Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - Flashbacks

Violet is going to Australia to visit her grandma, and bumps into Mike at the airport. Mike feels like he’s ready to tell Violet how he feels about her but is for once scared of something. Rejection. Then, Violet goes to Mike's for dinner. What are t

Chapter 4 - Flashbacks

Chapter 4 - Flashbacks




“Grandma!” said Violet who turned around and hugged the old lady gently.



“Look at you!” the old lady said with delight. “You've gotten so gorgeous! It's great to see you here! When I heard about the storm I got so worried! So let's go home and have dinner with the neighbors!”



“I sorda had something.” said Violet. Her stomach then yelled at her.



“But you're still hungry. But who can blame you? You spent one whole day on a plane. One bag of Cheese Pants won't do!”



Violet felt a little bit embarrassed at that time because she just had a bag of those -have to have- cheese pants. They exited the airport and entered the red PT Cruiser and drove off.



“Violet dear, please put up the sunroof. It's so beautiful and the sun is out.”



Violet reached up and pressed a black button with an opening window on it.



“So tell me how you got your own life back.”



“It's a long story.” Said Violet. “I got the mail and ran inside before the others got to throw food at me then I saw a fancy letter from Mr. Wonka and he wanted to give me something. I went there and he made me chew on a special piece of gum and nothing happened. The next day when I woke up to head home, I saw blonde hair and knew that something was different. I even screamed when I looked in the mirror. I was never so happy.”



“I'm proud.” Said Grandma. “I just hope that no one took it hard on you.”



“Oh no they didn't.” said Violet. She knew that lying to someone, especially a family member is a sin, but she didn't want to talk about those awful flashbacks. Then one of them came to her.



Violet was twelve when the European Circus came into Atlanta. She didn't want to see it because of how people would judge her, but her mother went out somewhere not telling her. Violet spent the whole day looking for her but couldn't find her anywhere. Even when she sucked up her gut to ask one of her mothers friends they would say, “I don't know” in a `I saw her but I'm not telling you where she is because your too freaky' look. Violet walked down the street and resumed her search. Then she heard someone.



“There you are!” yelled a man. He was wearing a black tuxedo with a top hat and a long silk cape. “How would you like a job?”



“I'm only twelve!” exclaimed Violet. She immediately knew that he was in the circus.



“I'll pay you twenty dollars an hour for one simple job.” He passed her a business card.



The Great DeVinchi

European Circus Freak Show

Phone: 1-407-8726

Fax: 3-908-5612



“It's a great show so don't miss it!”



Violet could feel herself crying again. It's been so hard living her life. No one would stop hurting her. She was alone.



“That's it!” Violet thought. “I had enough!” She was about to throw the card over her shoulder but then she had a better idea. She ripped the card in half and then she ripped it into fourths and let it fall onto the grass.



“Ah so that's the way you want it.” Said the man. He snapped his gloved fingers, and two big portly man cornered Violet.



Violet smiled. She knew the most perfect karate! She jumped up to kick the guy at her right but he grabbed her foot and twisted it. Violet shrieked in pain. She managed to pull away but fell into the arms of the second man. She tried yanking herself away but the mans grasp was strong as a black hole.



“Stop!” she yelled. “I don't want to be in your freak show. Let me go or I'll get the police!”



“They won't listen to you.” Said the man. “No one will you freak!”



Violet tried her best to escape. Because of her behavior the man holding her squeezed her tightly in a position that he liked to call `Master Lock'. Violet felt dizzy. She passed out.



Hours later, she woke up behind a curtain. There were people behind it gossiping on what they thought was going to happen. She got up and tried to tip toe off the stage but stopped moving. She realized that her hands were tied to two big sticks, like in King Kong. She tried to free herself but she couldn't reach either hand. The lights on the stage were making sweat fall from her face. She kept trying.



“I wouldn't do that if I were you!” It was the circus man from earlier. “Don't keep trying. You'll hurt your arms.”



Why am I here?”



“Because you're a freak!”



“So what? I may be different but I wasn't born like this!”



“But there's a reason why we brought you here. People paid thousands of dollars to see this. Something I'm proud to call, `Blueberry and the Beast', and everyone here is talking about it. They just can't wait.”



They heard clapping. The man ran out of they stage, crying with joy. Violet heard the roaring of a beast. It must have been a lion, then the curtain opened and she saw a lion. One that hasn't been fed for days. It was chained to the ground but it could still reach her. People started laughing when they saw her.



“This lion hasn't been fed in three days. It's chained to the ground by the strongest chains but it can still reach her; the blueberry freak who was happy to volunteer for us!” a Jester explained to the crowd.



“What?” Violet mumbled. “I did not!”



“Will she live?” asked the Jester. “Nobody knows! Who cares anyway?!” the audience laughed. The show began. The lion started charging toward her. All she could do was scream, so she did. Her scream caught someone's attention.



They Blue Man Group were walking outside the tent when they heard her. Their leader looked in and saw a girl, just like him, tied to two poles and about to get hurt; Maybe about to die! He told his tribe a plan he had in mind and they sprang into action.



Two men attacked the lion like two brave knights and their noble leader ran onto the stage and yelled, “STOP!”



He yelled so loud that even Helen Keller could hear him from Heaven.



“What is wrong with you people?” he was very angry. “Why are you judging people by their skin color? I thought that was settled! Look at you people! Look at yourselves! Imagine if that was you up there, with people laughing and booing at you! How would you feel?” He slowly untied Violet and made sure that she landed safely. He picked her up and held her, seeing her so scared, sad, and alone. “You all have to be ashamed of yourselves!”



He carried Violet over to his house. His gang took care of her. Hours later she woke up when she heard the leader singing: “Sure as a wave, needs to be near the shore. You are the one, I was intended for. Surly God, meant this to be assigned, where my life is forever yours, and you are mine.”



She looked in shock, seeing three blue skinned men looking at her. She thought that she was alone, but now she was among friends. She had all her hopes up, not knowing that their relationship was about the break her heart. It did when the leader dumped her. It was back to her lonely life again.



“Violet! Are you alright dear?” The flashback ended. Violet gasped.



“I'm fine.” Said Violet trying not to cry.



“Well I'm glad. And were finally home.” Violet saw a beautiful white house in front of her. She was amazed the most by the inside.



“Your house is beautiful.” Said Violet.



“Oh, thank you.” Said Grandma. “Just settle in and make yourself comfy. We'll be having dinner my next door neighbors in ten minutes.” Violet nodded her head. She carried her suitcase and settled into a nice room with a TV, a queen sized bed, and a bathroom with a separate bath and shower. She went back downstairs and went into the kitchen.



“I wonder…” she mumbled. She saw a knife for cutting steaks. Slowly and very carefully, she took the knife and poked her finger. Blue blood slowly came out. “I knew it.” She said. She gave it a lick. It was sour blood. She pressed a napkin against her finger and went into the bathroom to get a band aid. She put it on quickly.



“Violet Dear! Are you ready?” Violet dashed out of the bathroom.



“Yes, Grandma.” Said Violet. “So who are your neighbors?”



“Oh the Teavee family.”












Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment