Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Chapter 2

Buster brings in a certain plant for plant week.

Chapter 2 - Chapter 2

Chapter 2 - Chapter 2


Buster was not saying a word, all he knew what that in his mind he was being discriminated against because of his plant. He knew two things, one was the field trip was for the morning until noon and two that he would have to find another plant somewhere whether at the arboretum or in his spare time. He was giving everyone the silent treatment for most of the day and as the morning turned into the afternoon he was still quite angry about his plant being confiscated.

When he got home from school Mrs. Baxter asked about the presentation, however she didn't know Buster brought a marijuana plant to school.

“How did the presentation go?” Mrs. Baxter asked curiously.

“It was ok,” Buster replied; the next objective was keeping the plant a secret from his mother, “Ratburn wants me to bring in another plant since he kind of enjoyed the last one.”

“Ok…” Mrs. Baxter said suspiciously.

Buster went outside to the community garden and looked in there for some strange and exotic plants but found none whatsoever. He went to different flower beds but still didn't find any.

---

Meanwhile Fern, Arthur, Binky, Sue Ellen and the Brain had a good idea they bought candy and stuck it to a bush.

“Ok our plan is that we tell Buster about it that will probably cheer him up, Binky hides in the bushes and grabs Busters leg,” Fern explained, “I will grab some of the candy and start eating it.”

“Sounds good,” Sue Ellen giggled.

Arthur, Sue Ellen and the Brain went to Busters and he was not very happy about today.

“Buster you got to see this amazing plant, it has candy on it!” Arthur exclaimed, “Fern is eating some right now!”

“The candy tree, Fern was telling the truth!” Buster said as he was astonished, “I got to see this!”

They ran and saw a bush covered with different types of candy.

“Wow, chocolate bars, chewing gum!” Buster said as he was amazed but nervous at the same time since he remembered what Fern said earlier about a candy tree eating someone she knew.

Fern ate a piece of candy.

“Ahh!” Buster exclaimed, “The candy tree will eat you!”

“It is sleeping!” Fern replied.

Buster grabbed some candy then Binky grabbed his leg, and Buster freaked out.

“Oh no! It caught you!” Fern said, as she tried pulling Buster back but was not actually trying, “Don't go!” Fern said as a tear welled up in her eye.

“Let go!” Buster yelled, “I don't taste good, I don't want to die!” He said as tears streamed down his face as Binky was pulling Buster in.

Everyone started laughing as Binky got out of the bush and Buster wasn't too happy.

“That totally wasn't cool!” Buster yelled angrily, “I nearly died!”

“Well did you see yourself today, it sounds like you never seen a plant or tree before.” Fern replied.

“Have you got a new plant, I heard what happened about the old one,” Sue Ellen said.

“No!” Buster yelled, “It isn't fair Fern gets to bring in a monster plant and I can't bring in my mari-ju-ana plant what ever that is, and I don't even know the difference between carnivorous and coniferous!”

Buster walked home feeling even more miserable.

---



The next day was the field trip to the arboretum, Fern was climbing a coniferous tree she was about seven or eight feet off the ground, she was an avid tree climber as well, unfortunately Buster had seen her.

“Fern don't you know what tree that is?” Buster exclaimed.

“Yea, a coniferous tree!” Fern yelled back.

“Exactly it is going to eat you if you stay up there!” Buster yelled, “I will save you!”

Buster made a mad dash to the pine tree and he climbed up to where Fern was and he pushed her off in as fast as he got up there and climbed down.

“Ahhh!” Fern yelled as she hit the ground landing on her right arm.

Buster climbed down and found that Fern was crying.

“Oh no!” Buster yelled, “What did I do?” Buster was pacing as everyone looked at him,

Mr. Ratburn took control of the situation, “Buster calm down,” He looked at Fern, “Are you ok?”

“I don't know,” Fern cried, “My arm is numb,”

Mr. Ratburn looked at her arm and tried to move it but Fern opposed to it. He called an ambulance and the paramedics took Fern to the hospital.

Buster chuckled nervously.

“Buster I didn't see what happen but I am insistent that other students did,” Mr. Ratburn said sternly

“I saved her life!” Buster exclaimed.

“You pushed her off a branch that was several feet in the air,” Francine replied.

“That tree was going to eat her,” Buster yelled.

“Buster perhaps you should review the difference between carnivorous and coniferous,” Mr. Ratburn said, “I will need time to think of a good punishment for you,”

TBC

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment