Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - Truth

15-year old Seth is a boy living a difficult life. Average grades, not the most athletic, and the love of his life doesn't love him back. But his life changes when he gets mixed up with Dark Samus, and get corrupted.

Chapter 4 - Truth

Chapter 4 - Truth
Chapter 4- Truth

"Y-You're-!"
Seth went speechless. First time on the job, and already Yuufa knows. Aww, man, not already! thought Seth.
"You're Seth!" exclaimed Yuufa.
"Not so loud!" whispered Seth. "No one was supposed to know!"
"What are you doing, Seth?! You could've gotten killed by that guy! Don't act so courageous like that again, oka-"
Seth held up his federation badge. "I'm a Fed. I'm supposed to protect you from anything or anyone that attacks you, like Rhundas, the bounty hunter that just attacked us. Listen." He sat down, and so did Yuufa.
"That Phazon attack," said Seth, "was meant for you. DSA, or Dark Samus Aran, was trying to kill you half a year ago."
"Isn't that the hunter that my-"
"Mother, yes, I know. Yeah, and DSA thought that killing you, or capturing you, would have forced Samus to go after it. I didn't know any of this, I was only keeping a promise I made a year ago, and for specific reasons."
Yuufa smiled at Seth. "Come on, Seth. I know why you took that hit. You shouldn't try to hide it."
Seth blushed. "Uh-anyways, now I've made a promise to the Feds, and it's the same promise I made; To protect you, Yuufa.
"But they had to find a way to control the Phazon streaming through my body. This suit can use the Phazon in my body as a weapon. It's pretty much like the Elite Feds, with PDA and the gun and such. But this suit was made partly from materials from the Phazon planet, Phaze. This suit is their Project Phaze, or D.N.ARAN.
"Rhundas was just the start of trouble. Now I know DSA will be sending more at you, and they're going to be stronger. That's why I have to train, to get stronger, to protect you."
Yuufa didn't say anything, but after a few seconds, she smiled again. "You're trying to play the role of a hero, aren't you, Mr. Guardian?" she asked him.
Even though Seth was blushing, he still had a serious look on his face. "No, Yuufa. I'm no hero."

"Samus Aran," said the Admiral in the war room. "Seth's suit has suffered damage. PDA was activated, and the damage affected his suit's temperature. It dropped, so the attacker was definetly Rhundas. Help him out. And if Rhundas is gone, get him and Yuufa out. His armor is still, so that makes me think he could be..."
Samus nodded, and dashed out of the room, headed towards the docking bay.

The ground began to shake again. "Oh no, not again!" said Seth. "Rhundas? No, the ground didn't shake like this. Could it be, is it DSA already?!"
"Aran..."
"What?!" Seth looked around, and DSA's arm cannon was aimed at Yuufa's throat. "Aran."
Yuufa wasn't speaking. But Seth could read her eyes. Save me...
Eventually, after ten seconds, Yuufa passed out in fear, and DSA grabbed her arm. "Aran!"
"Let... her... go... NOW!" Seth fired a flash of light at DSA.

"I'm reading large amounts of Phazon, Samus!" shouted the Admiral over Samus's COM. "It's Dark Samus! Hurry!"
Without having to be told twice, Samus jerked the wheel forward, and her ship was darting towards Earth as fast as it would allow. "His vital signs are going mad! Hurry up, dammit!"

"Yuufa..."
"W-wha...?"
"Yuufa... Are you okay?"
"S-Seth?" Yuufa opened her eyes, and she faced a terrible sight; Seth's armor was torn in several spots, his gun arm was bleeding, and Seth was looking through half-opened eyes.
"Are you okay, Yuufa?" he asked her.
"I'm fine... But what about you? We need to tend to those wound ver soo-"
She was interrupted by Seth blacking out, and falling down on her. "Seth? Seth?! Seth!" she cried.

Is this the life you want, Aran?
"Why the hell are you calling me Aran? I'm not Yuufa!"
Answer my question. Is this the life you want. Do you want to keep risking your life everyday for this girl? She doesn't love you back, and look what protecting her did to you. Breaking a promise wouldn't hurt, y'know.
"Listen. Maybe you've never loved before. But that doesn't mean you should act like I shouldn't love."
Then Seth never heard from the voice after that.
When Seth woke up, he was at the school's infirmary, and all of his friends were gathered around him. "What?" he asked, smiling. "You've never seen me in the infirmary? You've missed out a lot, then."
His friends began to laugh, and when Seth looked at Yuufa, her eyes told Seth, "Thank you."
"How you gonna play Defense if you can't even get out of bed, Seth?" asked Keough.
"Hey, don't worry. You got Yuske, and Yuufa."
"Don't be putting me in this," snapped Yuske.
It was getting late, and everyone was leaving the school, the cafeteria was shut down for repairs, and later that day, when everyone left, Yuufa came back and sat next to Seth.
"I thought you left with the others," said Seth.
"No," said Yuufa. "I can't leave my guardian angel behind now, can I?"
Seth turned a bright red. "Angel?!"
"You're gonna find this strange," said Yuufa. "I keep having this dream, how you're on the ground, about to die, and then you have this beautiful white wing. I keep rejecting it, but the dream keeps coming back to me. It makes me wonder if you could be, one of the heroes of our galaxy."
"That's never going to happen," said Seth. "I told you, I'm no hero."
"You shouldn't say that, Seth!" snapped Yuufa. "Look what you've put on the line to save me. Only a hero could do that." THen she yawned. "Well, I'm going to go home, and get some rest. See you tomorrow."
"Goodnight," said Seth, as she closed the door. Then he began to wonder about that dream. There's no way I could be him, he thought. There's absolutely no way I could be the One-Winged Angel.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment