Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 7 - World War III Sparks

Violet is going to Australia to visit her grandma, and bumps into Mike at the airport. Mike feels like he’s ready to tell Violet how he feels about her but is for once scared of something. Rejection. Then, Violet goes to Mike's for dinner. What are t

Chapter 7 - World War III Sparks

Chapter 7 - World War III Sparks










A few days went by. Violet was feeling a lot better. Mr. Tinkerbell was kicked off her bed and locked in his cage since he got violent with her. Everyday she heard the sound of a loud rock band. She went to check it out. She opened doors until she ended up in the Teavee's garage. She saw Mike singing and playing guitar. Two other boys were with him, rocking out like the Gorillaz. She thought about yelling but they would probably not hear her. So she just walked in.



“Whoa dudes!” Mike yelled. “Stop! Hey Violet? What's up?”



“Can you please turn down the volume? Even my grandma can hear you.”



“Oh gosh.” Said one of the guys.



“Mike has a girlfriend!” said the other dude.



“Ok shows over!” said Mike urging his band to go home. “Come back next week!”



“Did I embarrass you?” asked Violet.



“Oh nah!” said Mike. “I just feel embarrassed when I'm around my guys and a girl, because you know Sean and Jake can be big pains sometimes. It's not your fault.”



He was feeling really nervous. He had never seen a woman so beautiful ever in his life. Then this one girl came in.



“Mickey!” she called.



“Ugh.” Said Mike.



“What?”



“It's Emily Evans.”



The girl with green eyes and dark curly stepped in. She was wearing a white tank top with a black shirt with a skull on it. When she saw Violet her mouth dropped.



“Who the heck is she?” she yelled pointing her middle finger at Violet.



“Oh Emily, this is Violet. Violet's from Atlanta.”



“Joy.” Said Emily carelessly with no interest. “Question. Why are you flirting with her? You promised me those tickets to that concer.”



“I never said that!” said Mike frustrated. “Jake said that. Look I don't even have tickets. There all sold out!”



“Well there's a big radio contest on 102.8 and there handing out 2 tickets to the tenth caller. Front row.”



“Whoa.” Said Violet. “What concert?”



“The Gorillaz concert duh!” Emily snapped.



“Emily!” Mike yelled. “Be nice. She just didn't know. One second.” Mike walked into his house. Emily looked at Violet with envious eyes.



“You stay away from him.” She said.



“Excuse me?” said Violet.



“I think you heard me blonde.” Said Emily.



“Relax!” said Violet. “Were just friends!”



“Since when?”



“Since both of us found golden tickets.”



Emily smirked. “Whatever you stupid blonde.”



“Say that to my face.” Said Violet.



Emily walked toward Violet and pushed her against the wall refusing to get out of the way.



“Mike is mine. Understand? Were together now and that's how it'll be. So back off! He's mine dumb blonde.”



“Well not all blondes are stupid!” Violet yelled. “I'm one of the smartest girls in my class!”



“Well guess what miss smarty pants? I have all A's and I'm homecoming queen.”



“That doesn't impress me.” Said Violet. “My mother was Miss Universe in 1998.”



“Yeah right.”



“Scarlet Beauregarde.”



“Oh that lady. She's your mother? What face wash does she use?”



“Secret recipe.” Said Violet. “I can't tell you anything else.” She heard a car honk. “Well, I need to go!” Violet slammed the door shut behind her.



It was a beautiful day at the beach. The ocean sparkled like a diamond and there were seagulls everywhere. She sat under an umbrella eating a hot dog, bored to death. Thanks to Mr. Tinkerbell, she cant swim either because the sleeping powder the doctor would use will get active and she'd probably die.



“Hey.” Called a voice. She turned to see a shirtless Mike wearing bottoms with a guitar on them. “How are you doing?”



“I'm bored.”



“Then go swimming.”



“I'm not allowed.”



“Oh right. That stinks. Want me to bring my dog into your house so he could teach your cat a lesson?”



“My grandma would kill me!” said Violet. She stood up and walked onto one of the boat docks. Mike followed her.



“Are you ok?” he asked.



“I'm just a little bit homesick.” Said Violet.



“Don't worry.” Said Mike. “Just stop thinking about home and think about what you'll be doing while you're here. Anything I can do?”



Violet pulled a five out of her shorts.



“Can you go buy me a hamburger?”



“Sure thing.” Mike took the money. And now here came trouble. It was Emily Evans.



“Well, well, well?” she said in a snobby voice. “So you're flirting with my boyfriend.”



“No I'm not.” Said Violet. “Like I told you, Mike and I are only friends. If he likes you then fine! I'll step away but if he doesn't like you than you better stay away from him before you get him too pissed off.”



“Your making me pissed off Violet Beauregarde!” Emily screamed for the whole beach to hear. She walked toward Violet and made her back off close to the water. She smiled. She had a plan. Emily pushed Violet into the water. Mike then purposely pushed Emily into the water for revenge and jumped in to make sure Violet was ok. Fortunately she was lucky this time. She didn't need CPR because her wrist didn't get wet. And now with Mike's gentleness toward her, she was then in love. Dangerously in love. But there was one problem; Emily liked Mike too. This meant one thing; war!



That night, Violet tuned into the radio station. The host said, “Call the number once you hear the monkey!”



She listened closely. The radio was featuring songs by the Gorillaz. Violet paid very close attention. If Emily got those tickets, she would be doomed.



The sound of a monkey blasted through. Violet grabbed the phone and called the number.



“I'm sorry. You're the fifth caller!” She dialed again.



“I'm sorry, you're the ninth caller!”



“God!” Violet yelled.



“We have a winner. Caller number ten, what's your name?”



“Emily Evans!”



Violet gasped. It was over. She had lost.



“Ms. Evans, if you answer this question correctly you will win two tickets to the Gorillaz concert, a box of Gorillaz stuff, tickets to the theme park and two gift certificates to Russel's BBQ!”



“What's the question?” Emily yelled getting over excited.



“Define the following word! Senescence! You have ten seconds!”



“Ha!” Said Violet. “She'll never know that!”



“Oh what is it?” Emily moaned. Ok… um is it birth?”



“I'm sorry but that is wrong, so now we'll be going to caller number 11. What's your name lucky caller?”



“Mike Teavee.” Said Mike.



“Congrats Mike. If you define the following word, you'll win Gorillaz stuff including autographed posters, gift certificates to Russel's BBQ, tickets to the theme park, and tickets to their concert! What is senescence?”



“Oh that's easy.” Said Mike. Senescence is the state of becoming old or the process of becoming old.”



“Congratulations!” the radio screamed. “You have won a multi-pack of prizes!”



“Wow good for Mike.” Said Violet. “At lease Emily didn't win them. Birth!” she laughed so hard that she fell onto her bed. “For a strait A student, Emily sure is stupid!”



Violet spent the whole night laughing when the phone rang.



“Hey Mike!... you wanna go bowling tomorrow?... sounds awesome!... Yeah I have nothing planned for tomorrow so we'll have a great time… I cant wait to see you eat that chocolate!... What do you mean your gonna win?!?... We'll just have to wait and see… Ok… I'll see you tomorrow.”




















Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment