Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 8 - Lesson 8 - Enraged! Hazuki's Revenge

The continued adventures of the Happy Lesson gang. This time, it centers mostly around Hazuki and her new boyfriend.

Chapter 8 - Lesson 8 - Enraged! Hazuki's Revenge

Chapter 8 - Lesson 8 - Enraged! Hazuki's Revenge
Happy Lesson - Extra Credit
By The S

Lesson 8 - Enraged! Hazuki's Revenge

"HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU!" Hazuki screamed at the top of her lungs as she watched her beau being taken away. She was utterly distraught at the thought that she couldn't have saved him before he was kidnapped by Kanna. She began sobbing loudly.
Uzuki went over to her. "It's all right, Hazuki. We'll find a way to get him back."
Satsuki put a hand on Hazuki's shoulder. "Yeah, we'll be able to do it. There's nothing we can't do!"
Hazuki grabbed Uzuki in a tight hug. "M...Mama Uzuki... Mama Satsuki."
Suddenly, something went off inside her head. You could say that it clicked, but it would probably be best to say that it snapped. She used the back of her hand to wipe her tears away, and abruptly flung them outward. Hazuki then stood up slowly, a menacing expression on her face.

"Hazuki, are you all right?" Mutsuki asked.
A strange, dark-looking grin appeared on her face. "Better than all right."
A wave of genuine horror spread across the family. "Are you sure?" asked Uzuki.
"Yes, I am," Hazuki said. "I'm going to go get Hantou back."
"Great idea, kid!" Satsuki said, slapping Hazuki on the back. "Let's all get ready to go!"
"No, you don't understand, Mama Satsuki. I am going to get Hantou back. And I'm going alone."
"What? You can't be serious! That's suicide!" Satsuki exclaimed.
Hazuki's head turned so that she could see her blue-haired mother out of the corner of her eye. "No, I am going alone. I have made my decision, and that's final. I will not allow anybody to follow me."
Minazuki ran to her sister with tears in her eyes and grasped her in a firm hug. "No, Hazuki, don't go!"
Hazuki used the palm of her right hand to push on Minazuki's forehead, moving her away. "Sorry, Mina. You can't stop me from chasing after Kanna. I will rescue Hantou."

Hazuki turned back around. "Mama Kisaragi, I will need directions to Kanna's island, and your boat. Mama Yayoi, I request permission for the use of your sword. I will take care of everything else myself."
"Hazuki, you're insane!" Chitose yelled. "There's no way..."
Hazuki interrupted her brother by grabbing his shirt. She stared into his eyes with pure anger, an emotion he had never seen her show before. "There will be no more interruptions. You got that, Chii? The longer I stand here arguing, the longer it will be until I save Hantou. Besides, this is all your fault anyway."
"How is this my..." Chitose began.
Hazuki dropped her brother on the ground. Not especially hard, but not softly, either. "I don't have time for this. I'm going to get ready to take off."

Less than an hour later, Hazuki was steering the boat at an amazing velocity through the whipping ocean waves. She had learned how to steer the boat from Kisaragi almost a year ago, and was quite capable of manuevering the sleek white boat. The only thought on her mind was reclaiming Hantou, no matter what the cost. She didn't find it at all silly that she was risking her life to save a man she barely knew. He would have done the same for her. She flashed back on the time they had spent together. One week ago, she had been just content to touring around the globe, singing. Now she had a higher calling. She had a man that had charmed her heart. A man that she would give up everything for.

In a span of time of less than an hour and a half, it had begun raining. Drizzling at first, then it became increasingly stronger. Hazuki refused to relent against the storm, depsite the fact that the conditions would have forced the most experienced sailor to return to port. She was more determined now than she had ever been before. Hazuki vowed that she would save Hantou or die trying.

Back home, Kisaragi was working furiously on her laptop.
"Whatcha doing there, Kisaragi?" Satsuki asked, looking over her shoulder.
"I have a tracking device on the boat," she explained. "I can find the coordinates of exactly where Hazuki is, what she's doing, the weather conditions, and the size of the waves."
"That's amazing! So what's going on right now?"
"Hazuki's exactly fifty-six miles from Kanna's island. She's steering the boat in a perfectly straight line. However, the weather is nearing typhoon status, and some waves are two-to-five stories tall."
"What? Are you certain? Hazuki would never be so stupid as to endanger her life like that?"
"She's not stupid," said Kisaragi. "She's determined. Hazuki has found love, and she is willing to do anything to retain it."
"Well I'll be," Satsuki said, standing up and putting her hands on her hips. "Well, I do hope she makes it. I would hate to think of Minazuki as being an only child."
"HEY!" Chitose yelled from the table. "WHAT ABOUT ME?"
"Right, right," Satsuki said. "My mistake. Forgot all about you, Chitose."
Chitose sighed and muttered under his breath. "I'm the entire reason these psychos are even here. And yet they forget about me like leftovers in the back of a refrigerator..."

Hazuki eventually reached the island, and immediately set off to search for her beloved. She wasted no time, using Yayoi's katana to slash anything that got in the way. At one point, a large boulder stood in her way. She was not especially talented with the sword, but she decided to give it a shot anyway... with a strong diagonal slash, she sliced the rock clean in half.
"I have cut a worthless object," she said before inspecting the sword. Not even a nick in it. She was pleased that she had not damaged her mother's prized possession. But she still had a long way to go.

After fighting through the jungle for another twenty minutes, it became too dark to even see an inch in front of her. Fortunately, Hazuki had thought ahead, and brought a flashlight from the boat with her. When she clicked it on, she saw an electrical outlet on the tree in front of her.
"Now what the Hell is that?" she wondered aloud.
Brandishing the katana once more, she slashed the tree in half. However, when she did, a resounding metal CLANG echoed through the air. Hazuki flipped her soaking hair out of her face and looked inside the tree. Inside was a plethora of expensive-looking high-tech circuitry.
"Now this is indeed puzzling..." she muttered to herself as she decided to press on.

Because Kisaragi had not explored Kanna's island to the fullest, she left it uncharted on the map that she had made for Hazuki. As a result, Hazuki had to blindly make her way across the island. It was now morning, and she was still trying to find Hantou. Hazuki had not eaten or slept in almost twenty-four hours, but she had never felt so pumped. Step, step, step, slash, slash. Step, step, step, slash, slash. It was an unending pattern through the vast jungle. She had had run-ins with many branches and thornbushes that she had missed with the katana, and patches of dry blood were scattered across her body, and her clothes were ripped in places. Finally, she hacked her way into a clearing. There in the clearing, was a large steel cage. Lying on the floor of the cage was Hantou and the puppy that had been there the day before.

"Hantou!" she shouted, sheathing the katana and running up to the cage. She grabbed the bars and shook the cage. "Hantou, can you hear me?"
The figures on the bottom of the cage remained unstirred.
"Hantou, wake up! Hantou! HANTOU!"
Neither Hantou nor the dog moved.
She was beginning to lose her cool. There was definately something wrong. Hazuki unsheated the katana and slashed the bars to create a makeshift doorway. While resheathing the sword, she wasted no time running to the center of the cage and kneeling next to Hantou.
Hazuki shook Hantou violently, tears streaming down her face like the previous night's rain. "WAKE UP! WAKE UP! WAKE UP, DAMMIT! PLEASE! OH, GOD, WAKE UP!"
"Ha...Ha...Hazuki...?" Hantou moaned weakly. It was as if he had no strength left in his body.
"HANTOU!" Hazuki clutched Hantou's body closely to her. "Please, Hantou... stay alive!"
"Heh... I may... be lacking strength... but you won't... get rid of me... that easy."
Hazuki kissed Hantou's forehead. "Is there something I can do to help you gain your strength?"
"As long... as I'm with you... I'll manage."
Hazuki looked at the seemingly lifeless pup. "Is he all right?"
"Oh, Chibisuke? He's... okay. He just spent an hour... barking at the top of his... lungs. He's just... exhausted. Dog tired, if you... know what I mean?"
Hazuki looked at Hantou sternly. "At death's door and you're still cracking jokes?"
"I told you, I'm all right. Hey. You know from this angle... by looking through... that rip on your shirt... I can see one of your nipples."
"Yeah?"
"Yeah." Hantou waited for some sort of admonishment. Instead, she just stared at him. "So..."
"What," Hazuki said. "You think I've got a problem with that?"
Hantou laughed, more to himself than what Hazuki said. "No, not really. So let's.. get out of here. This place is horrible and... Kanna scares me."
"Agreed. C'mon, let me help you up." Hazuki pulled with every ounce of her strength and got Hantou onto his feet. She then picked up Chibisuke, who was snoring lightly, and handed him to Hantou to carry.

"Stop right there!" Hantou and Hazuki spun around to see Kanna standing about twelve feet away from them, steaming mad.
"Crap!" Hantou exclaimed. "It's Kanna!"
"I'm taking Hantou back with me, and that's FINAL!" Hazuki withdrew Yayoi's katana and held it outward.
"That sword, eh?" Kanna said. "Well, seeing as how it was the source of my defeat last time, I've come prepared."
From out of the ground beneath Kanna came a gigantic blue suit of samurai armor with a katana in one hand, and a wakazashi at its waist.
"Allow me to introduce the Super Samurai Shogun Showdown Robot, Version 1.5!" Kanna bragged from her perch on the massive machine's shoulder.
"Let's fight it, together, Hazuki," Hantou said.
"No, you're too weak to fight now. Besides, you've got to take care of Chibisuke," Hazuki said, swinging the katana. "I'll take on this creep all on my own!"

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment