Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Chapter 1

Buster brings in a certain plant for plant week.

Chapter 1 - Chapter 1

Chapter 1 - Chapter 1


Buster's Plant Trouble

Arthur is © Marc Brown




Mr. Ratburn wanted to do a different lesson as there was already `Bug Week' he wanted to do `Plant week' the only student he was worried about passing the written report and presentation was Buster.

The visual reports were due and the assignments were that they had to get a plant and bring it to class, talk about it what type of plant it is and what is unusual about it.

The first to present was Fern, “I bought in a Venus flytrap they attract flies and eat them too,” Fern explained, “I find these plants unusual because they are carnivorous, any questions?” Fern asked as she presented the plant.

Buster was the only one who raised his hand, “Does it come from the planet Venus?”

“No,” Fern replied.

“Are there such things as carnivorous plants that eat kids?” Buster asked nervously.

“No,”

“Don't lie!” Buster yelled, “You know something I don't!”

“Mr. Baxter please calm down,” Mr. Ratburn said.

Fern whispered to him, “There is a candy tree but I must warn you someone I knew picked the candy off it and the tree ate him.”

Buster was scared.

“Sue Ellen you are next,” Ratburn said as Fern sat down.

“I bought in a bonsai plant, they are a coniferous…” Sue Ellen said but was interrupted by Buster.

“It eats people as well?” Buster shrieked.

Sue Ellen sighed as she presented the plant, “They are a coniferous plant that you trim when it gets bushy a lot of people practice it. Any questions?”

Everyone looked at Buster but he said nothing.

Muffy was next to present, she brought a small rose bush that was in a flower pot, “These are beautiful roses, they are of a red color and they are a sign of love, the stems have thorns on them but you can get the thorns taken out at a florist, any questions?” Muffy asked.

“Are the thorns poisonous?” Buster asked curiously.

“No,” Muffy replied.

Arthur came up with a cactus that had a lot of spikes on it, “I have a cactus here…”

“Are the spikes poisonous?” Buster asked as he noticed the white colored spikes.

“No Buster, it is as a defense mechanism but if you are in the desert don't eat it but you can get water from them somehow,” Arthur explained.

The next person to present was George he brought in some African Violets, “These are African violets…”

“Does that plant have a defense mechanism where if a person tries to pick it or endangers it, the plant shoots poisonous darts at you?” Buster asked curiously.

“Mr. Baxter can you please stop interrupting your classmates presentations?” Mr. Ratburn said as he was slightly annoyed.

Now whispers were going around the classroom one being that Buster has never seen a plant or tree before.

After a few reports it was Busters turn, but he brought up a marijuana plant.

Mr. Ratburn was shocked seeing that plant, “Uh Buster I hate to pull you from your presentation but we need to talk… right now!”

They both went out into the hallway.

“This isn't fair you are interrupting me when I was about to present this. Is this because I think the plants will eat people, or the plants will poison them or kill them?” Buster exclaimed.

“Where did you get that plant?” Mr. Ratburn asked curiously.

“I found it in the community garden, dug it up myself the leaves look really cool,” Buster replied noticing the urgency in his voice.

Mr. Ratburn was slightly annoyed, “Buster I need to confiscate that plant and take it to the authorities.”

“No!” Buster exclaimed, “I found a plant that looked so cool and you don't want me to present it,” He calmed down, “Is it because it is an alien plant like the Venus flytrap?”

“This is an illegal plant,” Mr. Ratburn said, “If the police capture you with it you are going to get in trouble.”

Mr. Ratburn went to the office and he decided to call the police instead as this was going to be an urgent matter.

A rabbit man and aardvark man in police uniforms showed up, and they confiscated the plant.

Buster was horrified, “Now I don't even have a presentation, this isn't fair Fern got to bring in a completely dangerous plant and you won't let me bring in this?”

“I will give you another day to get a plant,” Mr. Ratburn said as he was calming down the rabbit boy, “Also don't forget about the trip to the arboretum tomorrow.”

They both walked in the class and everyone looked at Buster as he sat down, he plopped his head on the desk.

He didn't really pay attention to the other students' reports as he was too angry.

TBC

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment