Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 7 - More Than a Friend

15-year old Seth is a boy living a difficult life. Average grades, not the most athletic, and the love of his life doesn't love him back. But his life changes when he gets mixed up with Dark Samus, and get corrupted.

Chapter 7 - More Than a Friend

Chapter 7 - More Than a Friend
Chapter 7- More Than a Friend

Yuufa... How long do I have to hide my feelings for you?
"Seth..."
I'm tired of hiding my emotions. I'm just afraid of what you'll say to me.
"Seth."
I'll wait for the right time. But I have been waiting forever; when is the right time?
"Hey, Seth!"
So God, when is the right time?
"Seth! Look out!"
Seth shook his head and looked ahead, and a soccer ball smacked him in the face, and he fell back onto the ground. "Ow, damn..." groaned Seth.
"Seth, you okay?" asked Yuske. "We called you three times before you responded."
"Yeah," said Seth. "I just spaced out. The ball hasn't come to the defense line in forever." He got up, brushed the dirt off his face, and shook his head. "Damn, who kicked that?"
"I did," said Keough. "How badly did it hurt?"
"Take a look, does it look like it hurt?" asked Seth.
"Meh, you shouldn't have spaced out."
"Why you little-!"
Seth focused throughout the rest of the game. He even launched the ball so hard it almost hit Keough from a far distance. And after practice, like every day, he goes to the park with Yuufa to tend to the trees and flowers. After the first week, he was doing really well with doing his part. But after what Keough said, everytime, he turns red when he's too close to her. And at night, he would stay awake an hour longer, thinking about Yuufa and how and when he's going to tell her his feelings.

Yuufa woke up and sat up straight, breathing heavily. "What-what was that dr-dream...?" she asked herself. "I saw Seth, and he said, he-" she shook her head. "It had to be a dream, yeah. It was- all a-" She sighed. "I need to talk to Seth. How long am I going to keep it in about him..." She looked at her clock. 3:30. He probably wouldn't be very happy if I woke him, but I need to talk to him.

Seth splashed some water on his face, and looked up in the mirror. Again, he saw the same figure on his mirror. Get over it, Seth. You aren't a legend! There's nothing about you worth being a legend, so just forget about it.
Then he heard footsteps outside approaching his house. He jumped into some clothes, and looked out of his balcony. Yuufa was coming up to his house. At 3:30 in the morning? What's she doing out here at this time of night?
He leaned over his balcony more to see her, and his hands slipped. "Crap!" he shouted as he fell into the bushes.
"Seth?" asked Yuufa. She ran up to the bushes, and she saw Seth. "What did you do?"
"I just slipped off my balcony, that's all," said Seth. His vision got used to the darkness, and he realized how close Yuufa was, and turned red.
"Did you land on your face? Your face is all red," said Yuufa.
"Uh- no," said Seth, getting out of the bushes. "I'm just- what are you doing out this late?"
"Well- what are you doing up this late?"
"Uh- well I-"
They both paused for a moment, and at the same time, said, "I need to to talk to you."
Seth turned red, and Yuufa looked away. "Park?" Seth asked Yuufa.
"Yeah."

The park seemed more beautiful at night, with the street lamps beaming down on the trees, and the moonlight reflecting on the lake. "So, what do you want to talk about, Seth?" asked Yuufa.
"There's so much I want to talk about. One thing is the dream you told me about. You know, the one where you saw me as the One-Winged Angel? It's just, I'm getting that dream now, everytime, like you passed it on to me. And I can never get enough sleep at night because of it. What about you?"
Yuufa looked up in the sky, and sighed. "I had this dream tonight, that you told me- that you liked me."
Seth stared at Yuufa in amazement. "What?"
"I know, it sounds weird, but this is just like the One-Winged Angel- I can't figure out if it's a dream or a vision..."
Seth sighed. "No point in hiding it."
"What?"
"It's a vision, because it's true. I do like you, Yuufa."
"Wh-what? You mean- as a friend, right?"
"That, yes, and more. I was waiting so long for the right time to tell you, but God just hasn't given me that time yet; until now, I guess. I was afraid you wouldn't feel the same about me." Seth stood up and turned around. "I think I've said too much. See you, Yuufa."
But as he walked away, Yuufa grabbed his hand. "Wait, Seth " she said. "Maybe you aren't the only one that felt the same way."

</>ADMIRAL: Samus, you should see this</>
</>ADMIRAL has sent you a camera location</>
Samus looked at the camera location, and she saw Seth and Yuufa.
</>SAMUS: Have you been spying on these two</>
</>ADMIRAL: No, I have to keep watch on Seth every second, remember</>
</>SAMUS: End the transmission on your camera</>
</>This does not involve you, so end it</>
</>ADMIRAL: Fine, just this once</>
</>Camera channel 361 transmission: CUT</>


"Yuufa, you really mean what you just said?" asked Seth.
Yuufa nodded. "Does this have anything to do with me being D.N.ARAN?" Seth asked her.
"No," said Yuufa. "You're an incredible person, Seth. Your grades are average, but that doesn't matter. You're not the most athletic, but then again, neither am I. And you're so caring towards yor friends, and you're willing to do almost anything for your friends. You've proved your dedication towards your friends when you stood in the way of that laser that was meant for me. You protected me from Rhundas, and Gorr, and no one can ask for more in a friend. But if we feel the same way about eachother, then maybe..." She held out her hand.
Seth smiled, and took her hand, and hugged her. "Yuufa..."
"Seth..."
Seth looked up into the sky and smiled. Thank you, God. Thank you for giving me the chance.
"So, I'll see you tomorrow?" Seth asked her. "We have a game tomorrow."
Yuufa nodded, waved, and headed home. Seth did the same. But Seth was delayed by seeing Keough taking pictures of the moon, and many other environments. "So we have a real photographer, don't we now, Keough?" Seth asked him.
Keough jumped, saw Seth, and hid his camera. "D-Don't say anything, okay?"
"Sure," said Seth. "I'm in a good mood. Well, see you at the game."
Keough smiled. So, you finally got your dream become reality, eh?

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment