Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Red Eye

Violet is going to Australia to visit her grandma, and bumps into Mike at the airport. Mike feels like he’s ready to tell Violet how he feels about her but is for once scared of something. Rejection. Then, Violet goes to Mike's for dinner. What are t

Chapter 3 - Red Eye

Chapter 3 - Red Eye






The long movie had ended and still the storm lingered and went on with it's actions. Violet wondered if the plane would crash. She pulled out a book she was currently reading and read where she left off.



He novel was long with over five hundred pages. She was on page three hundred seventy seven. When Mike noticed that she was reading his mouth dropped. He reached out into his bag and pulled out the same book!



“If I had a dollar for everything we have in common, I'd be a millionaire.” He said. Violet stopped reading and looked up.



“Think you can be richer than Veruca?” she asked.



“Sure.” Said Mike. “So you like horror novels?”



“How do you know?”



“I'm reading the same book.” Said Mike as he looked at the hardcover book; Saw: Jigsaw's Revenge.



“Did you see the movies?”



“Oh yeah,” said Mike shacking a little.



“You freaked out didn't you?”



“No.” said Mike. “C'mon, I'm a man and men are stronger than girls.”



“Prove it.” Said Violet. “Let's watch Red Eye and whoever shuts their eyes, or quivers in fear first will have to give the winner all their money.”



“It's so a deal, and once I get your money I'll be at the video arcade.” Said Mike smirking.



The movie began. It was about a girl on a plane sitting next to a guy and the guy has killed her dad. Mike expected Violet to shake but she didn't. Mike looked at her giving her the, `Girls can't win' look. His eyes weren't red but it Violet a little worried but she didn't want to lose, so she kept quiet



“Ah ha.” Said Violet. “You cracked!” She pulled out her hand. “Hand over the loot.” Mike pulled out of his pocket six dollars and eighty cents.



“No fair.” Said Mike. “How much money did you have?”



“About fifteen bucks.” Said Violet. She pulled out a pack of gum and started chewing on a piece.



“What happened to your record breaking peace?” Mike asked.



“My ex was telling me a joke while I was chewing on it. I laughed so loud that I started chocking on it and on accident, I swallowed it.”



“What was the joke?”



“There was a little boy who was curious about God so he asked his mother strait up, `Mom, is God a man or a woman?' She looks at him and says, `He's both.' `Mom? Is he black or white?' `He's both.' This confused the boy so he said, `Mom, is God gay or strait?'”



Mike snickered. “My god.”



“His mom said he was both and then she asked him, `Mom is God Michael Jackson?'”



The two teens cracked up wildly. The lady in the row in front of them turned around.



“Excuse me,” she said. “Please keep it down.”



“Sorry.” Said Mike still laughing.



He put on his iPod. Violet mistaken it for hers.



“Hey that's mine.” She said.



“No it aint.” Said Mike. Violet looked in her bag and saw hers right there.



“Ok,” she said. “We like the same music, have the same cells, and you have the same iPod.”



“I didn't know.” Said Mike. “And I wouldn't copy you anyway.”



“Whatever.” Said Violet listening to her own iPod.



The plane landed in Sydney. The polite spoke again.



“We have now landed in Sydney and those who are visiting welcome and those returning, welcome home. Please wait for the area to clear and thank you for flying Eagle.”



Violet walked down the hall next to Mike after squeezing through the crammed plane.



“Well it was nice sitting with you. Wouldn't it be weird if we saw each other again?”



“Oh yeah!” said Mike. “I'd be really surprised. Maybe we could do something.”



“Yeah.” Said Violet. First she got a snack because she was starved to death. She bought some Cheese Pants and ate them all. Then she walked off to the baggage claim to get her suitcase. She pulled it out of the machine and placed it down on the ground when she heard the sound of an old lady.



“Violet!”



Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment