Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 10 - Lesson 10 - Finale! Hantou's New Job?

The continued adventures of the Happy Lesson gang. This time, it centers mostly around Hazuki and her new boyfriend.

Chapter 10 - Lesson 10 - Finale! Hantou's New Job?

Chapter 10 - Lesson 10 - Finale! Hantou's New Job?
Happy Lesson - Extra Credit
by The S

Lesson 10 - Finale! Hantou's New Job?

"HEY HANTOU! I'VE GOT AWESOME NEWS FOR YA!" Hantou had been sleeping heavily, when suddenly a sharp voice cut through his dreams like a hot knife through butter. He struggled to open his heavy eyelids, and viewed Satsuki standing in the doorway.
"Eh? Satsuki? What the Hell are you talking about?"
"Well, last school year, Koyomi High's karate teacher retired. Well, come to find out, the school board couldn't find a replacement. So the other moms and I pulled some strings, and well, the job's yours if ya want it!"
"Seriously? Holy crap! That's awesome! You guys are the best!" Hantou turned around and saw that Satsuki's wakeup call had worked on Hazuki as well. "You hear that, hon?"
"Of course," said she. "That's wonderful." She kissed Hantou on the neck.
"I'll leave you two lovebirds alone, then," Satsuki said, heading out the door.
"Satsuki, wait a sec!" Hantou called.
"Huh?" She poked her head back into the room.
"When do I start?"
Satsuki grinned. "Oh, in about an hour."
"AN HOUR? Jeez, talk about fair warning..." As Satsuki left, Hantou kissed Hazuki on the lips. "Sorry I can't stick around, love, but I've gotta go to work."
"No worries. I'll be waiting for you when you get back." She paused. "Actually, I'll probably be back at the apartment, so why don't you just head over there when you get off work?"
"Yes, ma'am!"

Hantou's first class was small. It only consisted of seven students, and that didn't include his assistant...
"Minazuki?"
"Hi, Hantou!" Mina exclaimed, throwing her arms around him in a gigantic hug.
"Please, Mina, call me Minamoto-Sensei while in class."
"Oh, that's not fair!" Minazuki whined. "I wanna call you Hantou!"
"Hey, Chitose's moms make him call them by their last names in class! You could at least call me by mine!"
"How about I just call you Hantou-Sensei?"
Hantou sighed. "Oh, all right, I suppose. Just don't hug me so much. This is a karate class, not touchy-feely class."
Minazuki ignored Hantou's request. She squeezed him into a hug again. "Yay! I get to call Hantou by his first name in class!"

Hantou began his class shortly after that. He insisted that all of the other students call him Minamoto-Sensei, and Minazuki could only call him Hantou-Sensei because she was his sister-in-law - kind of a stretch on the truth, but it would suffice. One of his students, Fumitsuki Nanakorobi, kept complaining that she was only in that class because she needed an advanced gym credit, but Hantou convinced her to make the most of it. As it turned out, she had a nasty uppercut.

At the end of the day, he had altogether twenty students. He was understandably exhausted, for despite the fact that he had taught karate for such a long time already, it took extra energy to put up with these teenaged newbies. All but three of his students had never even thrown a punch before. He was used to teaching advanced training courses, but this was just something he was going to get used to. He was staying in Japan, and the fact that he had gotten a job after only being there three days was a Godsend.

Hantou, Minazuki, and Chitose walked home together. The moms had gone shopping with Hazuki, so when they got back, it would only be Mina and Hantou for a while. As they walked, Minazuki and Hantou talked at length about school. Mina attempted to get Chitose to join the conversation several times, but he ignored her. Hantou and Mina finally reached the apartment, said goodbye to Chitose, and went inside.

Minazuki decided to get dinner done before Hazuki got home. Hnatou really wanted to help, but would have probably ended up screwing things up. Instead, he went to go soak in a bath. He had been there ten minutes, when the door suddenly opened.
"Mina, I said I was... oh."
Hazuki walked in the door, covering the front of her body with a towel. "Hey, I just got home. Mina said that you were in here. You don't mind if I join you, do you?"
"No, I don't mind at all."
Hazuki dropped her towel on the floor and dipped her left foot into the warm tub.
"Hey, aren't you going to take a shower first?" Hantou asked.
"I'd rather get in the tub with you."
"Then, by all means, continue..."

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment