Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - It Takes A Demon To Find A Demon

A mystery. Something happens at the Institute, and the only ones who are actually doing something about it are the two that everyone least expects.

Chapter 3 - It Takes A Demon To Find A Demon

Chapter 3 - It Takes A Demon To Find A Demon

Once he'd gotten back to his room and had settled down in bed, Kurt couldn't fall asleep. He lay awake in bed, staring up at his ceiling. Questions kept drifting through his mind, and all of them revolved around the same three things; Professor Xavier, the thing that had taken the professor, and Kitty. His thoughts about the professor and the thing that had taken him pretty much said nothing but 'Where could the professor be?', 'Is he okay?', 'Is he still alive?', and 'What was that thing that took him and why did it leave his wheelchair behind?' His thoughts about Kitty were much more complex, and main one was along the lines of 'Has Kitty really stopped accusing me of doing something to the professor?' It was thoughts like these that kept the German mutant up all night, and perhaps it was lucky they did. He took his eyes off the ceiling for a moment and saw red eyes glinting in the shadows. He immediately sat up and reached for the lamp on his bedside table, reaching to turn it on. By the time he'd gotten his light on, whatever had been in the shadows was gone, and in its place, was a wisp of black smoke. Kurt decided that he'd leave his light on for the night, in case whatever it was came back. The next morning, the first person Kurt went to was Kitty, and he told her what he'd seen that night; the red eyes glinting in the shadows and the wisp of black smoke. At first, Kitty didn't believe him, but she could see the honesty in his pale yellow eyes and decided that he really was telling the truth.

"So, like, what do you think?" She asked him. "What do you, like, make of those mysterious red eyes and that puff of black smoke?" Kurt shrugged.


"I don't know." He stated. "But I get the feeling that it's another mutant...one that's dangerous to all of us here at the Institute."

"But why would it, like, go to your room first?" Kitty inquired.

"Because I was the one who was there when the professor was taken." Kurt answered instantly. Then, he realized something.

"Come to think of it..." He remarked. "When the professor was taken, a cloud of black smoke had wrapped around him and taken him out the window. I think our mysterious mutant is the same one who took the professor, and it wants to eliminate all who know about it; all who were there and all who came seconds later. That means me and you." Kitty shuddered.

"Creepy..." She muttered. "Very creepy...So I'm going to die of second-hand smoke...That's so, like, totally what I was hoping to die of..." Kurt frowned at her.

"This isn't the time to joke, Kitty." He stated seriously. "We've got to be serious here or we may never see Professor Xavier again." Kitty held up her hands with her palms facing Kurt.

"Relax, Kurt." She told him. "I know we've got to be serious about this. I was just trying to lighten the mood, which is usually your job, Fuzzy, but you're not doing it." Kurt sighed.

"I'm just worried about the professor." He acknowledged. "It's hard to find something to laugh about when one of the few people who accepted you for who you are, despite the way you look, has suddenly gone missing." Again, unknown to Kurt or Kitty, there was something hiding in the shadows, watching them with red eyes that glinted slightly. Then, the eyes vanished, and a thin trail of black smoke filtered out of the shadows and slipped down through a crack in the floorboards, unnoticed by anyone.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment