Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - The Tennyson House

I just moved in today. The whole car ride I was queasy. Little did I know, this was going to be the best day of my life! With a neighbor who has the ability to turn into 10 different aliens, what can go wrong?

Chapter 2 - The Tennyson House

Chapter 2 - The Tennyson House
Ben led me to his house, which seemed pretty nice. The windows had grey tint on the shades and the house was a light brown. There was a large oak tree in the yard and a couple of bushes lining the windows.
"Nice!" I said when we walked in. A chandelier, not very big, but medium-sized, hung from the ceiling. I was fascinated with his house, but I kept looking back at the strange device clamped onto his left wrist. What could it be, I wondered.
When we entered Ben's room, his walls were covered in posters advertising a video game called, Sumo Slammers. They hid the light green paint underneath, which showed a little through the gaps.
"And, that's pretty much it. Are you surprised?" Ben asked me. Oh no! He had been telling me something! I was off in my own little world the whole time. I do that alot. My mind goes blank and nothing can snap me out of it unless they are done talking. It's like I focus out and tune into something else... Though I don't know what.
I was thinking quickly and sweating a little under the collar of my bright purple shirt."Y-yeah... What am I surprised about again?" I asked, "I'm sorry I just tuned out for a sec." That's what I call those blanks.
"Well, I just said that when I went camping last summer I found this-" Ben started, holding out the device on his arm, but he was cut off.
"Benjamin! Time for dinner!" I heard his mother call. His face went bright red. I could tell he didn't like it when his mother called him 'Benjamin'.
We went downstairs, and just as I was about to leave, Mrs. Tennyson noticed me. "Oh! Dear, I didn't know you were here! You must be the new neighbor!" She said.
"Olivia." I said, shaking her outstretched hand. "Well, I see you've met my Benjamin!" She added, messing up Ben's hair.
"Mo-om!" Ben groaned.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment