Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Kyra Who?

Making it up as I go along.

Chapter 2 - Kyra Who?

Chapter 2 - Kyra Who?
Some ordinary people had seen her, but she was not remembered. A quick glimpse of a strange girl in the streets or by the woods is not often stored away in people's memories.

Although she was mainly ignored by the people of the town near which she lived, Kyra was watched. In her sleep she tossed and turned and in her nightmares she felt the eyes of a power much greater than any human being or creation. The one thing she was certain of was the bargain her former self had made. Time was running out and she needed to complete her side of the deal - if only she knew what it was.

That's where Davror de'Monso comes in. After months of fruitless searching for answers to questions she wasn't sure of, Kyra was in turn the subject of Davror's search. Before long, he found her and requested her services in return for some answers.

Kyra agreed and, three weeks later, slaughtered three women, two men and five children with "pure" souls. Davror was satisfied with what she offered him and gave her a small velvet pouch that held three amethyst crystals, a silver coin and a little bone statuette of a cobra snake.

At the cottage in which she had first awoken into her new life, Kyra sat cross-legged on the wooden floor of the hallway. The contents of the velvet pouch were scattered in front of her and she was glaring at them with a blazing intensity, as if the answers would become apparent, as long as she stared hard enough.

Of course, this was not the case, and no matter how hard she stared, the little objects offered no answers.

"Course not. Nothing," she murmured. No sudden recognition, no memories, no nothing. A feeling of betrayal and realisation suddenly dawned on her.

"That lying, cheating bastard!" Kyra cursed, throwing her hands in the air in exasperation. Of course! These objects were nothing but a scam! A fake prize to assure her services.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

lemony_chan on January 1, 2009, 12:08:17 AM

lemony_chan on
lemony_chanWow. Awesomeness. .__. Please update soon!!