Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Chapter 1: The Journey Unfolds

My story I made. Related a bit to zelda. All characters are copywrited by Nintendo.

Chapter 2 - Chapter 1: The Journey Unfolds

Chapter 2 - Chapter 1: The Journey Unfolds
Chapter 1

The morning sunlight seeped its way through the curtains of the castle bedroom. Birds chirped morning tunes as the room began to slowly fill up with sunshine. Link rolled over on his right, shifting in bed. Opening his eyes slowly, he began to stretch out. Yawning quite loudly, he sat up and worked his way to the side of his bed. Link reached for his green tunic, folded neatly on his night table. He placed it over top of his head, grabbed his gear and headed for the door.

The hallways of the castle were as usual, crowed and noisy. All of the people were usually at the market, located in the center of the Castle. The market had tons of things for sale; books, food, armor, weapons and masks. There were also games you could participate in, most of which were a scam for your rupees.

Link did his usual round around the castle, visiting his friends, checking out some good deals at the stores on some items he could use, and looking over Death Mountain. Link sat on the fountain in the middle of the market. He watched the dark smoky circle of fumes rotate around the top of Death Mountain. Link has plenty of memories of going up there, saving the Goron City from Volvagia, and as a child 7 years ago, from Dodongo.

After thinking about the goodest of times and the bravest of times, Link got up, straightened his tunic, and headed out to see the princess. Her name was Zelda. Link fancied Zelda for her looks, and her personality.

"Hey Link! How you doin' today?" Said Crono, one of Link's close friends. "Have any luck with the Princess lately?"

Crono wore light green under garments with a dark green martial arts robe on top. A yellow bandana circled around his neck and a white around the base of his head. He had red spikey hair and had a dark green cloak to match his robe. He wore brown boots and wielded a long sword.

"Doing fine thanks." Said Link, smiling back at Crono. "I think she likes me."

Crono let out a howl of laughter.

"Hah, well thats good. Anyways, I'm heading off towards Lake Hylia for some fishing. I'll bring you back a 20 pounder!" Crono said jokingly, as he dashed towards the castle gate.

Link went up the curling staircase at the left wing of the castle up to the girl's dormitory. The staircase always smelt like perfume, but he didn't really mind the smell at all. As Link finally made it to Zelda's door, he took a deep breathe and knocked. There was no responce.

"Hello?" asked Link, looking very dumb, talking to a door.

There was no responce.

"Hello?!" Shouted Link, this time alot louder then before.

Still, no responce.

He tried the handle. The door slid open, and Link slowly walked in. Zelda's room was almost like every other room in the castle, except she was the princess, so her room was a bit more furnished properly, to her liking. The curtains around the open window were a deep purple, the dressers and night tables were solid oak, chopped from the Lost Woods, hand carved. A white feathery blanket covered overtop of her bed, and a large reflective mirror stood ajar from the foot of the bed.

“She must be somewhere in the castle” Link thought to himself.

As he was just about to leave the room, Zelda was standing at the entrance glaring at him.

“There you are!” Shouted Link, sounding relieved.

Zelda walked over to her bed, and sat on the end.

“Why so happy?” She asked, looking up at him.

Scratching his head, Link replied “I’m not sure. I just thought you’d be happy
to see me.”

“How could you be so happy at a time like this?” Said Zelda, rolling back onto her bed, facing the wall.

“What are you taking about?” Asked Link. “I didn’t hear any news, whats up?”

Zelda Sighed and began to tell Link about what she had heard. Earlier on in the day, she went up to see her father, the king of Hyrule. He told her how Ganon had escaped from the Sacred Realm, and has forged a sword with such great evil that even The Master Sword could not penetrate. It was called the Sword of Tears. With this in mind, nothing can stop Ganon, not even Link.

Link was speachless. He was standing there, with a blank expression, in awe.

“How is that possible?” Asked Link. “I sealed Ganon away in the Sacred Realm forever! He couldn’t have possibly escaped without help by someone.”

“They say Aghanim helped Ganon escape, by using almost the same spell he used to open a link between the Dark World and the Light World.” Explained Zelda “But even still, his magic is far surperior then anyone I’ve seen.”

Link let out a sigh of distrought.

“…This can’t be happening.” Link said, horrified. “I need to cool off for a bit.”

Link made his way to the castle gate. He signaled the gatesman, as he lowered the gate.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Juli on February 20, 2004, 12:51:33 PM

Juli on
JuliGood! I like your writing and the way your grammer isn't awful like some other stories.