Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - The Martian Invasion, Pt 1

Duck Dodgers must fight against New World and the president of New World: Michael Good. But is Dodgers up to the task? Well, seeing as there is a reward.

Chapter 2 - The Martian Invasion, Pt 1

Chapter 2 - The Martian Invasion, Pt 1
Disclaimers:
Duck Dodgers, Space Cadet, Martian Commander, and all other related items/characters are copyrighted by Warner Brothers
The character of John Dallas Whiskey is copyrighted by me: Timonaholic

Duck Dodgers’ Saga
By: Timonaholic

Episode 2: The Martian Invasion, Part 1

Duck Dodgers entered the bridge. The Cadet saluted Dodgers before returning to the weekly check-up. Dodgers sat down on the captain’s chair, putting his feet up on the steering wheel. Suddenly, the holographic screen came on with John, still covered by the hat.
“Dodgers, there seems to be Martian ships gathering near Mars, seeming to be preparing for an invasion. I want you to go over there and see what’s up. If they are indeed planning an invasion, use whatever means necessary to stop them.”
“Got it, Johnny, ol’ boy.” said Dodgers as he headed for Mars. Once within range, Dodgers had the Cadet run a view of the ships’ positions. A few seconds later, the Cadet notified that the ships just seemed to be hovering above Mars, close yet far enough away from the planet’s gravitational force. Dodgers examined the ships’ position. He then found that they closely resembled a chess formation of one side, like the blacks. Dodgers ordered for recruitments, in which they came in about twenty minutes. Having them line up in chess formation; Dodgers placed his own ship where the king on a board would go. Though Dodgers knew that the Martians wouldn’t act out the battle like a chess game; so he told the others to wait and only charge on his command. Giving about ten minutes for the Cadet to spy on the Martians, he ordered the charge when the Cadet came back empty-handed on why the ships were there in the first place. Leading the charge, Dodgers was the first to crash into the Martians ships. Barely missing the first row of ships, Dodgers found that the Martians had been completely oblivious to Dodgers or the other ships. Dodgers and the others easily defeated the first through three rows. The last two rows were now aware of their presence, and were a little harder. Dodgers headed to the surface of Mars, wishing to see why the Martian ships had not landed.
Landing safely, Dodgers got out of his ship with a laser gun raised. He left the Cadet inside to make sure no Martians took it over or anything like that. He found that all the Martians seemed to be at the city hall. Entering in, Dodgers overheard the Martian Queen finishing her speech. She saw Dodgers and ushered him forward. The other Martians booed and threw various non-lethal items at Dodgers. Dodgers reached the stage and stood beside the Queen.
“Hearken, here is Duck Dodgers, conveniently arriving none the sooner,” started the Queen, “So, Dodgers, you may be wondering why we had about five rows of Martian ships hovering over Mars?”
“Uh, yes, that question did cross my mind.” said Dodgers, thoroughly confused.
“It is because New World is rising once more, but here in Mars, instead of Earth.” said the Queen.
“New World,” said Dodgers, “The American government in the year 2222 that was overthrown by John Dallas Whiskey with the help of the White’s Rebellion, started by Jessica White?”
“You have studied your Earth’s history well, Dodgers.” said the Queen.
“But it still doesn’t explain the Martian ships.”
“They were set there to get you to come here, Dodgers,” the Queen informed, “The question is, will you help us, Dodgers?”
“Why should I help Mars, whose been attacking my Earth and trying to kill me for some time?”
“If you agree to help Mars, I shall sign a peace treaty with your Earth, and we will get married, you and I, Dodgers; so that the bond between Earth and Mars can be tighter.” The Queen said. Dodgers celebrated greatly in his mind, but he took care in not showing it on his face.
“Well, how can I say no to that proposition?” Dodgers said, “So what do you want me to do?”
“I want you to find Michael Good, who is somewhere in the recesses of Mars’ old kingdom.” said the Queen.
“The president of New World is still alive?” said Dodgers, “I thought Whiskey disposed of Good back in the year 2222.”
“That’s what the records of Earth say, yes,” the Queen said, “But it would seem that Good is also part robot.”
“The secret of Good being a cyborg was found years ago, in the same year of 2222, to be exact; by Whisky.” Dodgers informed.
“Yes, but it would explain why he is still alive after all these years. Being a cyborg does give one eternal life. And what about this Whiskey fellow, Dodgers?”
“The hero of 2222, he overthrew Michael Good and New World with the help of the White’s Rebellion, which was led by Jessica White.”
“And what had become of Whiskey after he overthrew Good and New World?”
“I do not know for certain.”
“Well then, Dodgers, I suppose you’ll turn into another John D. Whiskey to help us, won’t you?”
“Uh, maybe,” said Dodgers, “Could you perhaps follow a plan of my making?”
“You made a plan, Dodgers?”
“Yeah, and if you don’t pay attention, you might get confused. It’s a bit complicated.” said Dodgers, and then he went over his plan to the Queen. The offshoot of his plan was that the Queen and her fellow Martian would create a sort of Martian Invasion of their own planet to try to drive Michael Good out, if he was indeed in Mars. Though the Queen thought this plan idiotic at first, after Dodgers explained it thoroughly, she was amazed at how simple the plan was and how there was a big chance of it actually succeeding. Thus she informed the rest of the Martians of the plan. And then, come tomorrow morning, they would carry it out.

The Martians tore into the underground facility of New World, destroying everything in their wake. Duck Dodgers flew in with a small attack ship of the Martians, flying around, not firing a shot. He was saving up for the ultimate bad guy at the end, whom Dodgers suspected to be Michael Good. Dodgers busted through the door of the big boss and exited the ship to aim his laser pistol at the figure at the far end of the room. As the figure turned to face Dodgers, Dodgers was stunned and lowered his pistol. Out of all the people Dodgers suspected to find right now, his old friend, Bugs Bunny, was not one of them. But there in front of Dodgers was Bugs himself with a black cape flowing about him.

To Be Continued…

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment