Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - The Beginning

A mystery. Something happens at the Institute, and the only ones who are actually doing something about it are the two that everyone least expects.

Chapter 1 - The Beginning

Chapter 1 - The Beginning

"Professor! Professor!" Kitty Pryde ran downstairs as fast as she could, calling for Professor Xavier, but the only answer she got was nothing but silence. She ran to the professor''s study, and she found someone there that she didn''t expect. Kurt Wagner looked at Kitty when she came in. His eyes held a look of fear in them; a fear that Kitty had never seen in his eyes before.

"I-I didn''t do it, Kitty..." He told her. "I swear I didn''t...Please believe me..." Kitty looked at him confusedly as well as a little worried. What could have scared him like this?

"Like, what are you talking about, Kurt?" Kitty asked. "What''s wrong?"

"I swear it wasn''t me..." Kurt stated, shaking his head. "I swear..." It was then that Kitty saw books strewn about the floor and papers and other things lying about everywhere, and almost everything was splattered with blood. Then, Kitty saw that Kurt had blood on his hands, and his pants were also splattered with blood.

"Kurt! What did you do?!" Kitty exclaimed. Kurt took a couple steps back, frightened even more than he already was.

"I-I didn''t do anything!" He answered, sounding utterly terrified. "It wasn''t me! I swear! Please believe me, Kitty! Please!"

"Where''s the professor?" Kitty demanded. Kurt stepped back again with his tail between his legs, and this time, he tripped and fell on the floor.

"I don''t know!" He told her. Kitty went over to him and grabbed him by the front of his shirt.

"I know you had something to do with this, Kurt!" She snapped. "I knew you would someday turn on us, you demon!" Kurt''s eyes went wide and filled with tears at this.

"I-I would never turn on any of you!" He exclaimed. "I had nothing to do with any of this! Why don''t you believe me?!"

"It''s kind of hard to believe someone who has blood on them!" Kitty quipped. "What did you do with Professor Xavier?!"

"I didn''t do anything to him!" Kurt replied. "I was trying to save him from the real monster!" Kitty then slapped him hard across the cheek.

"You''re lying!" She snarled. "I can''t believe a single word that comes out of your mouth now, Kurt! I can''t trust you anymore! You''re nothing but a lying demon!" At that, Kurt finally just broke down and cried.

"I''m not a demon..." He sobbed. "I''m not...I didn''t do anything to the professor. I would never...never do anything to hurt the professor...or anyone else..." He lay down on the floor and just cried nonstop.

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

jesusrox on December 7, 2006, 12:10:03 AM

jesusrox on
jesusroxpoor Kurt. I belive him...

Ten_chan on July 6, 2006, 11:16:03 AM

Ten_chan on
Ten_chanI apologize for this chapter being so short. It seemed longer when I was writing it, but the next chapter is longer, I assure you. ^-^