Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 8 - Mikes First Candy

Violet is going to Australia to visit her grandma, and bumps into Mike at the airport. Mike feels like he’s ready to tell Violet how he feels about her but is for once scared of something. Rejection. Then, Violet goes to Mike's for dinner. What are t

Chapter 8 - Mikes First Candy

Chapter 8 - Mikes First Candy






“Bye grandma!” Violet dashed out the door. Mike was waiting for her. They walked to the bowling alley because it was only a few blocks away. Mike was a member of the club, so he and Violet bowled two rounds for free!



Violet tightly tied her bowling shoes while Mike looked for a ball. He had his own ball of a skull in blue flames. He gave Violet a silver ball. They did rock-paper-scissors to see who went first. Violet won. She dropped the ball and got a strike. Mike shook his head.



“No. Watch this.” He squinted down like a frog standing up and threw the ball. Violet shook her head but was shocked to see the Mike got a strike.



While it was Violets turn, Mike bought some flaming hot fries wondering if Violet would scream for water.



“Fry?”



“Sure.” Violet took one and ate it fast. Mike was waiting for her to scream but she just stood there. “That's good… Can I have another?”



“I don't understand!” said Mike. “You were supposed to heat up!”



“That doesn't affect me.” Said Violet. “Spices don't burn my tongue. It's too strong.”



They kept on bowling. Strike after strike. That's all that ever happed. They were tied every single time.



“When are you gonna give in?”



“Not until you give in first.” Said Violet.



“Never.” Said Mike. “I just want to see you eat spinach for dinner!”



“Well I'd like to see the look on your face when you eat a whole Wonka Bar!”



“Whole?” Mike asked in horror. Extreme horror. It was his turn to bowl then. He was so freaked out that he twisted his wrist and got a gutter ball. He lost.



Violet smiled a big wide smile. She was really excited now.



“Please don't make me do this!” Mike begged.



Violet walked to the vending machine and pushed in a one. Then she pushed to buttons and out came one of Wonka's Whipple Scrumpus Fudgemellow Delight bars and she opened it up.



“Relax…” she said. “Have you ever even tasted chocolate?”



“No.”



“Didn't you hear that you don't like something until you try it?” she asked.



“Yes.” Said Mike. Violet raised an eyebrow.





“Just try it.” Said Violet. “It wont kill you.” She handed him the bar. “The faster you eat it the less time you will be eating Wonka candy in horror.”



She was right. He at least had to try it. He chewed a small nipple and smiled.



“You like it.” Violet mumbled.



“Yeah your right.” Said Mike. “It's not the best thing I've tasted but its great.”



They walked out of the bowling alley when a sign caught Violet's eye.



“What is it?” said Mike.



“Mike, I always wanted to enter this!” said Violet.



“The World Wide Dance Competition is coming to Sydney!



So do you wanna be on TV? Now's your chance! Teens ages thirteen to eighteen can do a dance (hip hop, break dancing, river stomp etc!) and be declared junior dance champions! To enter, sign one of the slips below. And remember; Couples only!”



“Oh gosh.” Said Violet. “Couples only.”



“Hey wait a minute! You like break dancing right?”



“Yes.”



“I thought you were amazing that day at my house. You even danced better than I ever had. Let's pretend to be a couple, sign our names and show the would what we've got. No one will know.”



“You know… that actually might work… Let's do it!”



They signed their names and folded the slip into a little box.



They continued walking home.



“Oh and by the way…” said Violet. “Congrats on winning the radio contest.”



“How do you know?”



“I listened to the radio last night. I myself tried to get those tickets. Emily was so dumb! She made me laugh.”



“Yeah I rolled on the floor when she said, `Uh… birth?'”



“Well hardly anyone knows what the word means.”



“And speaking of tickets I have no one to go with…” he stammered to say what he wanted to say. “I was wondering if you would… Uh… Like to go to the theme park, hit dinner and then catch the concert.”



“Mike… I don't know what to say! I always wanted to do all of that but I never had the chance to! I would love to go!”



“Wow! That's great.” Mike wasn't very anxious. “So at lunch wanna practice in my basement?”



“Sure.” Said Violet. “That would be great.”







Dear Diary,



I spent the whole day with Mike today and we had so much fun! We went bowling and played several rounds until he hit a gutter and he had to eat chocolate. He claims that he hates it but then he took a bite and smiled at me. Now I seriously am in love with him. But what if Veruca was teasing and he didn't like me after all. I cant take another heart break… I just can't!



But I have a feeling that he likes me too because he asked me if I wanted to go out with him tomorrow to the Gorillaz theme park! I always wanted to go there and now I finally can! Yea! And I'll be seeing him in the morning to practice our dance routine for a world famous dance contest we entered. I feel great about myself. Is this love?

But there only one thing in my way. A girl called Emily Evans that says that she with Mike but I heard him yell at her for being rude to me. Then that day at the beach after I talked to Mike, Emily got so mad that she pushed me into the ocean! But Mike pushed her in and jumped in to see if I was ok. And thank the lord I was. I was lucky at that time. Man! That was a close call!










Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment