Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 19 - Purse

Shonen-ai/Slash! For DD_DM. A black-winged angel finds himself caught up in the fate of a young boy that defies existence itself, a boy with paradoxed wings, a boy named 'Iris'...

Chapter 19 - Purse

Chapter 19 - Purse
Iris

+--

"...Are you okay?"
Iris nodded, eyes not meeting, as he was dropped to his feet. Valkyre had wanted to get out much quicker, as word of the raid on the jail station was spreading like wildfire, but he needed to be prepared. He held on to Iris' hand this time as he stepped back into the white-wash waiting room.
Maeve, in the middle of conversation with a man behind the counter, looked up with expectation barely covered by mock surprise. "Ah, Valkyre."
The angel glanced around the room quickly, nervous. He had to get going, fast. The woman beat him to it, picking up the knapsack at her feet, high heels clicking on the linoleum floor as she handed it to him. "You came for this, hmm?"
She smiled, then looked at Iris next to the hunter, eyebrows raised. "...I thought so," she murmured, giving Valkyre a look that made him frown, not quite sure what it was supposed to mean. "...Maeve, I"-
She laughed, batting away his words with a hand tipped in polished nails. "Don't worry," she said, "I won't give anything away. You're more valuble to me as a client." Valkyre opened his mouth, wanting to ask her about the tainted blood, but she took his hand, pressing something into it. The hunter pulled his arm back, stared at the small leather purse in his fingers.
"You forgot your money, you know. You're much too hasty about things," she added with a sigh, chewing on a fingernail.
The angel started to pocket the purse, then stopped, frowning. He held up a small silvery key. "...What's this?"
Maeve rolled her eyes. "It's late, hun, you need somewhere to stay the night. Remember that old dump we used to use while the office was down? It's still there, and it'll be safe enough."
Valkyre made to speak again, then paused. Finally, he muttered, "I notice the weight of the purse only seems enough for two bottles..."
Maeve laughed, turning away. "Consider it the thanks, mmkay?" The man behind the counter was still studying Iris with raised eyebrows, but rolled his eyes at her. Valkyre nodded and tucked away the purse and key.
He gave Iris' hand a small, reassuring squeeze, and they left.

+--

AN: Bleh, rather boring chapter, [and extremely, pathetically short] but c'mon now, we've got to be SENSIBLE, right??
........ ....... .. ............. .. . ........... ::is greeted by a long silence:: .......oh, well. It's hard to get by without food and supplies and all, so this is a necessary chapter. XP
Well, thanks for keeping up the comments, and congrats on a new commenter! ::beams:: ^_____________^-
Not much left to say... Promise to have the next chappie up by... say, Saturday? Maybe Friday, 'cuz I feel like celebrating the end of another tortuous school week. :)
Thank you!!

Comments

Comments (4)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Astri on August 5, 2006, 7:25:42 PM

Astri on
AstriI like Maeve. I really like Maeve ^.^ That’s all I can really say right now ^.^; God, my comment makes this chapter look like the flippin’ Bible… --.--

SenayDragon on February 11, 2006, 9:17:00 AM

SenayDragon on
SenayDragonAll right! They're back on track! But on the track to what I wonder...?

TheArchitect on January 26, 2006, 9:12:52 PM

TheArchitect on
TheArchitectSorry i didnt comment on the last chapter, I had the most BORING essay in the world to write, and I left it 'til the last day, so I had like 2000 words to write in one go. Anyway, I was crap, but its handed in anyway, so im much happier, and even more so due to new chapter-ness :)