Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Old Friends

Violet is going to Australia to visit her grandma, and bumps into Mike at the airport. Mike feels like he’s ready to tell Violet how he feels about her but is for once scared of something. Rejection. Then, Violet goes to Mike's for dinner. What are t

Chapter 2 - Old Friends

Chapter 2 - Old Friends








At the airport, Violet was getting her luggage inspected. Security guards were scanning her bags for weapons, knives, scissors, nail clippers, and firearms. None of those were in there.



She had breakfast after that. She and her mother were starved. Goodness there was a Peacock Café near by. As her mother walked toward the McDonalds, a stranger accidentally crashed into Violet and her tote bag opened and books, MP3's and her iPod spread around the floor.



“I'm so sorry!” said the stranger said. “Are you alright?” He helped her pick up her belongings.



“I'm fine.” said Violet. She turned around. The stranger was no stranger what so ever.



“Do I remember you from somewhere?” she asked.



“You look familiar.” said the stranger.



“Mike?”



“Yeah?”



Wow! Thought Violet. He's hotter than ever!



“You look,” she had nothing to say. “Different.”



“Yeah,” said Mike. “I managed to change myself back.”



“So where are you going?” asked Violet.



“To breakfast.” said Mike.



“I meant, where you are going?”



“Oh,” said Mike. He thought for a while. “I'm here all alone.”



“Then have breakfast with me.” said Violet.



Mike was glad to be invited to eat with a cute girl. When she wasn't looking he blushed.







At breakfast Mrs. Beauregarde sat down, and waited for Violet. Then she came with Mike.



“Hey mom, remember Mike?”



“Mike Teavee?”



“Yeah.”



“Hi Mrs. B.” said Mike. “Where are you guys heading?”



“Actually, I'm flying by myself.” Said Violet.



“Where?” asked Mike.



“Australia.” Said Violet.



“Same here!” said Mike.



“Why?” asked Violet.



“I'm going home.” Said Mike.



“So you're here in Atlanta for vacation?” asked Mrs. Beauregarde.



“Yeah.” Said Mike. “I had fun.”



“Didn't you live in Denver?” asked Violet.



“Used to.” said Mike. “But my parents made me move over an obsession with kangaroos.”



“I believe that they have a shelf of antiques.” Said Mrs. Beauregarde.



“Actually, they have five, and he won't let me near them.” Said Mike.



“I don't blame him.” Said Mrs. Beauregarde.





“My mom doesn't let me near her trophies.” Said Violet.



“Neither do you.” Said Mrs. Beauregarde.



“What kind of trophies?” asked Mike.



“A little bit of everything.” Said Violet. The three just ate their breakfast in a long talk. Then in fifteen minutes, Violet's flight would take off.



Violet checked her bag one last time and bought a candy bar for the flight. She was going to be on it for nearly a day!



“We'll I highly doubt that your going to sit next to me.” Said Violet. “I'll be lucky if you drop by, so bye.”



“Yeah,” said Mike getting on the plane. “Bye.”



Then she relished that she had to get on. She hugged her mother.



“Have a great time!” she said. “Tell your grandma that I said hi.”



“Don't worry.” Said Violet. “I'll tell her.” Violet got onto the plane and gazed at her ticket. “Row thirty, seat A.” she mumbled. She finally found it and was shocked to see Mike next to her seat!



“Are you stalking me?” he asked surprised to see her again.



“No!” said Violet. “This is so weird.” Mike got out of his seat to let Violet in.



“Nice shoes.” He said.



“Thanks.” She said. “So you like the Gorillaz too.”



“Oh yeah.” Said Mike. “Especially `Feel Good Inc.' and `DARE'.”



“Those are my favorites.” Said Violet.



“Well do you like Green Day?”



“Duh.” Said Violet. “'American Idiot' and `Holiday'.”



“Those are my favorites too.” Said Mike.



“Linken Park?”



”'Breaking the Habit'.”



“Stop copying me!” she teased.



“Hey, I was here first.” Said Mike.



“So I wasn't able to see the rest of the tour. What happened after Veruca's incident?”



“I turned microscopic.” Said Mike. “Wonka came up with the most pointless invention ever. I wanted to prove that he was stupid and ended up like everyone else. It's great to be back.”



“Same here.” Said Violet. She didn't talk about how she felt. Mike confessed that he was teased and treated like taffy.



The plain took off. Violet looked out the window with amazement as they got high into the sky.



“What?” said Mike. “You've never been on a plain before?”



“Of corse I have.” Said Violet. “I just like the view.”



“So remember when we really first met?”



“In the snowfield before the tour. That was fun.”



“No it wasn't!” said Mike defending himself. “You threw a snowball at my back.”



“So?”



“It went down my back.”



“And then you tackled me to the ground.” Said Violet.



“But you got up and pinned me to the ice…”



“…and then you tackled me again by surprise but I still got you.” She finished.



First they talked and after that Veruca called Violet like she promised.



“Thanks for remembering…” said Violet. “Guess who's sitting next to me.”



“Orlando Bloom?” asked Veruca.



“No.” said Violet. “Mike Teavee.”



“Do you want to know my most honest opinion? You and Mike would make a great couple.”



“What makes you think that?”



“The music, the drinks, everything! Flirt with him.”



“Were just friends.” said Violet. “I don't want another heartbreak, Veruca. It hurts.”



“Well maybe he likes you. He's told me in his letters that he likes you.”



“What?” asked Violet. “Your joshing me right?”



“Nope.”



“And since when did he sent you letters?”



“Since we became pen pals. Just give him a chance. You guys could make it.”



Violet sighed. “I'll think about it.” She said. She yawned.



“Sleepy?” Veruca asked.



“Very…” said Violet feeling like she was about to shut her pure blue eyes.



“You should say good bye.” Said Veruca.



“Sorry,” said Violet. “I'm just so tired. I was urged to get up around four in the morning.”



“Well call me when you get to Australia.” Said Veruca. The call ended and Violet immediately took a nap dropping her phone in front of Mike. He picked it up. It looked like his cell. They had the same company, the same wallpaper and the same Gorillaz ringtone!



“Nice…” said Mike. He placed it on Sleeping Violet's lap.



Hours passed and Violet woke up from the sound of thunder. She turned to Mike.



“How long have I been asleep?” she asked him.



“Six hours precisely.” Said Mike.



The PA system turned on and the pilot spoke up. “Attention passengers, were going through a thunderstorm so please stay in your seats unless of corse if it's an emergency. Drinks won't be served for a while. Feel free to use DVD players and iPods and parents please calm down your small children. Loud screeches distract me. Thank you for your full attention.”



Violet looked out the window and saw a flash of lightning hit the ocean. It didn't hit the plane but it was next to the plane. Some kids started crying. She thought that she was about to barf. To calm down, she pulled out her moms DVD player and browsed the CD case for a movie. So many movies, so hard to pick which one to watch, she thought. She finally decided to watch Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. She put on her iPod headphones and played the movie. Mike peeked through. When Violet noticed that he was watching she took off the headphones.



“You wanna watch?” she asked.



“Sure.”


















Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

sammansonxdannyphantom on September 2, 2006, 1:47:41 AM

sammansonxdannyphantom on
sammansonxdannyphantomFLIRT!!!