Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Panda blues

This is the first chapter to a book I am hoping to get published.

Chapter 1 - Panda blues

Chapter 1 - Panda blues
Panda Blues
All alone, cold and lost. Linda chi was one of the many pandas orphaned and throne in to captivity after humans had hunted her parents. She huddled in the corner with just her fur and some twigs to keep her warm.
The next morning she was carried off to a big white room where her fur was washed dried and brushed. The humans fed her and cuddled with her just like her mum used to. Although Linda chi soon found out that not all humans can be nice. When she was placed in her cage some people came to look at her, some smiled others waved and one little girl even gave Linda a small toy of a panda with one eye, but other
s laughed and jeered, and threw peanuts at her. This made Linda cry out for her mum and hide.
That night Linda cried for her parents, and for how sad her little life had become in just a day and a half.
She pulled the little stuffed panda close to her and waited for death to take her as she crept in to a deep sleep.
The next morning she was woken by a rumbling and panicked as she noticed she was in a large moving crate. As she tried to
gain balance she slipped and a loose nail slammed in to her check. She howled in pain as dark red blood trickled down her cheeks and dripped to the floor. By the time her cries had died down the crate had stopped and Linda chi was unconscious and barely breathing.
When
Linda finally regained consciousness she was bandaged attached to a drip and a blood bag and wrapped in blankets. Linda hoped her life had taken a turn for good but she was wrong. She was in the panda hospital for 4 days, in that time she had seen pandas of all ages and sizes with all sorts wrong with them. One had an eye oozing puss, another one had a twisted stomach, a few had brakes and sprains, and one poor little panda was in with a spike in his head. It was imbedded in that far that they couldn't remove it and he died within a few hours.
Linda was feeling so low she
didn't even realise the crate she was in had stopped rocking, or that the zoo she was now in had very little straw for her to snuggle too. Unfortunately for her when she was feeling better she began to realise that her life was going down hill and fast. The humans here were rough, they kicked her if she slept during zoo visiting hours, didn't wash her fur but brushed it with a sharp metal wire brush. The kids all laughed at her and if she tried to hide from them the zoo keeper would not feed her for a whole day.
Linda lived there for a total of 6 months before she was yet again moved.
The next zoo was nicer, the people
hugged her and played with her, combed and washed her beautiful fur. They gave her a nice soft bed of maple leaves and straw. For night she had an incubated cage indoors and a climbing frame for when the days were to cold to be outside. There were lots of children who came and hugged her, had their photos taken with her and even fed her mint tasting treats. Linda was happy for the first time since she was given the one eyed teddy panda.
Lind spent 7 years in this zoo and was now fully grown.
Although she had her bad days she was good tempered and loved her daily visits from the kids. There was one she especially liked a little girl called Alyssa, she was 5 and she loved Linda. Every time Alyssa came she gave Linda a kiss on the nose, tonnes of hugs and a lollipop.
One day when Alyssa was visiting Linda something bad
happened. Some stupid people decided to have a bit of fun and kidnap the dingoes, but when they tried to open the cage they were spotted. When they tried to make a run for it one of them was shot. The other one jumped in to Linda's cage and took hold of Alyssa and put a gun to her head.
All the people gasped and cried out, the zoo keepers tried to calm down the mad man so he
wouldn't hurt Alyssa. Linda was confused and scared but she knew her friend was in need of help so she stood up tall and growled at the mad man. In response he aimed the gun at Linda instead. As he did so Alyssa bit him and he shot Linda in the chest. He dropped Alyssa who ran over to Linda and hugged her as she fell to the floor, blood oozing out of her wound. But Linda was ok, just a bit dazed, she got back up and tried to shoo the man away, He began to back out. Its working thought Linda as she got down on all fours and bared her teeth. But just then a policeman ran in a startled the man who began shooting anywhere. In doing so he shot Alyssa in the head and she died instantly. Their was a loud roar and a scream as Alyssa's body flopped on to the ground, limp and lifeless. Linda snarled and pounced the man and the last bullet was unloaded in to Linda's throat. She blacked out as she was rushed in to a big crate.
Linda
unfortunately never woke from this. She died before she even got to the panda hospital.
This is a true story pieced together from lots of true panda stories. I can
unfortunately not say where the zoos are located or what they are called. The panda is my own and this was her story of love, cruelty and friendship.
Panda Blues (C) Pikachus pancake studio.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment