Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 6 - Getting Started

Violet is going to Australia to visit her grandma, and bumps into Mike at the airport. Mike feels like he’s ready to tell Violet how he feels about her but is for once scared of something. Rejection. Then, Violet goes to Mike's for dinner. What are t

Chapter 6 - Getting Started

Chapter 6 - Getting Started








Violet woke up in the morning. She tried to get up but there was a cat sleeping on her lap. It was a white furry one that looked like it belonged to a king. She slowly picked it up praying that it wouldn't wake up. Then she crawled out of bed to start her first day of vacation.



She had a regular bowl of cereal and a chocolate chip muffin for breakfast. Then her grandmother told her to take a shower and get dressed because she thought that Violet was dirty from hanging outside all night. Violet turned the hot water and put in strawberry scented bubbles. She was in heaven once she stepped into the bathtub. The water was so warm and refreshing! Afterward she put on her bath robe which looked like a karate robe since it was white with a black belt. She walked into her room to put on some clothes and sitting on her bed was that same cat, but it was awake. It starred at her with owl eyes. She ignored the cat, and reached to get her book off the bed. The cat jumped up and scratched her on purpose, meowing at her as an adult yelling at a child.



“God you stinking cat! Get out of my room!” Violet yelled angrily shooing it away. Her grandma ran into the room.



“What happened dear?”



“You cat scratched me and look! I'm bleeding to death!” Violet yelled with tears in her eyes.



“I'm sure Mr. Tinkerbell meant no harm.”



“Yeah. Right.” Said Violet.



“This looks bad.” Said Grandma. She could see the layers in her granddaughters. It looked like she was getting murdered. She freaked out even more when she recognized Violet's blood as blue blood. “I don't know what to tell you. Looks like you'll have to go the emergency room.”



“Oh no!” a terrified Violet yelled. “Anything but that!” Her cries woke up Mike. He looked out his window and saw Violet crying through her window. He couldn't see what was happening to her. He quickly pulled on a shirt with a skull biting a rose and picked up his jeans from the floor.



“Get dressed Violet!” he heard the old lady shouting.



“What is going on?” Mike murmured to himself. He walked outside right as the two girls were about to leave. “What's wrong?”



“It seems like your little friend will be in the hospital for a few hours.” Said Grandma.



Violets horror filled eyes grew wider.



“Stop grandma! You're scaring me! I don't want to go!”



“I'm sorry dear but you have to.”



“Violet,” Mike said. “Listen to me. Everything's going to be alright. In Australia they put their patients to sleep on everything bad, even stitches, so you won't feel a thing at all. Trust me. I got stitches here too and I was sleeping and I didn't even wake up in pain. Understand?” Violet nodded her head. Mike wiped away the tears in her eyes. “Good. Now go there and afterward, you'll get a nice treat.”







Mike was right. The doctor put Violet to sleep and did the work from there. There was no arguing. In her sleep, Violet thought about what Mike said earlier. And then her thought closed into a nightmare as her early childhood memories flashed in her brain like a movie. The moments were like pain as they sank in like a ship. They were so unforgivable and unforgettable.



She woke up a few minutes after the doctor finished his work. She felt a warm and gentle pair of hands run its fingers through her long blonde hair that she let grow over the years. She tilted her head and saw Mike.



“Are you ok?” he asked her.



“Ok, question for you.” Said Violet slowly. “Are you stalking me?”



“No.” said Mike. “I just wanted to know if you were ok.”



“Why?”



“Isn't that what friends do?”



Violet thought about the nice things Mike said to her in the past few days.



“Yeah.” She finally answered. Since then, their relationship became stronger. Mike bought her lunch that day and they ate together in the hospital room. He helped Violet out when she had trouble walking and even when she felt sick. He even helped her grandmother out by carrying Violet into the house! Violet didn't notice though since she was so tired.



She wrote in her diary that night about what happened with as much strength as possible.



Dear Diary,



The morning started out normal but the whole day was way different. Grandmas stupid cat, “Mr. Tinkerbell” scratched me and sent me to ER! That bloody ball of fur is going to pay because I got over fifty stitches! He's going to get it bad! But now I feel different. In fact, I'm really scared because I feel so weird. I haven't felt this way before! Am I ill, or am I in love with the boy next door?



We knew each other since we were ten and I think he likes me because he's always there. He even asked me if I would like to go bowling with him on Saturday! I said yes because were in a big bet and if I lose, I'm in huge trouble!



But what if this ends up as another rip-off like that other guy who said he loved my mom!? I can't stand another heartbreak never again, and my hand is getting weak from writing so I guess I'm done writing for tonight!



That night, she had a dream about him. It was similar to the one he had about her with a rescue scene.



“Please leave me alone!” Violet shouted at a fierce guard. He was huge with a spiny armor and a large sword. The rain poured down like tears from Heaven.



“You'll never escape me. My dear friend Paris is in love and has chosen a bride. Guess who he chose? You! Come with me or I'll have to bring you to him myself while your in chains!”



But by the time he was done, Violet was running deep into the forest. Frightened. Hungry. Confused. And all alone. The guard came after her. She stopped at a dead end getting ready to fight when she was grabbed. He was too strong for her. He pulled out a string of strong chains that he locked onto Violets wrists. Then they heard someone fall to the ground. It was some rocker kid with spicky hair and a pierced ear.



“I have a better idea.” Said the guard. He pushed Violet gainst a tree, chained her to it, and then he blindfolded her. Afterward he went over to the stranger. She could hear what was hapanning. She could only hear violent screams and a scream from the bad guy.



“Now promise me that you wont look once I take off this blindfold.” Said the stranger.



“Yeah.” Said Violet. The blindfold was set off and she was freed. “Hey wait! Whats your name?”



The dream ended. Violet woke up, looked out her window, and saw Mike, sleeping like a baby.




Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Rexysgirl on March 5, 2006, 2:24:56 AM

Rexysgirl on
Rexysgirlwell actually Mike is my bestest friend lol... not for real... in fantasy land... where I roam freeeeeeee in my mind...... O.O O.o im coo coo lol..... and again I ♥ the story! MAKE MORE MORREEEEEEEE

Rexysgirl on March 5, 2006, 2:23:00 AM

Rexysgirl on
Rexysgirlomg make more make more I want to read it all nowwww lol yeah, I FINNALLY GOT PICS ON FANART UP YAY!!!!!! lol yeah
1) I'm not with Mike anymore lol, but Im gonna make him my best friend lol
2) Edmund's my new boyfriend I luffs him! (edmund's from the chronicles of Narnia)
3) Eric is obsessed with me and he is the wielder of the sheers, wielder of the machettis, and executioner of dollz! lol (eric's from Nanny McPhee lol)
I ♥ all 3 of them tho... they're awesome ^_^

But make more stories I need to know whats next!!!!
Mike: *dances for no reason*
Eric: *killing dolls O_O*
Chrissy: NOOOOOO DON'T KILL THE DOLLSSSSSS
Me&Edmund: *hugging*

teehee ♥