Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - Lesson 4 - Life-Changing! Trip to Japan

The continued adventures of the Happy Lesson gang. This time, it centers mostly around Hazuki and her new boyfriend.

Chapter 4 - Lesson 4 - Life-Changing! Trip to Japan

Chapter 4 - Lesson 4 - Life-Changing! Trip to Japan
Happy Lesson - Extra Credit
By The S

Lesson 4 - Life-Changing! Trip to Japan!

Hantou's heart leapt for joy when he saw Hazuki turn around the corner. Next to her was a girl much shorter than Hazuki, with red hair and a cute face. He could only guess that this was Minazuki, Hazuki's younger sister. She looked as if she were about ten or twelve, but Hazuki had said she was nearly sixteen. Hantou told her that she was probably just a late bloomer.

"Hi there, Han," Hazuki whispered in Hantou's ear as she threw her arms around him.
Hantou kissed the back of her neck. "Hi yourself."
Hazuki released her boyfriend, and then bowed. She held a hand out toward him, and turned toward Minazuki. "Mina, this is Hantou. Han, this is Mina."
Hantou bowed deeply. "A pleasure to meet you, little lady."
Minazuki also bowed. "Nice meeting you."
Hazuki's stomach growled loud enough for all of them to hear. "I'd like to stick around and exchange pleasantries a bit longer, but I'm famished. I haven't eaten since those twelve box lunches an hour ago!"
"Oh, Hazuki," Hantou said. "You're always famished, aren't you?" He grabbed the door and swung it open. "After you, ladies."

Once they had been seated, they all three ordered the All-You-Can Eat special. Mina stopped at two plates, but Hantou and Hazuki had a little competition to see who could eat the most. Hantou, who hadn't eaten all day in anticipation for this meal, stopped at seventeen. Hazuki, who had just eaten at five-o'-clock, ate thirty-five plates full of food. By the time they had left, it was already eight-thirty, and Minazuki was feeling sleepy. So the three of them turned the corner, and entered the hotel that Hazuki and Minazuki had been staying in. Mina got her pajamas on and instantly went to bed, while Hazuki and Hantou lay on the couch holding one another, whispering softly. Bye nine-forty-five, they had both drifted off to sleep.

Hantou was awakened all at once by the feeling of something in his mouth. His eyes flew open instantly to see Hazuki, plunging her tongue into his mouth. He returned the favor, and they kissed for ten minutes before they both decided simultaneously to get up and prepare for their flight.

Shortly after Hazuki finished nuking up some Chinese food that was in the refrigerator (it wasn't technically leftovers, more like "food set aside for later so that Hazuki wouldn't end up eating it"), Minazuki got up and complained that she was hungry. Hazuki moaned about having just made enough noodles for her and Hantou (which consisted of about twenty pounds of chow mein), but Hantou happily cut his portion by a third to give to Mina. Eventually, Hantou brought up the subject of his dojo, and how he had to call in and say he wouldn't be coming back for quite a while. Before he met Hazuki, he had never taken time off, even when he had the stomach flu, so he had plenty of vacation days to use up (quite handy when your dojo is part of a union). Hazuki mentioned that back home, she had an entire collection of Bruce Lee DVDs. Mina said that she had taken Tai Chi in school. Hantou was about to ask Minazuki what she thought of the art, when the phone rang.

The phone was directly behind Hantou, so he asked permission to answer it. After recieving confirmation, he picked up the reciever.
"Hello?"
A woman's voice. "Oh, sorry, I must have the wrong number." Click.
"It was a wrong number," Hantou explained after hanging up the phone himself. He barely had enough time to sit down, when it rang again.
"Hello."
The same woman. "Oh, I must have dialed the number incorrectly again. Excu..."
"Wait," Hantou interrupted. "Who are you calling for?"
"Hazuki Yazakura. This is Yayoi Sanzein."
Hantou pulled the reciever away from his ear. "Hazuki, it's for you. It's someone named Yayoi."
Hazuki's eyes lit up. "Oh, Mama Yayoi!" She hastily grabbed the phone that was offered to her.

"Mama Yayoi?" Hantou asked Minazuki. "That's your mother on the phone? She sounds a little young..."
"Yeah, she is. One of, at least."
"One of? What do you mean "one of?" One of your... mothers?"
Minazuki giggled. "Don't worry about it. You'll find out soon enough..."
"Mama Yayoi says that Chii has a stomachache," Hazuki said, hanging up the phone. "And he refuses to let her cut him open or use herbs to heal him. So she says that she wants us to bring some American stomach medication."
"Wait... herbs? Mothers? Cutting open? What the...?" Hantou collapsed in confusion.
Minazuki and Hazuki giggled. There was something they weren't telling him.
"Okay, spill it girls. Hazuki, I know your tickle spots, so don't make me use them!" Hantou exclaimed.
"Why don't you come and get me?" Hazuki taunted, throwing a piece of beef at Hantou and hitting him in the face. She then tore off running down the hallway. "Run, Mina!"
Mina leapt up from her seat and pushed her chair in Hantou's way. He tripped over it and went sprawling on the floor. He could hear Minazuki running off in the distance, when he just happened to glance down at his watch.
"HOLY CRAP!" he yelled. "Ladies, I believe we've let our fun run a little too long. It's already one-o'-clock! We've got to start packing!"
Obviously, the girls thought he was bluffing so he could catch them. Minazuki was the first to peek to see if their assumptions were correct, and indeed, he was making sure everything he needed was in his bags. Mina whispered to Hazuki that it was okay, and seconds later, they too, began tending to their suitcases.

***
A little over two hours later, they were on their plane and in the air. Mina had the window seat; Hazuki sat in the middle, laying her head on Hantou's shoulder. Tomabuki sat on the opposite side from them, talking to Hazuki, who was obviously not listening to him. The guitar-playing manager seemed to be oblivious that his ranting fell on deaf ears.

They were aboard Hazuki's private plane, and she would have delayed her flight for at least a day or two, if Tomabuki wasn't such a stickler for time. Sometimes he irritated her terribly, but he was a very good manager, and they had been together so long, she didn't even recall how and when they met. Still, his constant complaining was enough to drive one to madness. Hazuki desperately tried to tune out her annoying manager, and focus on Hantou. Although she would have thought they were rushing their relationship, there was something about him that made her feel otherwise. It seemed he felt the same way. He he only met her earlier that week, and now he was coming home with her. That wasn't too bad,was it? Hazuki felt a tad confused. This was the first serious relationship she had ever been in. She didn't know enough facts about dating to tell if this was too fast for them. If she trusted her heart, it wasn't. If she listened to her brain, there was a two-percent chance they were rushing things. Two percent was not a large percentage, but she wished it were zero. That would have made her more comfortable. And what if the Moms scared him off? She loved each and every one of them, but they were rather manic. Before long, Hazuki's eyelids began to become heavy, and she nodded off, her head slipping off of Hantou's shoulder and onto his lap.

When she awoke, Hantou was carrying her limp body. They were no doubt off of the plane... but she couldn't place where they were. They definately weren't at the airport... where they in downtown Tokyo?
"'Morning, sunshine," Hantou said, noticing that Hazuki was now awake. He slowed his walking to a near shuffle.
"Uhh..." Hazuki stretched and popped her shoulders with a yawn. "Where are we?"
"We're looking around for your brother's house. Mina's telling me how to get there."
For the first time, Hazuki noticed the petit pair of hands enclasped at the bottom of Hantou's thick neck. Minazuki popped her head up from behind Hantou's. "Hi, Hazuki! We're almost to Chitose's!"
"Wait... where's our bags?" Hazuki said, looking around for their luggage.
"I already dropped them off at your and Mina's apartment," Hantou began to explain. "Mina's leg fell asleep, so I offered to carry her. You weren't in any condition to walk yourself, so I obliged in carrying you, too. As well as all of our luggages. That fink Tomabuki didn't even stick around to help. He just grunted at me and left. I don't think he likes me too well..."
"Well, that's Tomabuki for you. He probably thinks you're going to distract me from my tours. His heart is in the right place. It's just that his brain isn't."
Hazuki wiggled a bit. "You can put me down now, Han."
"Why?" Hantou seemed a bit offended. "I rather enjoy carrying you. Besides, we're almost there. I'll set you down just before we get to Cheese's place."
"Chitose."
"What'd I say?"
"Cheese."
Hantou shrugged. "Whatever. I just hope we get there before it starts raining. I'd hate to get caught in a thundershower; it looks pretty bad, and I left my umbrella back at your apartment."
Minazuki let out a soft giggle. "Don't worry, it shouldn't take us too much longer. I can actually see the house from here!"

Within the span of two minutes, they had reached Chitose's front door. Hantou carefully set Hazuki down, allowing her to stretch.
"Allow me to do the honors?" Hantou requested, grabbing the doorknob.
Hazuki laughed. "Be my guest, but I'm warning you..."
"Warning me?" said a puzzled Hantou, slowly turning the knob.

Suddenly, the blade of a katana came towards Hantou from out of the doorway.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment