Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - Dinner with the Teavee's

Violet is going to Australia to visit her grandma, and bumps into Mike at the airport. Mike feels like he’s ready to tell Violet how he feels about her but is for once scared of something. Rejection. Then, Violet goes to Mike's for dinner. What are t

Chapter 5 - Dinner with the Teavee's

Chapter 5 - Dinner with the Teavee's








The Teavee's doorbell rang as Violet heard a dog barking. She panicked.



“What's wrong?”



“They have a dog.” Said Violet. “I'm allergic to dogs.”



“It's OK Hon. It won't kill you.” The white door opened and standing there was a pregnant Mrs. Teavee.



“Rose!” she said. “This must be your Granddaughter.”



“This is Violet.” Said Rose.



“Wow, I recognize her from somewhere. She's so grown up. Come in.”



“Excuse me Tammy.” Said Rose. “Violet is allergic to dogs.”



“O let me handle that.” Said Tammy. Violet took a look at the dog. It was very odd looking, like it came from the moon, or maybe Mars. Its ears looked like the pigtails of a little girl. He also had an under bite and a curly tail. His fur was brown but his two front paws and its belly were wight. “Come on Taz.” The dog was lead to his cage in the laundry room.



“Hey Tammy!” Mr. Teavee called. “Something's going—“he was interrupted when he saw Violet, the girl his son liked walk through the door. “Wow, do I know you?”



“Yeah you do.” Said Violet. “At the Chocolate Factory.”



“Now I remember you! You're the girl who claimed that she was going to win but wasn't even close.”



“Well winning doesn't matter anymore.” Said Violet. “Where's Mike?”



“In the basement doing what he usually does.” Violet heard guitar music.



“Thanks.” She said walking down the stairs. Their basement was huge! It had framed movie posters and a wall of blinking lights meant to be stars. There was a huge TV set, three electric guitars and four game systems. Then she saw Mike, playing a black electric guitar with a Pirate Shull biting a dagger. He was singing and playing to himself Aerosmith's I Don't Want to Miss a Thing.



She sat down next to him. He stopped playing and looked up.



“Ok,” he said. “Tell me the honest truth. Are you stalking me?”



“No.” said Violet. “This is so weird! We keep seeing each other wherever we go.”



“Yeah it's pretty weird.” Said Mike.



“Don't you ever do any sports?” Violet asked seeing all sport free items.



“Bowling.” Said Mike.



“I love bowling.” Said Violet.



“No way.” Said Mike. “Do you wanna go to the Gorillaz theme park and go play a round?”



“That be awesome.” Said Violet. “Just don't go crying like a baby once I kick your butt.”



“Excuse me?” said Mike. “I'm going to win.”



“Wanna bet?”



“Not that again!” said Mike.



“Ok not money.” Said Violet. “If I win, you'll eat a bar of chocolate.”



“And if I win, you will have to eat my dad's spinach.”



“Deal.”



Violet noticed a huge stereo. She turned it on and the music blew like a hurricane. It was rock music. She started break dancing. Mike starred at her. She danced better than he did. He was really shocked. Mr. Teavee came down to tell Mike to turn down the music, he stopped and watched. Violet could flip, do the worm and spin on her head! They guessed that she was a big ball of talent.



“Shouldn't you two be jumping on the trampoline?”



“You have a trampoline?” asked Violet excitedly. “Why didn't you say so?” she dashed out side, pulled off her sneakers and started jumping, high as a kangaroo. Mike joined her a few minutes later. She taught him some tricks and flips. She tried to teach him one move that got a little out of hand. Violet fell to the ground and Mike fell on top of her. The moment was awkward. They had to say something or at least get up.



“You got your ear pierced?” asked Violet right when she noticed a little stone in Mikes right ear.



“Oh yeah.” Said Mike getting up.



“It looks cool.”



“Thanks.” Said Mike getting off the ground.



Violet stood up and did a flip in the air just for fun.



“Showoff.” Said Mike.



“Excuse me?”



“I can tackle you to the ground.”



“Show me.” Said Violet. Mike leapt into the air and a small cub fight began. Violet wrestled Mike to the ground.



“You still got it.” Said Mike. “Let me up.” Violet did. Mike tackled Violet by surprise and he won this time. He had her pinned to the ground.



“I win!” he said.



Violet wanted a defense. He was stronger than her.



“Well I let you beat me.” Said Violet. Mike raised an eyebrow.



“Ok!” Violet confessed. “You beat me! Now get off me before I pass out again!”



“Wait! You passed out?”



“Once.” Said Violet. “Ok let's drop the topic.”



“MIKE! VIOLET! DINNER!” Mrs. Teavee called.



“What's for dinner?” asked Violet.



“Lobster, shrimp, and scallops.”



“I never had seafood before.” Said Violet.



“You'll like it.” Said Mike.

They sat down with Mr. Teavee sitting on the end with everyone else on the sides and the feast began.



“So Violet,” said Mrs. Teavee. “Where you treated differently after the tour?”



“Oh yeah,” said Violet. “People were surprised. I was forced to quite a lot of clubs and my mom said no more sports, but I can't help it.”



“What sports do you play?” asked Mr. Teavee.



“Everything.” Said Violet. “From baseball to motor cross.”



“Isn't that a guys sport?”



“No.” said Violet. “The coach said yes.”



The dinner conversation went on. Violet loved the scallops and the shrimp. Mrs. Teavee gave her the recipe. They still had some time. Mike and Violet went outside with Dr. Salt and they just talked.



Then Violet had to walk back home. All night Mike watched her out his window. The night went by and Mike dreamed about her.



Violet was running with a heavy heart pounding. She was being chased by a monster. It was a vampire like beast. She cut through trees and wondered if they would go away. She tripped over a dirty tree stump and really hurt herself. She couldn't move. She was surrounded. She screamed bloody murder, praying that someone would hear her. She was lucky because a sixteen year old boy jumped in front of her and fought off the beast. He used his strength to fight it off and he won. Then it started to storm.



“Mike…” Violet mumbled. “I lo—“



She was caught off by a flash of lightning.



Mike woke up and looked at the thunderstorm with anger.



“Why do you always have to ruin my fantasy!” he yelled angrily. He wised that his dream was real.




Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment