Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Phaze

15-year old Seth is a boy living a difficult life. Average grades, not the most athletic, and the love of his life doesn't love him back. But his life changes when he gets mixed up with Dark Samus, and get corrupted.

Chapter 1 - Phaze

Chapter 1 - Phaze
Chapter One- Phaze

"His heart rate is returning,sir."
"I see. I'll come back in a few minutes. Explain the situation to him."
"Sir, yes sir!"
Seth opened his eyes, and at first he saw a blinding light, but then the light shut off and a man in a bio suit was standing before him. He looked at his arm, which had an I.V. in it, and his bandaged arm, which was completely markless. Around him was a massive amount of technology, and a few sharp tools on the wall. "YHAAAA!" he screamed.
"Take it easy, boy!" said the man. "You're still recovering!"
"Where the hell am I?!" Seth exclaimed, jumping out of the bed. But as he touched the floor, he collapsed.
"Take it easy, I said," the man repeated. "Half of your body is still unresponsive since the Phazon entered your body. In fact, it's been two months. But don't worry, our quarantine chambers have kept you clean as a whistle, and in a month or you, you'll-"
"TWO MONTHS?! I've been in this place for two months?!" Then Seth paused for a moment, then asked the man what had happened to him.
"Well, the quarantine staff will be notified of the memory failure in this chamber. Anyway, you were attacked by Dark Samus Aran, or DSA. Of all the people actually hit by the blast of Phazon, you were the only survivor."
"Me-? Wait, what about Yuufa?!"
"She's fine, thanks to you. If she was hit, she probably wouldn't have survived. But you shouldn't do that again. Because next time you won't be so lucky. Now, I have one question, and I want an answer. What did DSA say when it faced Yuufa?"
Seth pondered for a moment, but remained silent. "I don't remember. DSA, facing Yuufa..."
Then it flashed in his head.

"Aran!" Dark Samus roared as it faced Yuufa.
"Time to die, Aran!" it said, and it unleashed a burst of energy at Yuufa.

"It called her Aran!"
"Aran?" the man shook his head. "That DSA is a little screwed in the hea-"
"What?" asked Seth.
"Oh, no..." the man took a book from the shelf, and flipped through the pages. "Aran, Aran, Aran... There we go! Oh god..."
"What?"
"You aren't going to believe this, but..."
"But what?!"
"Yuufa is in grave danger. She's somehow related to Samus Aran, and DSA believes that she is the only way to get Samus to try and go after it. Seth, I need you to come with me, to see the admiral. I'll explain your condition on the way." He pulled out a hoverchair from the wall, and set it in motion. As soon as Seth climbed into it, it followed the man immediately.
"So," said the man, flipping through the pages of a clipboard. "Seth, age 15, lost your parents to the space pirates, and was attacked by the DSA. Your condition is going to take another month to recover, and by then, your school will be back up, so falling behind will be no problem for you.
"You are the fifth one with a Phazon miracle; like Samus, Gorr, Rundas, and Galdraya, your body self generates Phazon. It's mixing with your blood, and it's pumping itself throughout your body. Though this can be a bad thing later on if we don't purge it, it has many good side effects. For example, your bones are covered by another protective layer, so they can't be broken unless a very strong force acts on it. Your athletics are boosted, as well as your IQ, which has almost recached near Year 10 status."
"That's a good thing?"
"Very good. You're already a year ahead in your work."
"Any bad things?" asked Seth, waiting for the bad news.
"Only if people are scared to go near someone that's living Phazon."
Seth chuckled a little. "No one notices me much anyway." Then the words he spoke made him feel empty inside, and then the words Yuufa said returned to him. It's like any memory involving Yuufa comes back, but nothing else. He felt like crap. But maybe this damn memory could have stayed out...
"Seth, I'd like to introduce you to the Admiral."
Seth looked up, and was facing a man in white clothing. Though his age made him seem old, he was still pretty young. "Hello, sir," Seth told him. He saluted, but his arm was a little shaky. I can't believe I'm standing, or sitting, before the greatest man alive! he thought. I will definetly remember this!
"Hello, Seth," said the Admiral. "I see you're making a miraculous recovery after that blast."
"I didn't think I'd make it," he said. "In fact, I actually hoped for death when I was hit."
"Maybe that's why you're recovering so slow. Samus took a blast much like yours, yet in hours, she recovered."
"Samus has a metroid inside her, she's sporting the Varia suit, and she's encountered Phazon many times before."
"True. You are currently in space, on the Galactic Federation ship. Your condition on Earth defeated every veteran doctor around, so you were launched here, where our veteran doctors took care of you. You have another month to wait before we will bring you back home, but we need to explain to you what you will do, while we create a serum to purge your Phazon. Follow me to a room more private. What I'm about to tell you is more classified than Area 51 on Earth."
When the reached the room, the door sealed itself twelve times. Very classified, then, thought Seth.
"Okay, listen here. Your Phazon abilities can make you the perfect guardian, which is what you'll be."
"What? Guardian?" asked Seth.
"For Yuufa."
"Yuufa? Why her?" Then Seth remembered the man's words.

Yuufa is in grave danger. She's somehow related to Samus Aran, and DSA believes that she is the only way to get Samus to try and go after it.

"Ok, so give me a more specific explanation about Yuufa than what the man back at the lab gave me."
"I hope you're ready for a long, difficult speech. But with your enchanced mind, you should be more patient." The Admiral cleared his throat. "Yuufa was one day found in a burning building by Samus Aran. Space pirates killed her family, as well as yours. You and her were both ten when this all happened. When an agency tried to take Yuufa, Samus said that this was her daughter, thus sealing her fate. Samus used her money to get Yuufa a good home, where she lived alone, learned all house skills by herself, much like you. But the money used for your house was from a fortune left by your parents.
"DSA has been trying to track Yuufa, to use her as a means of luring Samus in. If DSA was to get a hold of Yuufa, Samus could die. We've been looking for someone who could be a guardian for Yuufa, but we couldn't find anyone who could survive a blast from DSA. Then you came here. Seth, would you be able to protect Yuufa with your life?"
"Forgive me, Admiral, but why the hell are you asking me that? I've done that already." Seth smiled.
The Admiral grinned. "Of course, how could I forget? Well, then," he handed Seth a badge. "Welcome to the Galactic Federation army. But, keep this hidden, because we don't want this spreading across Earth that we made an underage boy a soldier. Also, take these." He also handed Seth a uniform that the other soldiers wore, a strange looking chip, and a gun the soldiers used.
"The gun fires a blast similar to the power beam. The chip is to be embedded into the gun, and you can press a button that will help you enter a PED state, where you can use your Phazon as a weapon. The uniform is to be used to hide your identity when you are guarding Yuufa. Of course, she will already know it's you, but no one else should know. This stuff was created within the two months you were here. It has two names: Project Phaze, and D.N.ARAN."
"This is incredible!" exclaimed Seth. "I was going to have to wait three years, but already I'm a Galactic Fed!"
"Good luck, soldier."
Seth saluted the Admiral. "I will do my best, and harder!"
"Don't tell me that," said the Admiral with a smile. "Tell that to Yuufa."

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

thornthecat on February 29, 2008, 1:24:00 PM

thornthecat on
thornthecatwhoa. awesome! ^^
great work! :D

TehShugoChan on February 29, 2008, 1:42:51 PM

TehShugoChan on
TehShugoChanThank you ^^