Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Chapter 1

It has been many moons since Fireheart became leader. Fireheart is now an elder, and Cloudstar succeeds him as clan leader. But there is a dark secret lurking in the depths of the forest ...

Chapter 3 - Chapter 1

Chapter 3 - Chapter 1
__________________________________________________________________________________________
NOTE: I have only read the first three "Warriors" books, so some things may not be quite right
______________________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 1

Cloudfur stretched and yawned. He padded out of his den, and stood upon highrock. He looked down at the clan, busily preparing for leafbare. Then he yowled "Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey gather below highrock for a clan meeting." All the cats sat down beneath the the huge rock and looked up at their deputy expectantly. The clearing echoed with the mutterings of the cats, wondering what the meeting was for. Then Cloudfur began "We are here today for some good news and some bad news, but first -" Then an elder yelled "What's the bad news?" Everyone turned to see Darkstripe, sitting at the back, eying the deputy with pure hatred. "Let me finish." said Cloudfur patiently. He turned again to see the rest of the clan. "I am afraid that our leader, Firestar, has been forced to retire as Thunderclan leader. He is now an elder, which means he should still be treated the the respect he deserves. It is a shame to lose such a great leader." He bowed his head, his eyes filled with greif. "Therefore, I have succeeded him as leader, by command of Starclan. I will be making the journey to moonstone at moonhigh, to receive my nine lives and my leader name. From then on I will be known as Cloudstar." A pair of amber eyes full with fury stood out from the rest of the clan. It was Bramblepaw - Tigerclaw's son. Cloudstar said "The good news is that ... Brackenfur will be the new deputy." There was silence for a moment when everyone looked at Brackenfur. He glanced around nervously. Then yowls of agreement echoed around the clearing. Then obviously thought that Brackenfur was a worthy choice. "Now - the bad news is that Riverclan cats have been hunting on Sunningrocks again. But this time they are journeying deeper into our territory. We must prepare for a Riverclan attack." Shocked yowls rose up from the crowd of cats. Cloudfur bowed his head and turned, and down highrock. The cats broke up, muttering and murmering, and congratulating Brackenfur. Cloudfur walked up to Brackenfur. Brackenfur looked shocked. "Are you OK?" asked Cloudfur calmly. Brackenfur nodded slowly. "Can you please take a message to the following cats? Brightpelt, Swiftfoot, Spottednose, Snowpaw, Oakenpaw, Sandypaw, Flamepaw, Fireheart and Longtail?" Brackenfur nodded. "What shall I tell them?"Cloudfur answered "Tell them that they are going to the Gathering - and you will accompany me as well."

The cats raced through the forest, skirting the edge of their territory, on their way to Fourtrees. Cloudfur led them, closely followed by Brackenfur. Then, they skidded to a halt, at the top of a slope, waiting for Cloudfur's signal to go. They peered down into the glade, looking anxiously at the other cats from different clans. Cloudfur gave the signal, so the cats bounded down the slope in one movement. They all turned and went in different directions. Cloudfur joined the elders. "It seemed like only yesterday I was sitting in my old Twoleg home, eating those disgusting pellets!" The other elders laughed. Cloudfur realised it was Fireheart who was talking. "And now, look at me! I've only just retired as leader!" The elders laughed again. Suddenly, Cloudfur heard a tingle of a bell. A kittypet! thought Cloudfur. He looked through the crowd to see where it had come from, but he coulden't find the source of the noise. Suddenly he heard a shrill yowl. He looked up at Great rock to see three silhouetted figures. I'm meant to be up there! he though with a jolt, so he leapt up there and joined them. The three cats looked at him in suprise, then nodded, indicating he should speak first. Cloudfur stepped up and announced "I am the new leader of Thunderclan. Firestar has retired to being an elder, so he will now be known as Fireheart again. Tonight I shall make my journey to moonstone to receive my nine lives and my new name. From then on I will be known as Cloudstar. I have also appointed a new deputy. Brackenfur is the new Thunderclan deputy." he stepped back to allow the other leaders to speak. Silverstripe, the Riverclan leader, stepped up first. She then yowled "Let us welcome Sleetfur - a kittypet who got left behind when her Twolegs moved away. She was formerly known as Princess-" a few cats sniggered "- and when a Riverclan patrol found her wandering in our territory, starving and ill, we agreed that we would accept her as a member of Riverclan." Cloudfur's heart missed a beat. Princess ... that name sounded familiar. Then it came to him! Sleetfur was his mother!

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Mattkur on August 19, 2006, 12:30:32 AM

Mattkur on
MattkurGood story, but, yeah a few things are off... better without those things!