s...a Chaos Emerald here...but it’s more powerful than the Master Emerald itself...I can sense it...” He looked at the buildings from across the street from the beach back and forth. Sonic was now completely lost and asked himself, “OK, what is he talking about?” and he scratched his head as prior to speaking. Shadow was still standing in one spot in silence with his eyes still going back up and down the rows of buildings. Then he stopped and spotted someone coming from one of the streets further away. “There!” Shadow called and dashed towards the person that he had spotted. Sonic yelled out, “Shadow, wait! Ugh, that hedgehog has done it now!” and he chased after Shadow as quickly as he could. But Sonic was too late; Shadow was standing over a girl as if he intentionally wanted to harm her. Apparently it was Tanya, but neither Sonic nor Shadow knew her. She lay back on the ground and cried for help. “Shadow!” Sonic called to him, “Leave that girl alone!” Shadow looked over at him and said, “What you don’t see here, Sonic, is that she has a Chaos Emerald. And what you don’t understand is that it’s more powerful than any of the others. I have to have it!” Sonic said to him, “And you’re positive that she has an emerald?” Shadow glared at him again and replied with a straight, “Yes.” Sonic let out a quick chuckle. He said, “He he. You’re starting to sound like Knuckles. Gullible.” His eyes shifted towards Tanya as she attempted to get up and run. Shadow noticed her starting to get away and chased after her. It didn’t even take long but he caught up to her and kicked her in the back directly on the spine. Tanya cried out in pain with a loud, “Ahh!” and tumbled to the ground. She landed on her side and got knocked out. Sonic got wicked mad now! In a flash, Sonic ran over to Shadow and knocked him to the ground. Sonic dragged him by the wrist and lobbed Shadow through the air. Shadow had dropped his Chaos Emerald and it landed in front of Sonics feet. He snatched it up from the ground quickly and called out, “Chaos Control!” Time and space had stopped from the Chaos Control. Sonic ran over to Shadow’s body that was on the ground and placed the emerald next to him. Once more, he called out, “Chaos Control!” and Shadow had vanished. The second that he disappeared, time continued moving again. Sonic ran back over to Tanya and lifted her in his arms. Without hesitating, he ran back to the beach to where Tails and the others were.

Tails and friends on the beach...


Tails, Amy, Cream, and Cheese were at their spot on the beach with their sandcastle standing high and complete. Knuckles had already come back from his digging trip, which left lots of trenches all around the area. Everybody was lying on their beach blankets under the warm sun. Sonic came onto the beach from the street and walked past Rouge by the palm trees. She noticed him go by and called out to him, “Hey Sonic, hold on there.” Sonic turned his head around towards Rouge, sighed, and impatiently asked, “What do you want Rouge?” She asked curiously, “Hey, have you seen Shadow yet? He said he was looking for you. And who’s that pretty lady you got there?” Sonic turned all the way around and replied, “First, she is none of your business. And second, I sent him somewhere else because he attacked her. So, go find him.” He continued on towards his friends as Rouge stared at him as he walked away. Sonic reached his friends and immediately, everyone got up and asked, “Sonic! What happened?” Sonic made it brief and just told them, “Don’t worry about it for now. Pack everything back up and meet me at my house. I’ll explain everything there. Now, hurry!” Sonic ran off from the beach and headed for his house that was behind the city, leaving Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Cream, and Cheese in confusion.





~ End of Chapter 2 ~

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment