Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 9 - Gorillaz!

Violet is going to Australia to visit her grandma, and bumps into Mike at the airport. Mike feels like he’s ready to tell Violet how he feels about her but is for once scared of something. Rejection. Then, Violet goes to Mike's for dinner. What are t

Chapter 9 - Gorillaz!

Chapter 9 - Gorillaz!








Mike had a breakfast cereal right when he woke up. His hair was like Ronald McDonalds in the morning. He got dressed freshened up and of corse, brushed his hair, then the phone rang.



“Teavee residents. Mike speaking.”



“Hey Mike! Where were you yesterday?”



Mike rolled his eyes at the voice of the devilish Emily.



“I was out with Violet.” He said trying to get her mad.



“Huh? Did you just say that you spent the whole day with a blonde?”



“Not all blondes are dumb.” Said Mike smirking. “And why do you care?”



“Sean and Jake said that you liked me.”



“Well those two love joking around and that was one of their most unforgivable jokes ever.”



“Look I just called about the concert tickets you won.” Mike started laughing. “What's so funny?”



“That night of the contest.” Said Mike. “You thought that senescence was birth!?!”



“Not everyone knows what it means!”



“Yeah but Violet knows what it means and you know how blonde she is.”



“So let me guess. You asked her to the concert.”



“Were just pals.” Said Mike. “And she's hanging out with me anyway. Nothing you can do about it.”



“Oh you'll see.” Emily mumbled. She slammed the phone as the door rang. Mike opened it to see Violet.



“Hey Violet.” Said Mrs. Teavee. “What are you doing here?”



“We entered a dance competition and were going to practice downstairs for a few minutes.”



“A few minutes?” asked Violet. “Oh no. We gonna dance until our feet bleed.”



“Ok have fun.” Said Mrs. Teavee.



For two hours the team were showing what they could do, a selection of songs to choose from and what they were going to wear. They made up moves to the song and added fancy moves that only a flexible person could do. They were working their hearts out! Violet was so hot, she pulled off her zip jacket showing off a black camisole. Mike tried not to whistle but he thought that she looked really hot.



“Just one more run.” Said Violet. “You have the moves memorized?”



“Yep. Let's start.”



They went over the dance and when the song came to an end they got into a gangster like pose.



“Don't forget about tonight!” Mike reminded her. “Five o clock!”





Violet was so excited that she was stressing over what to wear. What would impress Mike?



“Cool shoes.” Said the flashback. That was it! So perfect. She took a shower and blow dried her hair. With it down, she looked like a model. After getting dressed she rushed to the door and waited. When Mike stepped up the porch, Violet gave her grandma a holler and dashed out the door. Mike had his car parked in front.



“We need to drive.” He explained. “Because the theme park is all the way across town.”



Violet was impressed. His car was shiny, clean and it had a DVD player! Mike also had a selection of CD's. He pulled out the Gorillaz CD and played it.



“So I hear there's a new roller coaster that has sudden drops and goes upside down.”



“Sweet.” Said Violet. “I love those kinds of roller coasters.”



“Really? I thought that you like most girls would chicken out. Ok we ride before we have dinner so we don't puke.”



Violet giggled. “Veruca and I did the lamest thing ever at an amusement park. We ate pizza, burgers, popcorn, cotton candy, and ice cream then went on the tilt-a-whirl. We threw up and it fell on the ride manager!”



Mike laughed. “I did that too with my pals here except we went on the Demon Days Coaster.”



“Any other outrageous things you did?”



“Well I jumped into the lake when Emily tried to kiss me, I went swimming back at Denver in the winter, and the time I jumped off a cliff.”



“I jumped off a cliff too.” Said Violet. “And I'm so not doing it again!”



“You got that right!” said Mike pulling into the parking lot. “Let's go.”



And for hours, the two friends went on roller coasters, saw short shows, took pictures and bought accessories at small gift shops. Then they looked at the map and found Russel's BBQ. A small waiter escorted them to a booth. Violet smelled the air. Ah, what a smell. It was the aroma of roast beef.



