Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - Chapter 4

Buster brings in a certain plant for plant week.

Chapter 4 - Chapter 4

Chapter 4 - Chapter 4


“I will come over after dinner and drop off the plant growth hormones so your flytraps get bigger,” The Brain said.

“Thanks,” Fern replied as she finished her ice cream, she met back up with Francine and Muffy.

“So what are you going to do with your plants?” Fern asked curiously.

“Just going to watch mine grow,” Francine said.

“Try and figure out why rose bushes have thorns on them, because they hurt,” Muffy complained.

The three girls just laughed.

About 7 PM the Brain stopped by with the plant growth hormone, the plants were in the window and Fern added some of the hormones to the soil of the plants.

“I can't wait to see what they will look like in a few days, being really big, showing them to Buster and managing to freak him out,” Fern replied, “Can you help me take care of the plants?”

“Sure,” The Brain replied, “I would also like to help you get back at Buster.”

“You think this is going to teach Buster a lesson?” Fern asked.

“Well he still has to present a plant,” The Brain answered, “I already know that Francine and Muffy will help you out since I called them before I got here and they are deeply interested in the plan.”

There was a knock at the door and it was obviously the two monkey girls, the Brain answered it for Fern as she was checking out the plants.

Muffy brought in some water but Fern stopped her.

“That water better be distilled, or rain water” Fern warned, “Tap or spring water is not good for Venus flytraps”

“Why?” Muffy asked.

“Tap and spring water could possibly kill them, I want to get the traps big so they scare Buster senseless,” Fern explained, “I want him to have nightmares about them.”

The next day at school Mr. Ratburn figured out a punishment for Buster, “Ok Buster I decided that you are to have a full month of lunch time detentions, I expect that you got a plant to present for tomorrow, failure to do so will result in myself picking a plant for you so I better see some research on a certain plant and you bringing one in.”

“Well not really, I never got to present yesterday, and I need time to find a plant to get today,” Buster explained.

“Get one as soon as you can or you are going to join your friend Binky,” Mr. Ratburn warned.

Buster was nervous but was also relieved as Fern was absent as Muffy and Francine walked in totally ignoring Buster.

“Aren't you going to apologize to Fern?” Arthur asked curiously.

“I saved her life, I should get a medal for risking my own, that tree was going to eat me since it is carnivorous you know,” Buster said, “But I get detentions instead.”

“You pushed her off a tree!” Arthur said in shock, “And why are we having this argument again, I know you think you should be some hero but just apologize to her and make her feel better.”

“Yea, and if it was me you pushed from the tree I would tie your ears in a really hard knot,” Sue Ellen joked.

Meanwhile Fern was at home taking care of the plants, she noticed that the traps were starting to get bigger and she was hoping it was going to be like something from Little Shop of Horrors except that she wouldn't be feeding the plants blood. Fern didn't really like taking care of the plants alone as she was afraid that she was going to drop something or hurt her arm.

Mrs. Walters walked into the den, “Fern perhaps when Alan, Francine and Muffy get here it might be wise that you don't do much for looking after the plants until school lets out.”

“Ok,” Fern replied.

“I just don't want you to get hurt,” Mrs. Walters replied, “By the way how do you feel?”

“Fine perhaps I will be good enough to go to school tomorrow,” Fern said as she finished watering the Venus flytraps.

“Ok, I will give Mr. Ratburn a call and tell him,” Mrs. Walters replied as she walked into the kitchen.

Buster was looking through some plant books, but didn't have any research.

Mr. Ratburn walked up to him, “Anything?”

Buster lowered his head, “Nothing.”

“I got a good plant for you to research and I expect you to bring in one for the presentation, the plant you are brining in is a pussy willow.” Mr. Ratburn replied.

Buster was completely and utterly shocked.

TBC

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment