Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Secrets

A mystery. Something happens at the Institute, and the only ones who are actually doing something about it are the two that everyone least expects.

Chapter 2 - Secrets

Chapter 2 - Secrets

When Kitty realized how upset Kurt was, she felt guilty about the things she''d said, but she couldn''t help but wonder if he really was telling the truth. She pulled out a handkerchief and used it to gently wipe away Kurt''s tears.

"Shh...stop crying, Kurt. Please?" She said to him gently. "I totally just can''t stand to see you cry. It, like, totally makes me want to cry, too. So please don''t cry anymore, Kurt, okay?" Kurt looked at her and sniffled pathetically.

"You really hate me, don''t you?" He stated. "You were just waiting for an opportunity like this; an opportunity to blame me for something bad, just because I look like a demon. You''re just like everyone else! You''re just like them!" With that, Kurt got to his feet and just ran out of the room in tears. He ran past Jean, who watched his retreating back worriedly before heading in the direction she''d seen him coming from. When she found Kitty in Professor Xavier''s study, she figured that it was Kitty who''d gotten Kurt so upset.

"Kitty, what did you say to Kurt to make him so upset?" She asked. Kitty looked at her and sighed.

"Well...the professor''s missing, and I kind of, like, blamed it on Kurt and...and called him a demon..." She answered. Jean''s eyes went wide.

"Kitty! You know that Kurt wouldn''t hurt a fly!" She exclaimed. "How dare you accuse him of doing anything to harm Professor Xavier! Kurt is one of the sweetest, most gentle people here, and you know that! You had no right to accuse him of something like that without any proof that he had even done anything at all! He could''ve just been in the wrong place at the wrong time! You shouldn''t jump to conclusions like that!" Kitty looked at Jean seriously.

"Jean, he had blood on his hands and, like, splattered on his pants, and he was just, like, standing there, and I totally didn''t see the professor anywhere." She stated. "What was I supposed to think?! The professor''s gone! Kurt''s standing there with blood on his hands and his pants! It all seems kind of, like, suspicious, don''t you think?" Jean shook her head.

"No, Kurt wouldn''t hurt Professor Xavier, and I know it." She remarked. "He''s as dangerous as a marshmallow, Kitty. Just because he looks like a demon, it doesn''t mean he is one. He''s completely harmless..."

"Yeah, that''s, like, what you told me when I first met him." Kitty commented. "He''s completely harmless. You didn''t see him just a little while ago, Jean, standing there with blood on him."

"The Kurt I saw just now was a broken-down wreck!" Jean snapped. "His face was streaked with tears, and the tears were still coming! He definitely didn''t look like a deadly killer to me! He''s probably in his room right now, crying his heart out, and Scott''s probably with him, doing his best to try to calm poor Kurt down. Kitty, I think you should go apologize to Kurt. Now." Kitty sighed and left the room, and minutes later, she was outside Kurt''s room. Through the door, she could hear Kurt sobbing, and she could hear Scott''s attempts at words of comfort, which didn''t seem to be much help at all. She then knocked on the door, and it was Scott who opened the door, and he didn''t look happy to see Kitty.

"I don''t think he really wants to see you right now, Kitty." He stated. "Not after what you said to him. He''s a complete wreck. You should be ashamed of yourself for upsetting him like this." Kitty sighed.

"Believe me, I do feel guilty about making him cry like that." She replied. "I, like, totally wasn''t thinking. Please can I talk to him?" Scott shook his head.

"He''s already told me himself that he doesn''t want to talk to you." He told her. "I''ll take a message and give it to him for you." Kitty sighed.

"Just...tell him I said I''m sorry and that I didn''t mean what I said." She said. "And...and tell him...that there''s something I need to talk to him personally about later tonight and that he should meet me in the tv room at 11:00." Scott nodded.

"I''ll tell him, and I''ll let you know what he says." He acknowledged. With that, he closed the door and went back to Kurt, and he told him what Kitty had said. Later that night, Kitty was waiting in the tv room when Kurt came in, and she smiled when he entered.

"Hey, Kurt!" She greeted, keeping her voice low so as not to disturb anyone else. Kurt didn''t answer, and Kitty noticed that he wasn''t acting like himself. He seemed rather sad and lonely, and she noticed that his tail was as lifeless as a piece of rope, dragging behind him on the floor. Kitty frowned when she noticed this.

"Kurt, you''re not still upset about what I said before, are you?" She asked. Kurt looked at her sadly, and the look in his pale yellow eyes made her feel ever more guilty than she already was.

"Oh, Kurt, don''t look at me like that." She stated. "I''m really sorry. I didn''t mean what I said."

"I forgive you, Kitty, but it still hurts..." Kurt told her. "What did you want to talk to me about now?"

"Well, I don''t really think anyone''s really going to, like, be doing much about the professor going missing." Kitty remarked. "So you and me are going to have to, like, take matters into our own hands, but we can''t tell anyone else what we''re up to, or they might put a stop to it, and the professor would be in more trouble than he already probably is. So this is our little secret, okay, Kurt?" Kurt nodded.

"Right, our little secret." He acknowledged. "It''s sort of like we''re going to be detectives." Kitty nodded, smiling.

"Yeah, you''re right!" She remarked. "So, Detective Kurt, what do you say we go to bed?"

"I think that sounds like a wonderful idea, Detective Kitty." Kurt replied, smiling. "Good night."

"Good night." Kitty answered. Then, the two of them went to bed. However, neither of them noticed that they were being watched from the shadows.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment