Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - The Legend Begins

This is a short story of the origin of Indrid Cold, and Mothman.
I read the books on Mothman really carefully and even the original articles from 1966-67.
Sorry about my writting I'm not really good! LOL

enjoy.
-Tim

Chapter 3 - The Legend Begins

Chapter 3 - The Legend Begins
Tuesday night November 15th, 1966 the night after Merle Partridge's dog disappeared forever. Point Pleasant, West Virginia, miles away from Centerpoint/Salem, West Virgnia where Mr.Partridge had his strange encounter with this "red-eyed" creature.
Two young Point Pleasant couples went to a famous teen hangout for partying,parking and just having a good time. But this time would be the last time for anyone to have a good time at the famous teen hangout known as the TNT area. It was call that because a TNT plant was beilt during World War II, to make wepons for the US army. But it was closed down for years, so thats why all the teenagers in the area named it a "teen hangout".
The two young merried couples Mr. and Mrs.Mallette, and Mr. and Mrs.Scarberry were riding around between 11:30 and 12:00 o' clock. When they came up to the old TNT plant they saw in horror this thing along the side of the road. It then ran to the plant. It was about six or seven feet tall, having a wing span of 10 feet and red eyes aout two inchs in diameter and six inches apart. The couples drove away as fast as they could.
They got to Route 62. Suddently they saw the winged man standing on a bank but they did not see a head on it. Then as there car lights hit the bank they could see it's eyes plainly and it seemed to take off upward vey fast. Frightened the couples speeded down the road about 100 or 105 miles pure hour, but it didn't take long for the creature to catch up with them. It glided over top of there car back and forth untill they reached the lights by the National Guard Armory. It seemed to be afraid of the lights.
They drove through town and stopped in the lights at the Dairyland to discuss what happened. Linda Scarberry sudggested, they should go to the police, but they didn't.
They all decided to go back to make sure the thing was still there. They made it as far as the C.C. Lewis' gate, because they were really not up for going back there. As there car turned around, the lights beamed on a large dead dog, that was along the side of the road. The dead dog fited the same discription of the Partridge's family dog, Bandit. That went messing after Mr.Partridge had his encounter with a red-eyed creature.
As the couples turned in there car, they saw something run from behind a tree and jumped over top the back of there car and ran out through the field.
They decided they needed to tell someone about this. They headed down to Tiny's Drive-In and one of there friends and a few others came walking out of the door.
They told them there frighting story, and even though they were shaking from fear, the frist thing there firends said to them was, "Have you guys been drinking?" But they weren't drinking at all. They asked there friend to call the police and he did.
They all waited for the police. When they got there, the four of them went ahead of everyone up the road. As they were going up the road they saw it again in the field, it came up behind them and when there friend's lights could be seen behind them the thing left again and they turned at the traffic circle and went back. There friend searched the tree tops with his search lights and the others went back to Tiny's with there other friend in the car. On the way there, one of the girls said she saw two red eyes in a dark area on the left side of the road, she burst into tears at the sight of them. But none of the other four seen anything. They turned at the traffic circle again and went back into town, one of them told there friend of there frightening experience. They went into the car with there friend and went back to the TNT plant. Once there they stood still inside of the car with the doors locked and lights off.
Soon after wards they all saw shadows on the plant and one of the girls said she could see the red eyes again. There friend shot the spot lights right on them. They all seen something looking like dust or smoke twice when they when back and got there friend's car. And they all went to the trailer.
They decided to stay with them that night. So frightened they locked the doors and turned on all the lights and stayed up all night. The next day they all went back to the old TNT plant with another friend of their's. The men took their guns and went through the old plant. The others heard one of the men inside yell. And he clamed he saw something moving upwards inside, one of the boiler doors. They all were looking around the place and found prints that looked like a double hoof prints of a horse. Latter they all finally returned home. They all stayed together most of the time. At 9:30 that evening they heard that the creature was seen at their friend's home. They went directly up there, the men took their guns once again. But all they could find was the same looking tracks and they went back home about 12:30.
The next day they went back up there with T.V. reporters, the men went inside of the building to investigate a clanging sound that they heard. They found one of the boiler doors had been open.
That evening they went back to the plant once again with more reporters. While they were there, Linda Scarberry saw eyes in the field and Mrs. Mary Hyre saw them as well.

On the way home that night, right before they got to Point Pleasant resort. One of the girls saw the creature perfectly clear then anyone saw it during those other nights. She said she saw the complete outline of it and the eyes, but she could not see any head. That time was the most frightning, she had ever saw it.

After that not one of them forgot there encounter with this red-eyed, winged creature. In fact they live everyday wondering where the creature is and if it well attack them.
And every time they go out into a crowd they feel and hear people judging them and making fun of them.
some of them can't even have a good night sleep anymore cause of fears of the red-eyed creature coming in their wendow or something.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment