Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Prologue

New cats. New clans. A new beginning. A lot of things have changed over 100 years. Now you will hear the story from the eyes of the cats that witnessed it all.

Chapter 2 - Prologue

Chapter 2 - Prologue


Prologue

It has been 100 years since the clans found there new home. They found their new territories and camp. They were happy as the years went by until the day came, the death of the leader that led Thunderclan. That leader was Firestar. It was sad to see the beloved leader Firestar die. They all remembered him and his legend has been passed down for generations. Every day cats are born into the world. Every day cats leave to join Starclan. Now new leaders have come. New cats have been born. New danger has entered the forest. It all happened so fast. Only few cats remember the day of……well, you'll find out. The few cats that remembered that day will tell you what happened. All I can say now is, “Be prepared…..”

Two cats raced down the slope. Their eyes flashed in anger as they chased the intruders. There were five cats that the two were chasing. As the intruders reached the end of the slope one of the cats stopped. He looked at the two clan cats while the other four padded up close behind him. Something was dangling from his mouth. Squealing in terror was a kit. The clan cats gasped for breath as they reached the end of the slope. The cat holding the kit flicked its tail. One cat behind him nodded and meowed three times. The clan cats looked around in terror as more cats began to appear. They were surrounded.

“We can take them, Amberpelt. We're Thunderclan cats. Nothing can stop us.” One of the clan cats whispered.

“I know, Briskclaw. It won't be easy, but we have to rescue Rainkit.” Amberpelt whispered back. Just at that moment, all of the cats leaped onto Briskclaw and Amberpelt. Briskclaw dodged the first attack, but another cat jumped onto his back. While Amberpelt was being dog-piled, Rainkit managed to break free from the cat's jaws. He ran to the nearest exit, trying to dodge the flying cats. Amberpelt shook off the cats and looked for Briskclaw. He finally saw him, but about to get a nasty bite on his neck. Just as Amberpelt was about to run and help his friend, he felt razor sharp fangs sink into his tail.

“Yeeeeeooooowwww!” Amberpelt screeched and he felt the attacker's teeth sink deeper into his tail. He turned around and slashed the attacker across the face, but he still hang on. More cats began to attack poor Amberpelt.

“Briskclaw, help me!” Amberpelt cried just as a cat pushed his muzzle to the ground. Briskclaw flung himself backwards and landed on the attacking cat. Once he got up the cat that he landed on raced out of sight. A few other cats followed him. He snickered at the scared cats and then looked around for his friend.

“Amberpelt, I'm coming!” Briskclaw called as he saw Amberpelt being attacked. He jumped onto the cat that was holding down Amberpelt's muzzle. The cat screeched and tried to shake Briskclaw off. Briskclaw lifted up his paw and clawed the rough's ear. It screamed and ran off with his tail between his legs. Briskclaw jumped off the rough cat and aimed for the cat that was still grasping Amberpelt's tail. The strong rough sensed Briskclaw's attack and he slashed him across the nose. Amberpelt, feeling the weight lighten on him, turned around and kicked the tom hard on the chest with his back leg. The tom, feeling the breath being taken out of him, fell backwards and let go of Amberpelt's tail. Amberpelt watched the tom run away and then went to Briskclaw.

“Briskclaw, are you alright?” He asked.

“Yeah, I'm fine. But forget about me. Let's go rescue Rainkit.” Briskclaw replied getting up. Amberpelt nodded. There were only seven cats left to defeat. Amberpelt leaped onto a grey she-cat, claws unsheathed. The she-cat turned around and bit Amberpelt's leg. He fell off, but managed to claw the rough's underbelly. The she-cat flipped head over tail and ran off whimpering. Amberpelt checked his leg to make sure that there were no injuries and ran over to his next victim. Meanwhile, Briskclaw was attacking the leader of the roughs. The leader was a strong tom with yellow eyes. Briskclaw tried to jump on the leader's back, but the leader was too quick. He dodged and slashed the Thunderclan cat's flank. Briskclaw fell down and landed on his back. The leader jumped onto Briskclaw's belly and clawed him fiercely. Briskclaw shrieked. Amberpelt looked up from the cat that he was attacking to see his friend being attacked. He jumped up and gave the rough a mighty kick. That sent him running. Amberpelt rushed towards the leader and Briskclaw. Just as he reached the leader, another cat jumped on him and held him down. The leader nodded at the cat as the other roughs padded over to watch.

“You lose clan cats! You are weak! You may have chased off some of the others, but you will not chase me off. Say good-bye clan cat!” The leader snickered as he aimed a bite at Briskclaw's neck. With all his might Briskclaw kicked the leader as hard as he could in his stomach. The leader flew onto the ground and then decided to retreat. He picked himself up and called the last four cats to follow.

“I will get my revenge when you least expect it!” The leader hissed as the others ran off.

“Phew, glad that's over. Let's go get Rainkit.” Amberpelt meowed. He looked to the right. There was nothing. He looked to the left. He saw a small kit crawling on the ground. They Amberpelt rushed over to the kit and picked the kit up in his jaws.

“Ok, I've got Rainkit.” Amberpelt said happily. Briskclaw looked at the kit for a while and then looked back up at Amberpelt.

“Nice job except….THAT'S NOT Rainkit!” Briskclaw hissed. Amberpelt dropped the kit and then looked around franticly for the real Rainkit. Suddenly they heard a shriek. They looked in the direction it came from. There was a small kit lying on the ground very still.

“Rainkit!” They both yelled at once as they rushed over to the kit. Its fur was blood-stained and had scratches all over it. A tear slowly fell down Briskclaw's cheek.

“Rainkit.” He whispered. Suddenly something came back to him. The leader's words echoed through his mind.

“I will get my revenge when you least expect it!”

“It's ok Briskclaw. He's in a better place. No one will harm him ever again. He's with his mother and father now. He'll probably thank us for trying to rescue him, but he's where he belongs, with his family. He'll always be with us.” Amberpelt said bravely, but secretly let a few tears slide down his cheek. Briskclaw nodded still staring at the dead kit. The other kit padded over to Rainkit and licked his forehead. Then he padded over to the other clan cats.

“How could the roughs abandon a kit?” Briskclaw asked.

“I don't know, but should we…” Amberpelt tried to say.

“Take him with us? We couldn't pass him off as Rainkit and they might think that we stole the kit in revenge, but we could try.” Briskclaw answered. Amberpelt nodded and picked the kit up. Briskclaw looked at Rainkit for a moment longer and then picked up his body. “I'll get revenge on that leader. I promise.” Briskclaw whispered to Rainkit's body. Then together they carried the kits, one alive, one dead, back to camp.


Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Ultimate_Lifeform on May 30, 2006, 9:35:41 AM

Ultimate_Lifeform on
Ultimate_Lifeformthis does give loads of detail, which makes a very good story. i like it!

Rhi-Rhi on May 30, 2006, 2:53:24 AM

Rhi-Rhi on
Rhi-RhiCool. This is sad, and gives loads of deatail. I dont see why no one comments.

CURES YOU, OTHER PEOPLE!

Sunfur on March 15, 2006, 9:12:23 AM

Sunfur on
SunfurPlase comment.