Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 15 - Lost

Shonen-ai/Slash! For DD_DM. A black-winged angel finds himself caught up in the fate of a young boy that defies existence itself, a boy with paradoxed wings, a boy named 'Iris'...

Chapter 15 - Lost

Chapter 15 - Lost
Iris

+--

The door slammed open. Maeve jumped in her chair, startled, pen clattering on the desk.
"Where the hell is he?!?"
Valkyre rounded on her, his fists clenched, dark eyes smouldering.
The woman stared back blankly. "...What're you talking about, Valkyre?"
The angel had a dagger up against her throat before she could blink. His lips were drawn into a thin, invisible line, eyes searching into her own, frantic.
"He came in with me! Iri- the boy, the boy with me! Where is he??"
Maeve held his gaze evenly, face calm, impassive. When she spoke, her voice was low and cool. "Valkyre. You should know as well as I do that I have no real interests in your personal life. I'm neutral on issues concerning the state. I don't know."
The hunter held the blade up against her for an instant longer, judging her, considering. A pause, then he flicked the blade away. "...Sorry," was the only thing she heard as he left the office, leaving the door gaping open. Maeve remained where she was for a moment, then picked up the telephone.
The hallway rang with the echoes of his pounding feet. Valkyre couldn't believe it. He'd been gone for only a moment. How had someone managed to steal the boy away in that time?? ...He shouldn't have left him alone.
He jerked the front door open, running out into an abandoned street, dimming to a valueless gray with the fading sun. The hunter looked both ways, but there wasn't a hint of anyone on the streets. ...But where was Iris??
Valkyre heard a chuckle from behind him, whirling around.
A shape clung to the wall above the doorway he'd just exited, one hand pressed palm down on the bleached brick in front of it, as if that alone could keep it up. ...Which, perhaps, it did.
The angel blinked, startled. It was the vampire from the group of hunter's he'd run into at the abandoned church. The cut of the hair and the form... Yes, it was definately him.
"Missing something, little angel?"
The vampire flashed a smile, showing perfectly white teeth, eyes amused, mocking. Valkyre hissed under his breath; how had they managed to track him here? At the same time, he was slightly relieved. He knew where Iris was now. And if he could beat him...
"What've you been doing, angel? I thought hunters turned in their bounties to the state. You're a little bit off-track."
Valkyre calmly removed the seal around his neck, tucking it away into a side pocket.
"Sorry," he replied, "I decided on being a rebel."
The vampire remained where he was, leering down at him. "Is that so now?" He cocked his head to one side, a bare blade strapped to his leg flashing briefly. "Is there something about him?"
The angel paused, trying to keep his face straight. "...What do you mean?"
The other shrugged. "It makes you curious, y'know? If everything they say about that kid's all true, and why his bounty so large?" The vampire's gaze narrowed, focused. "...Would you happen to know why, angel? What can he do, that makes him so special?"
Valkyre laughed. "You don't even begin to understand things," he muttered. The other hissed under his breath, body growing taut.
"Don't speak so strongly, angel. You're the one who's lost him!"
The vampire lept from the wall, dagger whipped out and slashing down at the angel. Valkyre lept aside, pulling out a blade of his own, instantly spreading his wings. They flared out around him, snapping out at the other, who dodged them nimbly, but left him unguarded as the angel darted forward. He slashed at the vampire's exposed shoulder and neck, but the other managed to counter his heavy blow, and both of their blades went spinning off.
Valkyre struck again with pure magic this time, the neon-bright light gathering in his palm and leaving a fading trail in the smooth sweep, forcing the vampire to block with a quick blast of his own magic, hastily drawn up and weaker.
It missed the main blow, but the vampire was sent stumbling back several feet, reeling. Valkyre was about to strike again, but something bridged on the edge of his perception.
He whirled around, but it was already too late. He glimpsed something dark flashing from above, heard the rustling of loose clothing.
Something hit the back of his head, and then everything went black.

+--

AN: Meh. More crappiola, this chappie was real short and kinda badly done...
Midterms still crushing me. -_-;
And, well, I can't blame it on you guys, but yesterday [mon.] instead of studying, I got bored and sat down and started typing! XD So you guys will have your chappies, but for now, I've got to get back to my studies, ehehehe...
I really, really want to introduce some charries soon... But it'll take time, and I kinda want to save the best for last... Plus, I still have a helluva lot of brainstorming to do. I'm just kinda coming up with the scenes for the next few chapters right before I have to do them, ehehehe...
Well, I'm sorry about bringing back old charries, but I'm just too lazy to introduce more... Yyyyup. ...Too lazy for anything today, really. Heh. ^^; [Next chappie, I'll name them! XD]
::falls out of chair:: Miiiiidterms suck out my braaaaaaaain!
...Thanks for reading, g'night.

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Astri on August 5, 2006, 7:23:58 PM

Astri on
AstriAnd I thought the vampire was a one-shot deal ~.^

Might as well remark now, I really like the names you pick. Valkyre, Maeve…but the best one is Iris. Naming him Iris was seriously inspired. It keeps life in his character even when he seems his most dead.

I have this unhealthy adoration for the name Iris…

crazy_jamaican_gurl on July 11, 2006, 2:14:56 PM

crazy_jamaican_gurl on
crazy_jamaican_gurlTHANK YOU * bows down over and over and ver and over and over , i think you get the point, again* my vampire is still alive!! Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you, as you can see i love cvampires, thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SenayDragon on January 27, 2006, 9:41:03 AM

SenayDragon on
SenayDragonCliffhangeeeerrrrr... O_O *runs to next chapter*