Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - Silence

Shonen-ai/Slash! For DD_DM. A black-winged angel finds himself caught up in the fate of a young boy that defies existence itself, a boy with paradoxed wings, a boy named 'Iris'...

Chapter 5 - Silence

Chapter 5 - Silence
Iris

+--

Darkness. Silence. Night.
Blood. Something stinking, something screaming. A fire that'd died out long ago, nothing more than cold, crumbling gray ashes.
Floorboards splattered with blood, sticky and sweet. What was this feeling?
Splinters under his fingernails, on his long, thin hands, clawing, scraping, digging. What was going on?
Hissing, snarling, and it terrified him the most to realize that it was his own voice, raspy and hoarse. Darkness all around. Cold, empty. Where was the warmth?
Sharp angles. Torn clothing, pieces of porcelain and shattered glass. Was that the silvery light of the moon?
Alone, so alone. Where were they? Sickly forms around him. Shapes he couldn't, didn't identify. Didn't want to see. An unending nightmare.
Pain, hunger. Hungering for what?
Everywhere, it seemed to consume him, fold him up in its dark embrace. Death. Everywhere. Was he dead? Or alive...?
Steps, crunching in the silence, racking, loud and shuddering. What was he feeling? Anger? Hate? Fear?
Someone was nearby, speaking, voice cutting deep into the thick silence, pounding in his ears. Who?
He saw the dark eyes, dark hair, large hands reaching for him. Fear? Surprise?
Warmth, coldness. Soft, sharp, painful, beautiful.
Words, words flowing over him like the stunningly cold water of a stream. Where was that memory from?
"...Come with me."
Rough, thick voice, deep and low. How he hated him. How he needed him.
"...Don't look at me like that. I'm not your guardian."
Arms around him. Couldn't he walk? Pain. Darkness. Where was the light? Who was this?
"Don't get me wrong. I'm not your friend. ...But I'm going to have to take care of you."
What was going on? Who was he?
...Darkness.
Silence.

+--

AN: Sorry. Really. Short as hell chapter explaining absolutely nothing, [maybe] but this part just wouldn't have worked out right as a flashback... So I had to do a seperate chapter. Hope you don't mind.
I promise though, I'll have the next chapter up real, real soon to make up for it.
This other chapter will have some nice super crunchy action. ...Hopefully. ...Or maybe the chapter after that. ^^; [I'm working on it~!!]
I come up with the world backgrounding 'Iris' in my head just fine, but when I have to get around to explaining it and 'painting' the picture with words, I tend to forget all about it...
If ever anything is confusing you then, go ahead and ask. I don't mind tips on improvements, though I won't exactly be going back and fixing chapters... duh, they're already posted, so that'd be pointless. But clearing up confusion, sure. [Unless it's a spoiler!]
Hope you're confused anyways. Heh.

Comments

Comments (5)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Phoenex360Gorillaz on September 4, 2007, 1:22:25 PM

Phoenex360Gorillaz on
Phoenex360GorillazWha? I mean, It's cool and all.... but...... GAH MEH HEAD! What ARE you talking about, you crazy monkey?

Trinity_Fire on September 5, 2007, 6:37:58 AM

Trinity_Fire on
Trinity_FireAhahaha, thanks. XD; Finally, you've hit the half-jewel in this pile of slush. XD; Iris was my most recent work (actually, it's pretty darn old itself, but then again, I've worked on it for over a year, haha.)
And I'm sorry, but it's just a dream. Don't worry about it too much. ;) (It'll all explain itself later, haha.)

Anyway; sorry to make you slog through a million chapters, but if you do stick through with Iris, I will be ever-so happy~ (there are parts I don't like to this story either, haha, but overall... It's not one I cringe at, haha.)
Thanks a lot for your comments! My gosh, you're so unbelievably nice. :3 *glompsquishhug*

THANK YOU!! :D

Astri on August 5, 2006, 7:18:38 PM

Astri on
AstriOh, yes, I’m confused. And curious as all getout about what the heck THIS was…must keep reading and find out…!