Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Lesson 2 - Awesome! Hazuki Develops a Crush

The continued adventures of the Happy Lesson gang. This time, it centers mostly around Hazuki and her new boyfriend.

Chapter 2 - Lesson 2 - Awesome! Hazuki Develops a Crush

Chapter 2 - Lesson 2 - Awesome! Hazuki Develops a Crush
Happy Lesson - Extra Credit
By The S

Lesson 2 - Awesome! Hazuki Develops a Crush

"Come on, darling,
Take my outstretched hand!"

The audience exploded in uproarous applause. Many of the audience members stood up, bowing as they clapped. One man, in the front row, merely sat in his seat, an obvious look of awe plastered on his face. All this let Hazuki know that her first concert in America was a smashing success.

Backstage before her next song, Hazuki and her manager, Tomabuki, talked about which member of the audience would win a chance to meet her backstage after the concert.

"So which teenage girl are you going to choose this time, Hazuki?" Tomabuki asked, his flamboyant curls shaking.
"I'm not going to choose a girl this time," Hazuki said in-between bites of bok choy. "There's a guy in the front row who looks absolutely astonished. I think I'll do him a favor and bring him back here."
"But Hazuki, you've NEVER let a guy win the backstage contest! You always pick teenage girls who like you so much they want to be you!"
"Yeah, but this guy's pretty cute," Hazuki said with a wink.
"Oh, you mischevious little..."
"Tomabuki, you don't know what it's like to have never gone on a date in your life..."
"Yes I do!" Tomabuki protested.
"Okay, forget it. I just want to get to know this guy a bit. It's time for me to live! Besides, if I decide to get serious with him, I'll only know he's the one if he can stand my family." Hazuki winked again.
"Oh, all right, Hazuki. Do what you wish. It's not like I'd be able to talk you out of it..."

"All right, it's time to choose who will win our Happy Backstage With Hazuki Contest!" Hazuki called into the microphone. "Who will it be?"
A spotlight seemed to randomly move across the audience. It swirled around for about twelve seconds, and it finally rested on the man in the front row that Hazuki had been talking to Tomabuki about earlier.
"I'll see YOU after the concert," Hazuki said, pointing to the guy with a wink. She then proceeded to sing her final song.

After the concert, Hazuki eagerly sat awaiting for her guest to arrive, twirling a lock of her hair. When he finally arrived, she could hardly contain herself. She had never really found herself attracted to anybody before, but this guy was quite intriguing. His long black hair flowed as he walked, his clean-shaven face appeared smooth and soft. She especially liked his physique - broad shoulders and thick muscles. But appearance was only about ten-percent. For some reason, she felt a connection with him just by looking at him. She even felt compelled to leap off of the stage several times and just run over to him.

"Hey, you came," Hazuki said slyly, trying to keep calm. "I thought maybe I scared you off."
"Not at all. I was just sidetracked by that weirdo with the glasses and moustache. He kept asking me odd questions."
Hazuki laughed. "Oh, that's just my manager, Tomabuki. He's absolutely harmless. A little strange, but harmless."
They both shared a laugh, and then they just stared into each other's eyes in silence for a few moments. Finally, Hazuki spoke up. "So, what's your name, handsome?"
She expected him to blush and stammer, but he kept looking into her eyes, and stated in a calm, clear voice, "My name is Hantou Minamoto."

Hazuki's eyes grew wide. "H...Hantou Minamoto?"
"Yes. Is there a problem?" Hantou asked.
Hazuki thought back to the CD that her little sister Minazuki had gotten her for Christmas. It was imported from America, and was called "From Japan With Love", by Hantou Minamoto. Although it wasn't her absolute favorite CD, it had spent a lot of time in her CD player.
"It's just... I have one of your CD's." Hazuki said, she herself blushing. "I must say you're a pretty good singer. So tell me, what brings you here?"
"Well, I won a radio contest. To tell the truth, I've never even heard of you. But don't feel bad, ever since my music career ended, I haven't kept up on music in general."
"Your career ended, huh? How come? You were so good!"
"I guess the Americans just didn't care for me. I was on the top 20 for about a year, but suddenly, sales dropped to the bottom. I tried to retaliate by putting out a second album, but that disc did lousy. So I decided to quit the music biz altogether and pursue my second passion - the martial arts. I'm one of three sensei at the All Nippon Shotokan Dojo."
"Hmmm..." Hazuki sounded genuinely interested. "You know what? I'm pressed for time. But I'll tell you what. How about we go out for lunch tomorrow?"
"Are you actually asking me out?"
Hazuki gasped. She had always thought that her first date would be a big fan of hers asking her out. It was actually the other way around - she was the fan asking HIM out! "Well... I'm... sorry... I..."
To her surprise, Hantou laughed. "No need to apologize. Of course I'll go out with you. I know a great little place that serves just about everything. It's called the Iron Cleaver. You know where it is?"
Hazuki giggled. "No, but I'm sure I can find it. I've only been in New York for three days, but I'm positive I can get directions if I get lost. Noon sound good to you?"
"I'll be there. Trust me, I wouldn't miss it for the world!"

The two parted their own ways, each with a song in their heart - a song that the other had sung.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment