Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 17 - Half

Shonen-ai/Slash! For DD_DM. A black-winged angel finds himself caught up in the fate of a young boy that defies existence itself, a boy with paradoxed wings, a boy named 'Iris'...

Chapter 17 - Half

Chapter 17 - Half
Iris

+--

Raguel smiled.
"...Your name is Valkyre, isn't it?" he asked, rising from his chair, voice low and smooth, languid. The angel didn't reply.
The other's eyes flickered back towards the sleeping figures on the bed and ground. He looked back at the hunter. "They won't disturb us; I put the drug in their drinks."
Valkyre blinked up at him wordlessly, face kept carefully blank. He had been suspecting it, just a tiny possibility he'd taken and threw away again. He'd noticed that Raguel had spoken little and eaten less as well, but he honestly couldn't see how this would benefit either of them.
"...Iris."
Valkyre narrowed his gaze, and Raguel laughed, lightly. "Then it's all true, isn't it, Valkyre? You were with Iris... You know who he really is, don't you?"
The other paused, then stepped closer and kneeled before Valkyre.
"Don't worry, angel, I care about his release from the state as well." His voice was a mere whisper, almost slow and sluggish, but dangerous. The hunter held his gaze evenly, still refusing to speak. He found it hard to believe that Raguel would choose to take so long to show who he really was. And the idea of such of an ally didn't quite go over easily.
The other paused, unmatching eyes flickering down to the stain of dried blood on the floorboards. "...He said you had tainted blood..."
Raguel leaned closer and Valkyre couldn't help but wince as cool fingers brushed his cheek, pushing back loose strands of hair. Raguel brought his face closer, and the angel felt the light cold of the sharp teeth on his neck, but the other drew no blood and the teeth changed to the soft press of lips.
"...You're pure-blooded," he heard the other whisper in his ear, "...Purer of blood than any of us... Just like..."
Valkyre jerked his head away, hissing low under his breath. He averted his eyes, trying to ignore the faint hot flush to his cheeks. ...What was he talking about?
Raguel stood, moving away. He was getting something from the dresser-top table. When he turned around again, a small dagger flashed silver in the dim light.
"You need to get Iris back," he stated simply, tilting his head slightly to one side as he studied the angel still kneeling on the ground, unmoving.
"...Why are you helping me?" Valkyre finally spoke, careful to kept his voice low, eyes sharp and wary. Raguel only smiled. "You know who Iris really is," he murmured, "and you seek to protect him. I do the same."
He came closer, kneeling, dagger flashing dimly. "You need to go now and get him back, before he's taken away." He reached around Valkyre, bringing himself up much too close to the other for his liking, unmatching eyes gazing right into his, soft exhale of breath brushing over Valkyre's face.
The ropes broke, and the angel immediately grabbed the dagger, fumbling with bound fingers as he cut the ties around his ankles and knees, pushing himself away.
Raguel only smiled as he stood up, stepping back.
"...Go now," he murmured quietly, gesturing at the rest of Valkyre's possessions lying on the table. "I still have things to take care of. ...I'll find you later."
He turned away, silent.
Valkyre brought his hands before him, arms complaining from being kept behind his back for so long, and cut through the last of the ropes. He rose unsteadily on shaky legs, keeping his eyes on the other's still form. Still Raguel did not turn around, did not respond.
The angel retrieved all of his belongings and wordlessly left. He had more questions now than ever before, and he'd been unable to help himself from glancing back one more time at the still figure in the room.
But he would worry about it later. Only one thing mattered now.
Iris.

+--

AN: Mmn. Rather iffy chapter. But, heck, we've got some stuff happening, eh?
Thanks for the return of the comments, I feel much better now. :) It's sad though how the recent stories page has been down for eons... I need a way to publicize and all. Ehehehe. ^^;
I hate the lame-@$$ insinuations... I'm bad at those... I'll try to work on that, but I'm... kinda too lazy right now. XD
Next, perhaps, 2 or so chapters already typed up, so I'll try to clean them up and upload as soon as possible... every other day or somesuch? ...I need some chapters to fall back on, ehehe.
Awesome, we're at ch. 17 already [yes, we] and if I can keep this up, this'll be my longest [and, perhaps,] best story of all time! XD Not so much yaoi and somesuch, this is just the shonen-ai type of story... Search for a plotline instead?
Thanks a ton for keeping up with me, guys, and I promise to always keep going. :)
See ya next chapter!

Comments

Comments (5)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Astri on August 5, 2006, 7:24:51 PM

Astri on
AstriHey, I like shonen-ai. My favorites are always the shonen-ai, not the yaoi. Yaoi is great and all, but nothing tops a shonen-ai with a wonderful story. Like this one, for example. Involving story, fantastic characters, and suggestive sensuality that just kind of brushes the edges of your imagination like simbala music. The perfect read ~.^

crazy_jamaican_gurl on July 12, 2006, 1:14:45 PM

crazy_jamaican_gurl on
crazy_jamaican_gurlraguel...vampire...valkyre hmmmmmmm????? Who to love more???? I know *lightbulb above head* *grabs them all and runs* hehehehehehehehehehehehehe they are all mine! mine i say!! wait forgot one *turns back to get iris* better now where was I...oh yeah run away!!!!!!!!!!!! whew lost them *shoe hits back of head. hey!!! well gotta run once again...jeez I've been running a lot lately...I wonder if I lost any weight *checks scale* uhhhh no comment

SenayDragon on February 11, 2006, 9:15:35 AM

SenayDragon on
SenayDragonWonderful chappie! Raguel is so very mysteriiooouuussss.... I wonder what his goal is.... >>

TheArchitect on January 23, 2006, 3:05:31 AM

TheArchitect on
TheArchitectYay, I like Raguel too :)
I kinda want this story to go quickly, cos I want to know what happens... but I also want it to go slower, cos that means I get to read it for longer, hee hee :)
Sore wa subarashii ! (Thats probably wrong, but its supposed to say something like 'it is super!' lol. My Japanese skills aren't up to much yet, but I hope they improve soon, cos I have a test tomorrow)