Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - Chapter 2: An Unsuspected Visitor

My story I made. Related a bit to zelda. All characters are copywrited by Nintendo.

Chapter 4 - Chapter 2: An Unsuspected Visitor

Chapter 4 - Chapter 2: An Unsuspected Visitor
Chapter 2

While Link was riding Epona through the endless greens of Hyrule, he felt that something, someone was watching him. He didn't know who or where they were, he just felt that he was not alone. He tried to ignore his intuition by looking at the great maple trees and Death Mountain in the distance, but it didn't seem to help. Looking at scenery wouldn't help Link at this point in time.
He gazed back into the plains of Hyrule and saw nothing. But just as he turn back to watch where he was steering Epona, he felt a cold chill travel down his spine. He now knew that he wasn't alone.

"Hai!" Link yelled as he stopped Epona in her tracks.

Hopping off of Epona, Link readied his sword. He turned in circles trying to pinpoint where his enemy lay. Getting impatient, Link slowly put away his sword, and left himself vunerable. As Link went to turn around to hop back ontop of Epona, a sword was placed beneath his neck. Any false move could be fatal. He looked to the right and saw a dark figure.

The creature stared into Link's eyes, as if it was looking for something. It lowered its blade away from Link's neck and began to speak.

"You..." It said. "You look like me."

Link stared into it's crystal red eyes. He couldn't make out the face at all, it was hidden behind shadows. the figure itself resembled him. His shield was black, and a bit rounded on the front, but had the same outer shape as the Hylian Shield Link defends himself with. His clothes were the same, except this creature's was completely grey and black. The Sword it weilded was a long, smooth, thick blade with a very sharp edge and was tinged blue coloured. It radiated with an eerie dark glow. The handle was black, and it held a crafted eyeball, placed there by the blacksmith who made the sword. Underneath the eye on the sword handle, was a red tear. It looked as if it were crying blood.

"Who are you?" Link asked.

"I..." Said this creature "...Am Dark Link"

Dark Link raised his blade, and twirled it around with his hand, then placed into its sheath. He backed away from Link and headed off into the opposite direction.

"Wait!" Yelled Link as he ran to catch up with Dark Link.

Dark Link swirled around and withdrew his sword, pointing it at Link's face.

"You go no further." Hissed Dark Link

To these words, Link withdrew his blade and knocked aside Dark Link's sword. Dark Link's sword twirled through the air, landing with a thud a few yards away.

"The Sword of Tears!!" Cried Dark Link.

The Sword of Tears? Link asked himself. Isn't that the evilest of all swords?

Link made a mad dash towards the sword on the ground. Noticing this, Dark Link teleported towards the sword and picked it up before Link managed to get a grasp on it. He then readied his shield and was ready for combat. Link backed off and grabbed his Hylian shield from his back, then raised his sword, also ready for combat.

Both Links exchanged looks while the sun went down over Death Mountain. The wind was picking up making leaves whirlwind about and trees topple over. They both kept a stern eyesight on each other, waiting for a move, waiting for an opening.

Dark Link’s sword began to glow a pale light yellow, while electricity sparked around it. Bracing himself, Link placed his Hylian Shield infront of him, and his sword straight out behind him, for a counter-attack. A bolt of energy swept beneath Link’s feet from Dark Link’s sword, knocking him on his back. Link rolled to his side, sprang up, and made a slice for Dark Link’s chest. A heavy vibration went through his sword, as he found himself weakened, struggling to hold his sword in his hand. Dark Link came lashing out with a heavy blow to Link’s stomache, with his foot. Link dropped his sword and shield, and keeled over, holding himself. DarkLink raised his sword up into the air, about to give Link his final blow. He aimed his sword for his side, and stabbed forward.

Suddenly, something held him back. Dark Link couldn’t extend his arm all the way, and couldn’t move any closer towards Link. A voice began to speak, coming from the rolling mountains far off into the distance.

“The time… has… not yet come” It said. Link looked up into Dark Link’s eyes. Dark Link hissed at Link, and said

“Next time, theres no holding back!” He turned around and disappeared into nothingness.

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

SailorMars on May 8, 2004, 1:36:17 AM

SailorMars on
SailorMarsPlease don't stop writing, I like to know what happens next

Juli on February 20, 2004, 12:53:44 PM

Juli on
JuliNice! This story is really good! You really should write another chapter.

Savoria_the_dark_one on November 25, 2003, 9:29:37 PM

Savoria_the_dark_one on
Savoria_the_dark_onegrrr... you stopped. keep writing! I like it so far. I'm a Zelda fan!