“What are you having?” Violet asked.



“I don't know. There are so many things here. They even have a drink menu!”



“I don't know what to get as well. They have pizza, burgers, and so much more. They even have seafood.”



“Welcome with Russel's BBQ.” The short pail waitress said taking them by surprise. “What would you like to drink?” she sounded moany.



“I'll have a volcano.” Said Violet without thinking. A volcano was a chocolate smoothie with cherries blended in.



“How bout you?”



“Dr. Salt.”



-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------



It turned out that Mike ordered a lobster and Violet just got a cheeseburger. While they ate, the dead lobsters face starred at Violet.



“Can you please point that thing away from me? It looks like it hitting on me.”



Mike laughed.



“Nice way to put it.” He said. “I hear that the European Circus is coming.”



“Which one? DeVinchi?”



“Yeah.”



“Cant stand them! They forced me to work for them. I'll explain later.” Said Violet taking another bite of her burger.



“Well we better be off leaving. The show starts in half an hour.”



They paid and walked off to the concert hall where there was a crowd around the place. Most were buying tickets. Mike and Violet just walked in showing the tickets to the lady and finding the auditorium. It was amazing. The seats were tempered seats and the stage was packed with lights, like the one you see one game shows. They sat down.



“I cant believe that I'm actually here.” Said Violet. People were just talking when the intro of the concert began to quiet people down. After the music stopped, a voice came.



“Good afternoon guys and gals. Are you excited to be here?” People cheered. “What's that? I cant hear you!” The audience hollered even more. “Louder!” It sounded like an erupting volcano. “Alright! Welcome to the Gorillaz Demon Days concert of Sydney! Please we may advise you to stay seated during the whole performance. Also no smocking or flash photography. Video taping at anytime is illegal. And please, turn off cellphones, pagers, PDA's and teenage girls. Thank you and enjoy the show!” The curtain opened up and the band played. It was great. There were smoke effects like a magic show. Then during their slow song, the words made Mike think about Violet.



Maybe in time
You'll want to be mine




He turned and looked at Violet who had her eyes on 2-D. He was standing right in front of her. As he sang, he starred at Violet who was the envy of every other girl in the room.



After the show, Mike and Violet sat on the edge of the bridge and talked. They talked about everything and nothing at the same time.



“Violet, you sound upset.” Said Mike. “What's going on. Too homesick?”



“No.” said Violet. “I don't want to talk about it.”



He knew that something was up.



“Ok, remember the circus?” asked Violet. “Well I was forced to join it. They even tied me to two poles and nearly killed me with a hungry lion.”



“What? Your kidding!”



“No I'm not.” Said Violet. “I almost died. It's like my mother didn't care.”



“What about your dad?”



Violet started to cry.



“He's in jail Mike. He never even liked me anyway. I remember the day I was born, I opened my eyes and he wasn't even smiling. I went out for sports to impress him but he still didn't even talk to me, so I tried being a lady, and he scowled at me even more. Then I remember the day I saw the police car in front of my house and my dad in handcuffs!”



“Violet… I didn't know.”



“You are so lucky, to have a dad.”



“No I'm not. He's always making stupid rules that don't make any sense.”



“Well that's because he loves you.” Said Violet. “And he wants you to stay safe. Just know that.”



“I know how you feel.” Said Mike. “In fact, I feel the same.”



“You do?”



“Yeah.” Said Mike. “Come here.” Violet got closer. Mike bent down to give her a little gift called her first kiss. She was about to do the same when she slipped and fell into the lake below. Mike jumped in to help her and ended up doing CPR until she gagged spitting out fresh water. “O my god! Are you ok?” Violet nodded. They went strait home after that. Violet dried off and watched a horror film while Mrs. Teavee was screaming.



“O my god!” Mr. Teavee yelled loud enough to hear. “The babies coming! Tammy, breath! I'll be getting clothes, the camera some batteries…”



“RAY!”



“ALRIGHT! TO THE HOSPITAL!”














Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment