Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Lesson 3 - Lovely! Hazuki and Hantou's First Date!

The continued adventures of the Happy Lesson gang. This time, it centers mostly around Hazuki and her new boyfriend.

Chapter 3 - Lesson 3 - Lovely! Hazuki and Hantou's First Date!

Chapter 3 - Lesson 3 - Lovely! Hazuki and Hantou's First Date!
Happy Lesson - Extra Credit
By The S

Lesson 3 - Lovely! Hazuki and Hantou's First Date!

Hantou set his alarm to wake him up at nine - a time foreign to him, as he usually slept until eleven. The dojo opened at ten, but he didn't have to come in until three, so he was normally content to sleep the day away. But his date with Hazuki was at noon, so he had to make sure he was ready to go on time. He wasn't terribly nervous, but he wanted some leeway. He didn't want anything to go awry. In fact, he had called to tell the other sensei to tell them that he might not be in today - he didn't want to have to hurry through anything.

Hazuki was a bit more nervous that Hantou, but she wasn't stressing anything. The first thing she did when she got up was shed her pajamas and head straight for the shower. As was customary in Japan, after showering, she sat in a nice relaxing bath. She spent a lot of time while in the bath thinking about Hantou and their date. She wondered if she would scare him off with her appetite. She wondered if they were going to have a good time. She wondered if she should wear a bra. In the end, she decided that she was going to order a lot of food, and if he didn't like it, it was his problem, not hers. But she was very hopeful that they would have fun. And she wasn't going to wear a bra.

When Hazuki stepped out of the bathroom, she saw her little sister, Minazuki standing there. Minazuki and Hazuki were not really sisters, but they met at the orphanage and adopted one another. They also had an adopted brother, Chitose. Minazuki went to America with Hazuki, while Chitose stayed back in Japan at his home.
"Mina, what's up?" Hazuki asked.
"You're going somewhere special today, aren't you? Where are you going?" the cute little redhead asked.
Hazuki thought for a moment. "I'm going out to meet a friend."
"Really? Can I come with you?"
"Uh, no, sorry Mina. Listen, it's nothing personal, just this is only going to be the second time I meet with this friend. I want to get to know him a little bit better before I introduce him to you."
"That's okay," Minazuki said. " I hope I get to meet your friend soon, though."
"Tell ya what. If all goes well today, I'll see if I can take him back with us when we go home. How's that sound?"
"That sounds like fun. "
"Yeah, I'll see you when I get back!" Hazuki turned down the hallway and went into her room. She closed the door and dropped her towel. Doing a few stretches, she looked at herself in the full-length mirror. She was going to have to decide what to wear. Usually she just threw on any ol' thing. But she wanted her first date to be special, so she decided to go with a traditional kimono. No doubt Hantou would be wearing Western-style clothes, but she really wanted to impress him. She also made sure the kimono was tied just right so that a fair amount of her cleavage was showing.

When she was ready to go, Hazuki looked over at Minazuki, who was on the phone chatting, no doubt to Chitose. She called him every morning to see how he was. Hazuki was at first worried that she'd run up the hotel's phone bill, but decided that they'd be able to afford it, and let her little sister do as she wished. As she walked out the door, she blew a kiss and said, "Give my love to Chii!" Minazuki smiled and nodded.

Hantou stood outside the Iron Cleaver with his hands in his pockets, waiting for Hazuki to arrive. He had been there since eleven, just to make sure he was prompt. Now it was three after twelve. He wasn't worried, as he reasoned that it was only a couple of minutes. Sure enough, within the next minute, he saw Hazuki walking toward him. He gave a grin and walked toward her.

"So glad you could make it, m'lady," he said with a bow.
"Oh, you're so chivalrous," Hazuki said with a giggle. "Please, can we go in? I'm starving."
Hantou swung open the door and bowed again. "After you, madam."

The Iron Cleaver was a family restaurant that served nearly any kind of food. It had two floors and seating for 300 people. When Hantou had referenced it as a "little place", that was a gross understatement. It was HUGE.
"Holy crap, this place is amazing!" Hazuki exclaimed.
"I thought you'd like it," Hantou said. "I eat here all the time. I hate to admit it, but I can't cook."
"Don't worry about it. I can't cook either. But I sure can eat! Let's get a table!"

Hantou was going to order a salad, as to not eat his regular amount of food and scare off Hazuki. But when she ordered an All-You-Can-Eat platter, he decided to change his order to match hers. He figured he wouldn't have to hide his appetite if she was eating a lot, too. But when he thought she was going to eat a lot, he couldn't imagine how much she'd actually eat. Hantou stopped at twelve plates. Hazuki was on her twenty-first and still going.
"Jeez! I thought I was a heavy eater. Where do you pack all of that food?" Hantou asked.
"It's the Art of Eating - Ogado. I can eat all I want and not get full or gain a pound!"
"Damn, that's impressive! If everybody trained in Ogado, they'd all be in great shape!"
"Well, it's not that easy. The training is very rigorous and demanding. A lot of people drop out of the training within the first week! Now excuse me, I'm going to go get some more!"

Hantou was amazed. They had so much in common. They both enjoyed singing, eating, ice cream, and hot baths. Hazuki, although she hadn't studied them, had always admired the martial arts. He could easily see himself going on a second date with her.

When Hazuki returned, Hantou respectfully requested to pick a few things off of her plate. She said she didn't mind, especially since he was paying. They shared a laugh over that. Hantou then asked her if she'd go on another date with him later that week.

"Actually," Hazuki said coyly. "I have to go back to Japan this Thursday."
"Oh." Hantou looked downward in dejection.
"Um, Hantou... I was wondering if you'd come with me...?"
"Oh?" Hantou instantly perked up. Over the last few months, he had been contemplating returning to Japan, but he couldn't afford it. Now that he was going to be traveling with his new girlfriend, the world's most famous pop star, there was no way in Hell he was going to miss an opportunity like this. "You bet I will!"
"I thought you would." Hazuki placed a hand on top of Hantou's. "From the moment I saw you out in the audience, something clicked. I have never looked out in the audience and thought "Wow, that guy's cute" or whatever. I usually ignore who's out in the crowd and just sing. But there was something about you that caught my attention..."
"You know, the call I got from the radio station asked the question "Who sang Genki Genki Love?" I think you might know the answer to that one..."
Hazuki smiled. "Of course. You sang it. So what you're saying, that you think that fate had a little hand in our meeting...?"
"I don't really know what to think. But all I know is, we've only been on one date, and already you're the greatest thing to happen to me."
"You know what, Hantou?" Hazuki said. "I feel the same way."

After Hazuki had finished her thirty-third plate, she finally decided she was finished. Hantou offered to walk her home, or perhaps catch a cab with her, but she said she'd be fine going home on her own. Before they parted, Hantou bent down on one knee and kissed her hand. She giggled, and then when he stood up, wrapped her arms around him and caught him in a strong liplock. When finished, she turned her back to him and began to walk off, giving a slight wave as she disappeared around the corner.

Hantou walked down to the corner and hailed a cab. After getting into the taxi and telling the driver where to drop him off, all he could think about was Hazuki. He could still feel her lips on his. Her wonderful voice still rang in his ears. And it was all set - he was to pack up everything he wanted to bring with him and meet her at the Iron Cleaver Wednesday at 6 PM. She would bring her little sister, and the three of them would have dinner. Then, he would go back to the apartment with them, and stay the night over there. At 3 PM Thursday, they would board Hazuki's personal plane, and head off to Japan.

"Hey bud, that'll be $10.50." The cabbie interrupted Hantou's thoughts.
"Oh, sorry. Thanks a lot." He paid his fare, plus tip, and exited the vehicle. He was now in front of Castle Records, the largest music store in the Big Apple. The moment he walked in, he saw a life-sized standee of Hazuki. It was promoting her newest CD, "Ai no Kazoku". Hantou grabbed a copy of the CD without hesitation. He then asked an employee to help him find any and all Hazuki Yazakura CD's. It turned out that there were eight of them other than "Ai no Kazoku". He bought all of them, then walked the two blocks home.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment