Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 6 - Lesson 6 - Heart-filled! Touching Reunion

The continued adventures of the Happy Lesson gang. This time, it centers mostly around Hazuki and her new boyfriend.

Chapter 6 - Lesson 6 - Heart-filled! Touching Reunion

Chapter 6 - Lesson 6 - Heart-filled! Touching Reunion
Happy Lesson - Extra Credit
By The S

Lesson 6 - Heart-filled! Touching Reunion!

The mothers had offered to let Hazuki, Hantou, and Minazuki stay overnight with them, and they gladly accepted. Satsuki volunteered to give up her room so that Hazuki and Hantou could be alone together; she temporarily bunked up with Kisaragi. Minazuki slept in Mutsuki's room, and Chitose complained about still having to sleep on the couch.

About ten-o'-clock, Hantou and Hazuki were still lying in bed awake. Up until then, they had been silent, but Hazuki had a nagging question on her mind.
"Hantou."
"Yes, m' love."
"You find my family insane, right?"
"Nuttier than a fruitcake."
"So why have you been so... LIKE them? I mean, you acted offended when we first arrived, but after a while you started acting like you enjoyed it."
"To be honest with you, first and foremost, I did it for you. But also, hey, they say, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em, right? And then when I saw Kisaragi was here, that cinched it. She might bug me a lot, but we did have some good times together."
Hazuki let out a low chuckle. "Something really strange had to be going on for all of this to happen. I mean, first Mina and I meet Chitose. Then, all five of Chitose's teachers decide at once to adopt him and come live with him. Then Chii, Mina, and I all reunite. Then you get a call for a contest, where the answer to their question is you. You win the tickets to my concert, we instantly fall in love, and to top it all off, come to find out Mama Kisaragi is your half-sister."
"It's destiny, babe. It was all set in motion before any of us were even born. There's no way that it could all be coincedence."

Then, for a good while, they were silent again. Hantou couldn't fall asleep, but Hazuki was out by ten fourty-five. By eleven-thirty, he decided he'd go out on the roof and get some fresh air. When he stepped out and saw Kisaragi there, he was obviously surprised.

"Kisa, what are you doing up at this hour?"
Kisaragi answered him without turning around. "I couldn't sleep. Satsuki's snoring is murder."
"Ha ha. So I guess that's why you sleep alone in the basement, huh?" Hantou crossed the roof and put an arm around his half-sister's shoulders. "Still coming outside when you can't sleep, eh?"
"You've always done the same, Hantou."
A short pause. Then, Hantou said "You know what? Most of my life I kind of shunned you because I thought you were weird and strange. I mean, when we were little kids, it was fine, because kids are supposed to be weird. But as you grew up, you became obsessed with dangerous creatures, and ruling the world. Then you started hanging out with that Kama chick..."
"Kanna."
"Whatever. The point is, now that I've seen you again today, I realized how much I missed you."
"I've missed you too, Hantou."
"Well, yeah. You freakin' calculated my absence to the second."
"Yes. I, too, thought you were odd."
"Oh? What do you mean, Kisa?"
"When you were ten, you became obsessed with shotokan. Father could not pry you away from your training no matter what."
"Ha ha... yeah."
"But I saw past that. You are my brother. Forget the "half" part. I love you infinitely. Fate brought our family together, and it brought you to me once again."
Hantou was taken aback. That was exactly what he and Hazuki was talking about.
"Even with my great scientific knowledge, I cannot begin to describe what fate and destiny are. All I know, they are forces that make things happen for a reason. Perhaps it is some all-seeing, all-knowing god. Perhaps we're simply an experiment for some larger, more advanced species. Whatever it is, it flows through our lives like an endless river."

"Kisa, are you a mind reader or something? That's exactly what Hazuki and I were talking about earlier!"
"I know. I had to pass Satsuki's room on my way up to the rooftop. I apologize for eavesdropping."
Hantou laughed, and it echoed across the night sky. "And I thought you were getting all mystical on me."
"Indeed I am, Hantou. You see, I had just been thinking about that very subject while trying to fall asleep."
"Uncanny."
Kisaragi turned around and threw her arms around Hantou's shoulders. "There was something set in the ways of the universe that made our family come all together. There is no way that all of us here could have come together on accident."
"Can you can the theatrics for a while, Kisa? I'd just like to enjoy your company for a while." Hantou brought Kisaragi closer to his chest and embraced her in a tight hug. After ten minutes, Kisaragi spoke. "I believe I will return to bed. If Satsuki's snoring gives me any trouble, I will come up with an invention of some sort. You take care of Hazuki. She's my daughter, you know."
Hantou chuckled. "Will do, "Mama" Kisaragi. I'll see you in the morning."

When Hantou awoke, he noticed that Hazuki was still asleep. She must have had terrible jet lag, even though she slept through nearly the entire trip. He didn't really sleep that much at all, especially considering that he was up for so long with Kisaragi. He wondered how Mina had slept. Hantou looked down at Hazuki, resting comfortably on his chest. Just by staring at her, he felt ecstatic. He had lost himself in her presence, when a knock on the door brought him back to reality.
"Yeah?"
"It's me." Kisaragi's voice. "Mutsuki has made breakfast. I came to wake you up."
"All right. Say, Kisa? Can you come in here a second?"
Kisaragi opened the door. "What?"
"So how'd you sleep last night? Did you have to deal with Satsuki's orchestra of a bad sleeping habit."
Kisaragi held up what appeared to be a gas mask. "Snore No More, Version 1.3"
"Ha ha. Anyway, I'll be sure to get Hazuki up. We'll be there soon."
"All right. Goodbye for now." Kisaragi turned and shut the door behind her.

After Kisaragi had left, Hantou gently shook Hazuki and called her name until she woke up. She looked up at him, brushed the hair away from her eye, and said "Hiya, Han."
Hantou kissed her forehead. "Hiya yourself. Anyway, Mutsuki's got breakfast ready, so..."
"Where did you go last night? I woke up at midnight, and you were gone."
Hantou cleared his throat. "I couldn't fall asleep, so I went to the rooftop for some fresh air. Kisa was up there, and we talked at length. I hadn't seen her in more than six years, so we had some catching up to do."
"Okay. Now what say we get to that breakfast. It's not going to eat itself."

When they got to the kitchen, everyone had already began eating. Hantou and Hazuki sat down, and began digging in. Hantou asked how Mina had slept, and she said she slept great. Satsuki said that Kisaragi had kept her up all night with her snoring. Kisaragi and Hantou looked at one another and chuckled. Chitose resolved to complaining about his family again.

"Why is it Hantou gets to sleep in a room and I don't? It's MY freaking house, and I'm stuck on the couch all the time!"
Yayoi whipped out her sword and held the sharp edge of the blade against the bottom of Chitose's chin. "Because we're the mothers, and we make all of the rules around here. Am I making myself perfectly clear, Chitose?"
Chitose held his breath. "Yes, Mama Yayoi."
Yayoi sheathed her katana. "Besides, Hantou is our guest. It would have been rude to force him to sleep on the couch, now wouldn't it have been, my son?"
Chitose nodded his head vigorously.
"Ah, leave 'im alone, Yayoi," said Satsuki, grabbing Chitose in a headlock and giving him a violent noogie. "Chitose is a good boy. He's just not happy unless he's complaining, that's all!"
"That's not true! I'm just tired of being treated unfairly in my own house! And you people are adults! You should START ACTING LIKE THEM!"
"Oh, Chitose, you're so cute when you're pissed off! BOOBY TRAP!" Satsuki stuck Chitose's head in-between her breasts and began furiously rubbing them on him.
Hantou turned to Hazuki and whispered "How about you give me one of those later?"
Hazuki snickered. "Oh, Hantou, you're so naughty."
"Is that a no?"
"It's a maybe."
"Get me out of here!" Chitose yelled amidst his prison of cloth and flesh.
A large explosion outside fulfilled the boy's request. A second sent them all scurrying outside to see what was causing the noise.

Hantou gasped when he saw the person responsible for the destruction. She seemed awfully familiar. The dirty-blonde girl with thick glasses and a jet pack was flying around, tossing smoke bombs.
"I want my Chitose! Give me Chitose!"
"Kanna!" Kisaragi said. "Stop this at once!"
"Kanna?" Hantou yelled. "That's your friend Kanna?"
Kisaragi nodded. "She's developed an unhealthy obsession with Chitose."

"Kanna!" Hantou yelled, taking a step forward. "This is Hantou, Kisaragi's brother!"
"Hantou?" Kanna was confused. "What are you doing here?"
"I want you to stop this foolishness at once!"
"Never! I must have the man of my dreams!"
"All right then, you've asked for it!" Hantou turned toward the others. "You guys are my family, and nobody messes with my family. Not even whiny teenaged brats like Chitose. Today, we FIGHT!"

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment