Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 56 - Peace

Shonen-ai/Slash! For DD_DM. A black-winged angel finds himself caught up in the fate of a young boy that defies existence itself, a boy with paradoxed wings, a boy named 'Iris'...

Chapter 56 - Peace

Chapter 56 - Peace
Iris

+--

Peace. Quiet. Solitude.
…No, he was not alone. The world seemed so distant, but no one was ever utterly alone.
Arms wrapped around him, soft and supple, like tender branches, curling over his shoulders.
Iris leaned back against them, eyes closed, smiling lightly, folding himself into this intricate, braided cage of long entwined fingers and warm supple arms.
“…I’ll protect you. I won’t let them in.”
The boy didn’t respond. Out there somewhere, Valkyre was lost. Corryn was sitting on the edge of a stone cliff, gazing out at nothingness, waiting for any other stragglers or strays, saying goodbyes. A vampire lived only for revenge, forgetting love and pain and life.
And the others… al of them… were coming. Coming here. Following him.
This was where it was all going to end.
A soft humming, lips pressed into the back of his head, mouth tangled and imprinted through Iris’ tangled hair.
“…Are you afraid? …Don’t be. I’ll protect you.”
A voice like the rustling of leaves. Greens and browns.
So soft and warm, this hidden corner. He was ruining it. He would bring about destruction.
“…You can’t.”
The arms around him stiffened, trembling slightly.
“…I-I can. I will. I’ll protect you. It’s my duty.”
Iris smiled to himself, softly. He tipped his cheek to the side, letting it rest against bare skin and shoulder and coarse, unruly hair, like tangled vines.
“…I’m still waiting… for him. You know that.”
The hand gripped at his clothes, tightening into a ball.
“I’ll protect you. From all of them. I will.”
Iris sighed, a small and hushed sound.
“…You know you can’t,” he murmured softly, sinking down against the skin. “Your”-
“I-I’ll try.”
His voice was breaking, weak, reminding Iris again of how young he really was. How old he was, yet so fresh and young, inexperienced. How little he knew. How much it would hurt when he lost what little he had, when he lost all of his whole little universe.
He was the frog at the bottom of the well, seeing only a tiny circle of sky and thinking that the whole wide world.
Iris didn’t bother responding. He knew he didn’t need to, and he knew that words had limited power here, on one who had not heard spoken words in so long. They were alike, the two of them, in that sense.
“…I-I’ll protect you.”
So like Valkyre.
And yet, not.
His angel was still so far away, still wandering around, searching, seeking. Fighting himself, slowly understanding. Rushing by at the usual, human pace, always reminded of death at their heels, striving so hard for meaning.
Iris could wait. He would.
Iris returned to his peace, to the arms around him and the soft drifting fall into eternity and the dreams of black angel wings, granted only in sleep.

+--

AN: Ohmaigawd, I haven't written a freakin' thing in so long. o_o; This is a bit of an old, short chapter, as I'm kinda, really, quite, busy with midterms. Sorry! X<
Anyways, just drabbles. Next chapter should have something a bit more substantial... after which, expect things to jump around a little. I'm a tad confused. >>;
Well, hope you guys like!
And, as always thank you all who comment~ I luv you all~

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Dark_Alchemist on January 31, 2007, 11:32:47 AM

Dark_Alchemist on
Dark_AlchemistHmmm, just thinking about it ... Phantom of the Opera does fit. Deffy's not that warped ... Or maybe I am too. Hard to tell ...

DefyDeath_DefyMe on January 21, 2007, 3:16:46 AM

DefyDeath_DefyMe on
Comment Deleted

Trinity_Fire on January 21, 2007, 4:44:42 AM

Trinity_Fire on
Trinity_FireAw! But, don't you think Iris might've already knew?? ;)

Anyways, Iris never seems surprised by anything. XD; Damn you though Deffy, I've been writing AHEM the other story rather than Iris as of late, thanks to you. XD
...HF<3. XD;