Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 23 - Trapped

Shonen-ai/Slash! For DD_DM. A black-winged angel finds himself caught up in the fate of a young boy that defies existence itself, a boy with paradoxed wings, a boy named 'Iris'...

Chapter 23 - Trapped

Chapter 23 - Trapped
Iris

+--

Darkness. Tunnels.
He was running, feet echoing on silence, dirt laid thick over rusted steel, walls dripping like glittering, laughing stars.
He couldn't see the stars from here, couldn't see the crescent or the half or the almost-full but not quite moon. Where were...?
Where was Iris?
Spiders crawling along the walls. Paradoxes flitting past, light and dark and gray. Bloody red and burnished gold and moonlit gray. Sickly green staining brown. Where...?
Up ahead, glimmer of gray. Iris. Turning around to face him, eyes hollow. No expression.
He was reaching out his hand, trying to shout but wordlessly, nothing coming out. Choking on dust, on rising ashes, swirling around his feet.
Iris blinks, and his eyes are red, demonic, teeth bared. Terrifying, so much he stops running, frozen.
And then the boy suddenly collapses, red stain of blood everywhere, splattering.
He tries to jump forward, but he's unable to reach him, stopped by iron bars, staring into the cell, shapes flitting past him, shadowy and sped-up, all seeking to escape. Escape from what??
He's pushed down, eyes glinting down at him, teeth in a smiling face, and he fights back, stumbling to his feet again. His wings feel torn, feel like they're dragging on the ground. But when he tries to turn and see them, they're not there.
Iris.
He whirls around again, sees the blur of metal bars. Human world.
But he's trapped. He's on the inside, and Iris is the one standing on the outside, looking in, head tilted slightly to one side. Eyes gray again, faintly smiling.
He tries to speak, tries to go towards him, but he can't move, wings dragging, feet sinking into the dirt and steel. Humans' waste of the world. Destruction everywhere. Silent.
Iris smiles, softly, hand reaching up slowly, fingers touching his own shoulder. He's shirtless, and the black bat comes to life under his palm, flitting over his body, against his skin, trying to get out. The wolf crawls over the other shoulder, teeth nipping at the corner of the boy's eye, thick fur bristled. Howling, soundlessly.
Iris raises his hand, palm up, and the bat flies down his shoulder, rising, lifting itself from his fingertips until it's free, flitting away into the dark of the tunnel. The wolf lopes along his arm, rising muzzle-first from the palm, then forces its way out and dives towards the ground, huge and growling, hackles bared, thick fur stirring up the ashes. It vanishes into darkness.
The bars are shattering arond him, stones crumbling to dust. Dark, inky midnight black, without the stars or clouds or moon.
Iris smiles, then vanishes in the darkness.

+--

AN: Ehehehe. I can't help it. I've got a thingy for sticking in random bits of stuffos. ^^;
It's just a dream, if you can't figure it out. Don't worry.
Well, this is real short and pointless [but I felt like sticking it up anyways, 'cuz it's snowed yesterday [A whole lot, too!] and I'm seizing this opportunity! X3
Over a foot! Yah! Up to my knees! ::flounders and falls in the snow, then doesn't get up::
...Yuu. Snow.
So. I actually have most of the next chapter up, and I'm working on editing it. I'll have it up tmrw or the day after, to make up for this one's crappiness.
...And now if you'll excuse me.
Snow day~!!!!! ::bounces off::
Thanks for reading, sorry for the short chapter, and see ya next! X3

Comments

Comments (7)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Phoenex360Gorillaz on September 5, 2007, 12:53:06 PM

Phoenex360Gorillaz on
Phoenex360GorillazI hate spiders! HEEEEELP!!!!! Does this have anything to do with upcomming chapters? It seems like a premonition... Iris in trouble and just out of Valkyre's reach while he's locked up. XD I think I spelled his name wrong.....

Trinity_Fire on September 5, 2007, 11:24:17 PM

Trinity_Fire on
Trinity_FireHum? No, you've spelled all their names right... :3 Yay~<3

Astri on August 5, 2006, 7:27:32 PM

Astri on
AstriSnow, huh? Lucky ^.^ Bet you wish you had some of that now, huh?

All I can say about this chapter is…it is very creepy. Not just creepy in what happens, but in what is described before anything happens. If this is foreshadowing, it’s foreshadowing some pretty horrific events. (Goddess, take an Advanced Composition class and you analyze everything.) The first half of this chapter, I think, is scarier than the second. No mean feat, considering the first half is mostly jumbled chaos.

But I think that is why it is scarier than the second half. The second half I can understand. The first…is outside my comprehension.

Creepy.

crazy_jamaican_gurl on July 13, 2006, 12:42:43 PM

crazy_jamaican_gurl on
crazy_jamaican_gurlyour missing one thing in this dream, the mushroom cloud signaling the end of the world!! LOL I really am messed up...yay me! *Jumps up and down hitting peopl* Oops!

SenayDragon on March 13, 2006, 11:57:39 AM

SenayDragon on
SenayDragonMwaaah~! Such beautiful imagery... ;-;